Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Wooddevil » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi all! I'm new to this board, and watching a TV show the other day about the murders, I got to nosing around and found the site.

Interesting topics. Lots of information I didn't know about.

I keep coming across, however, mention of crime scene and autopsy photos of the DeFeos. I've seen a few over the years, the crime scene ones of each of them in bed. Nothing of the gruesome variety I've read about here. Consider it morbid curiosity, but I was wondering if someone might have a link that they can PM me with. I've done the standard web search but to no avail.

Thanks.
Wooddevil
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Howard64 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:19 am

I dont think you will find any of the photos here :(
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
User avatar
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:46 am
Location: Athens, Texas

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby TigresMeow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:11 pm

We will not supply any links to those pics.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"
User avatar
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Inside my own mind

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Rokiisun » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:58 pm

I have seen the crime scene photographs. The only reason I would want to look at them again is if I want to use a specific photograph in support of an argument. Another reason would be to look at the interior of the house, because there are some pretty georgeous furnishings, paintings and such in the house for that era. The Defeos must have been pretty well off to have afforded such luxury... and a TV in mostly every room 8-)
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Wooddevil » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 pm

TigresMeow wrote:We will not supply any links to those pics.

May I ask why?
Wooddevil
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Rokiisun » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Wooddevil wrote:
TigresMeow wrote:We will not supply any links to those pics.

May I ask why?


Out of respect for the Defeos and remaining living relatives of the Defeos.
Also because the photographs are pretty graphic... :naughty:
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Shawn » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Rokiisun wrote:
Wooddevil wrote:
TigresMeow wrote:We will not supply any links to those pics.

May I ask why?


Out of respect for the Defeos and remaining living relatives of the Defeos.
Also because the photographs are pretty graphic... :naughty:


Exactly.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.
User avatar
Shawn
Been there, Done that
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:28 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Frenchey1969 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 am

How many people have seen the Autopsy photos and noticed that there is something wrong with them ? I noticed that everyone was face down in their beds when they were killed and with the sheer number of people in the house 6 plus Ronnie Jr. did no one hide or run away ? why did they all just lay there ? I have a couple of theory's Maybe the house itself is haunted and De Foe was in fact possessed and the house helped . ( Not Likely but if you believe in the supernatural it is probable , I am one who truly believes in the supernatural ) 2. De Foe was not the only shooter . there would have to be at least 3 shooters with a 1:2 Ratio which is very likely but why would De Foe take all the blame himself ,this whole thing stinks and I say that maybe he did fight with his sister maybe her death was not accidental . But who knows .
Frenchey1969
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:17 am

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:56 pm

There were no other shooters. 7 of the 8 bullets were shown to have been fired from the same gun (with the 8th bullet likely to have been shot from the same gun as well, but it was too damaged to be certain).

Are you sure they all just laid there when shot? If a man with a gun ordered you to "get back into bed," wouldn't you do just that, not knowing he will necessarily kill you (but figuring if you refuse to do what he says, the odds might be greater that he will get mad at you and shoot you)?

I see no signs that this couldn't have been a routine mass murder. I think Ronnie could have (and did) commit this crime alone, without help from other humans or non-humans.

BTW, just a reminder that we don't allow the crime scene or autopsy photos to be posted here. Not that anyone has, but we sometimes throw out that reminder every now and then when it seems like it might happen...
User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
 
Posts: 11672
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:12 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Wooddevil » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:31 pm

DtD, I disagree with the submissive victim thing. I don't know about you, but if I'm woken up in the middle of the night by the deafening crack of a large caliber rifle going off, I'm not going to be caught in bed. No matter how fast Ronnie was able to navigate the house that night, I find it highly unlikely that everyone would remain snug in their beds. Perhaps after the first four shots in his parents' room (probably eight to ten seconds worth of aim, shoot, work the lever, shoot, work the lever, aim, shoot, rack another round and shoot again) he got down the hall fast enough to fire another shot at Allison; maybe being startled awake, there was just no time to gather her wits after be woken up so suddenly. But then he had to run off to his brothers' room. With two round left in the gun. Surely by now they were both awake, sitting up, asking each other what was going on and what they should do. So at this point Ronnie would be having to talk his brothers into lying back down. If they did, once the first of them was shot, the other knew what was in store for him. No way he was going to sit still and let his brother execute him. Yet both were shot in the back.

And what about Dawn on the third floor. The gun was out of ammunition at this time. Ronnie loading a few rounds into the tube as he made his way up the stairs. Plenty of time for here to be up, relatively clear headed and trying to figure out what to do, fight or flight, run and hide or ambush the attacker in the dark.

It's her that is the most confusing to me. She was the one who was most likely either involved in the murders (though I doubt this) or got into it with her psycho brother. Perhaps his telling of a struggle with his sister was true. Only she wrestled with him in an attempt to survive instead of finishing the job as Ronnie had described. I think he probably knocker her unconscious, put her down on the bed and shot her in the head.

And then again maybe Frenchie's theory is more accurate, in that something paranormal muted the sounds of the rifle shots inside the house, allowing Ronnie to do what he did.

Stranger things have happened.
Wooddevil
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Shawn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:40 pm

The one thing that is puzzling for me is the fact that Marc had an injury from a football accident where it would be totally unnatural that he was on his stomach. It was a hip injury and he was using a wheelchair. figure that one out... :think:

I do think Butch killed them all by himself. If you look at the layout of the house, he could of killed them all within 3 minutes. Think about it, and how long a full minute is.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.
User avatar
Shawn
Been there, Done that
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:28 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Wooddevil » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm

I think he could have theoretically killed them all in under a minute. That said, they should have been up and about, not all still in bed, no sign of struggle.

Something unusual occurred that night.

Exactly what will most likely remain a mystery.

Only Ronnie knows for sure.
Wooddevil
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 pm

The only mystery to me is Dawn, upstairs.

Wooddevil wrote:DtD, I disagree with the submissive victim thing. I don't know about you, but if I'm woken up in the middle of the night by the deafening crack of a large caliber rifle going off, I'm not going to be caught in bed.

I didn't say they stayed in bed -- I'm suggesting that some of them may have been ordered, at gunpoint, to return to bed (where they were then shot).

Wooddevil wrote:Perhaps after the first four shots in his parents' room (probably eight to ten seconds worth of aim, shoot, work the lever, shoot, work the lever, aim, shoot, rack another round and shoot again) he got down the hall fast enough to fire another shot at Allison; maybe being startled awake, there was just no time to gather her wits after be woken up so suddenly.

Allison's room was not down the hallway, but directly across from the parents' bedroom. And yeah, I can imagine her being startled awake and then shot moments later. The police reports show she was awake and looking down the barrel of the gun when it