Ryan Katzenbach’s lawsuit

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Ryan Katzenbach’s lawsuit

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:54 pm

PeterPisani wrote:85. Plantiff states, in May 2012 on the MAXIM website "Ryan did TERRIBLE research. Shattered Hopes is based on the account of a woman who was living in Upstate NY at the time of the Murders. She was not married to Defeo Until 1985."

Defendants statement is defamation on it's face in the assertion that "Ryan did Terrible research".
I'd like to see Defendant defend this woman's claims in court...

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:24 am

According to my lawsuit, I am being sued by reps from KATCO media. As of RIGHT NOW, in an attempt to contact RYAN KATZENBACH and offer him a very public chance to explain the "TRUTH" to me and those he has hurt and lied about, all I can find is THIS.

Amityville Holdings,Inc., 6404 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1805; Los Angeles, California 90048

SO......does Katco not exist anymore? And if not, I dont understand what this means. If anyone has KATCO's Info, Or a number for Katzenbach I would be obliged.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 am

PeterPisani wrote:According to my lawsuit, I am being sued by reps from KATCO media. As of RIGHT NOW, in an attempt to contact RYAN KATZENBACH and offer him a very public chance to explain the "TRUTH" to me and those he has hurt and lied about, all I can find is THIS.

Amityville Holdings,Inc., 6404 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1805; Los Angeles, California 90048

SO......does Katco not exist anymore? And if not, I dont understand what this means. If anyone has KATCO's Info, Or a number for Katzenbach I would be obliged.

Peter, shouldn't this be something your lawyer should be involved in?

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 am

I am just making sure I am not jumping guns. As Ryan stated, anytime I have to go to counsel is billable hours and it aint cheap. So before I do anything else, I know some very smart people lurk here. And they Pay attention to Ryan for there own reasons. So bluntly, In my search to contact Ryan I cant find an office for Katco. The first thing that pops in my google is this.

Ryan Katzenbach, Researcher, Amityville Holdings Incorporated ...

http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profil ... ..targetid...

So No. Before I pay legal counsel to travel half the country at the friend price of 100 blillable an hour plus living stipend I do what I can on my own. If that means asking any one who knows what a piece of :) flower :) Ryan truly is for help so be it.

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am

Heres one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GvTSQXpRJo

I am getting sued for this.

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 am

This is HILARIOUS!! It's comical, not offensive. He can't be serious to include this in the lawsuit???
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."

AKA JH70
I got yer stinkin' quarter!

Post by AKA JH70 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 am

astonio wrote:This is HILARIOUS!! It's comical, not offensive. He can't be serious to include this in the lawsuit???

Hilarious is an understatement. LOL

Looks like Ryan is just grasping at straws.

Either that or he's still a kid who gets upset when people make fun of him

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:53 am

Page 48 Line 10
Fourth Cause of Action
Misappropriation and right of publicity violations
Defendent and likely complicent did misappropriate the plantiffs personal and private photographs from Plantiff's locked, private social media pages. Various photographs were taken from these pages and Photoshopped. (These photos include pictures of Plantiff with author Ric Osuman, individual pictures of the Plantiff that were either just casual daily, personal pictures or those of him on location while working on his film, pictures of the Plantiff with veteran Hollywood director Garry K. Marshall). The Photoshopped pictures have appeared on Dan Nolte's Amityville FAQ board where they remain as the date of his filing despite the fact that Plantiff has told Nolte in no uncertain terms that his property is to be removed from the site. (Notlte has publicly stated his refusal to do so.) The pictures have been used to malign and defame the Plantiff whereupon FAQ members, and like Nolte himself, have Photoshopped captions onto these pictures; they have cut the heads off of Osuna and Plantiff and positioned them with the caption "Two Peas in A Pod", and so on, which will likely be addressed legally when this suit is amended to include all responsible and ficticiously sued Does 1-100.

Defendent has taken several of these same photographs that have been misappropriated and reproduced by the FAQ and incorporated them into the video complained of in the First and Second Cause of Action entitled "KatMan". The photo of Plantiff in a skull-cap and with a beard is the predominant photo used in Defendant's video. In addition to the flagrant misappropriation and theft of the Plantiff's personal property, namely photographs, the Defendant has also violated Cal. Civ. Code 3322, known commonly as California's Right of Publicity Law. 3344 deals with the use of another's name, voice, signature, photograph or likeness in advertising or soliciting without prior consent. The law, in pertinent part, states, at 3344:
Any person who knowingly uses another's name, voice, signature, photograph, or likeness, in any manner on or in products, merchandise, or goods, or for the purposes of advertising or selling. or soliciting purchases of products, merchandise, goods or services, without such person's prior consent...shall be liable for any damages sustained by the person or persons injured as a result thereof.

Defendent has used the Platiff's personal photograph in violation of Cal. Civ. Code 3344(a). Defendant did not seek or obtain prior consent before producint the "KatMan" video which he has posted on YouTube and his own personal Facebook page. Plantif is entirely recognizable as "Ryan Katzenbach" in the video, and furthermore, given the "credits" which appear in the video, it is very clear that this is, indeed, Plantiff Ryan Katzenback in the video. WHile the Defendant is not actually selling a product, what he is selling is a smear campaign against the Plantiff's product and using the Plantiff's likeness to destroy the Plantiff's own product, the Shattered Hopes documentary, which the Defendand clearly and repeatedly refers to by name.

Plantiff is entitled to statutory and actual damages as a result of the Defendant's violation of Cal. Civ. Code 3344.
Plantiff is entitled to punitive damages.

(All of THAT because I posted a youtube vid. I didnt make the vid. Youtube says ALAN STARKS did. Ryan says maybe I didnt even make the vid. I have 100s of pages of this drivel. As of NOV 5, Ryan has not filed as he was supposed to. If I answered every line of his insanity in court or with a lawyer it would cost me an arm and leg. It already cost me way more than I will ever discuss with most .So i pick and choose. All I really need to do is show up for the next hearing with my defense. In the meantime, I shoulda maybe read the Amityville holdings thread. For fun , look up Fifth Cause of Action. CYBERSTALKING.)

So Yes Tonio....he really did.

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 am

Here is the duplicity of this kinda man Ryan Katzenbach

"Any person who knowingly uses another's name, voice, signature, photograph, or likeness, in any manner on or in products, merchandise, or goods, or for the purposes of advertising or selling. or soliciting purchases of products, merchandise, goods or services, without such person's prior consent...shall be liable for any damages sustained by the person or persons injured as a result thereof."

This is worth money to you?

Whats THIS worth to me?
http://www.amityvillefilm.com/FamilyTies.html
You take a baby pic of me and use it to schlepp yer movie? I guess thats not creepy or anything.
Guess what.....you cant ever prove I made KATMAN because I DIDNT. But I CAN prove you refused to take MY LIKENESS down. I can also show a Judge where you stated you even put that Pic up to trap me out of my silence. You are a VERY stupid man.

Things like this is why I never took this lawsuit seriously. When I NEED to be in court, Trust me. I will be.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 pm

I don't think you have anything to worry about. It looks to me like Ryan has dropped the case. He never refiled his motion for default judgment as ordered by the judge. The deadline to do so was a month ago. No new documents on PACER since October 2nd.

Looks like your "strategy" of simply ignoring this lawsuit has worked.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 pm

PeterPisani wrote:Heres one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GvTSQXpRJo

I am getting sued for this.

OMG!!!! LMFAO!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:16 pm

It is Great and I wish I could take credit for it Shawn....And Dan, my "Strategy" was to go to court, when I needed to, on my terms. I said that alot. Ryan promised to drag me to court a bunch of times at high expense to myself. He did it to you as well. In civil cases (unless I am GROSSLY misinformed) until the judges last gavel bang pertaining to this case, I can enter defend myself. I will believe it is over when I see a Judge dismiss the case. It's Ryan and I just kinda dont trust him you see.
Last edited by PeterPisani on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:33 pm

All good. I'm not saying it is definitely over -- just saying "it looks that way to me." Just trying to put you at ease.

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Thank you. I am truly sorry you were dragged into all this melodrama.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:48 pm

So whatever happened to this lawsuit? Is anything happening with it? How long does a judge let it sit before dismissing it? Why would anyone start a lawsuit and not finish it?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm

The last thing that happened in regards to this suit is that the judge (who sure hasn't hidden his irritation with Ryan) denied Ryan's "motion for default judgment" against Peter because Ryan failed to include a monetary value for his damages. The judge gave Ryan a full month to refile the motion with his calculation of monetary damages included. That deadline to refile was November 5, 2012.

There have been no documents relating to this case posted on the PACER website since that order from the judge on October 1st. So it would seem that Ryan has given up on this suit.

And what did we hear from Ryan in that time? We heard him talk about having a "summer meltdown" during his podcast interview with Brian Jasick. Could this be his way of saving face? Blaming his filing of a frivolous lawsuit on a "summer meltdown"? (The lawsuit was filed in June.)

Anyway, this is similar to what he and Ric did in their lawsuit against Tracey DeFeo. In that case, after the judge threw out the majority of Ric/Ryan's case, they failed to refile by the deadline given to them. About a year later the judge finally closed the case for "lack of prosecution." So it might still be a while before this case is officially closed. Though it would be tough for Ryan to refile now. I don't think his probable excuse of "the second installment of my film was being released at that time" would hold water, since he didn't even bother to file for an extension or notify the judge about how busy he was going to be or anything like that. He simply chose to ignore it. And I don't think that sort of blatant rudeness sits well in a judge's mind.
kathyM wrote:Why would anyone start a lawsuit and not finish it?
Maybe the calculation of damages would have to include sensitive information that he doesn't want disclosed (like poor sales figures). And/or maybe he doesn't want to spend more money on a losing lawsuit. I would imagine there are additional court fees required for him to refile his suit; and he knows he can't win this thing. He claims he has a bunch of friends who are lawyers, and yet he's acting as his own lawyer here. That tells me that these friends of his don't want to be involved in what is obviously a frivolous suit -- and one doomed to failure.

No, this suit wasn't about winning or finishing. It was about intimidation. He was trying to silence Peter and silence everyone on this forum by threatening us with litigation. It wasn't about winning, it was the threat of forcing us to hire expensive lawyers...

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:40 am

lol @ "winning."

"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:47 am

The bottom line is, he just likes to bully people into silence.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 am

Thanks Dan for explaining. I cant believe that lawsuit gets to just sit for all that time after Ryan missed his deadline. This puts a whole lot of stress on Peter as he waits around wondering what is happening or going to happen.

With Ryan having so many lawsuits filed, and lawsuits that are quite stupid, I wonder why he can keep on filing without the court telling him to quit using the court system as his personal revenge tool.

Putting my name in his lawsuit with a totally made up reason was not cool and I could have very well sued him for it. Ryan needs to think about what he is doing and saying from now on because one day he will pick on the wrong person and they will win their suit against him.

One thing is for sure, Ryan wants to make a name for himself, well I will never forget his name but I wont be thinking good things about it! :evil:

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:04 pm

for Ryan, his actions have caused effect. Unfortunately for him. :clap:

In this day and age where bullying is in the spotlight, he picked the wrong tactic.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:47 pm

:clap: :clap:
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz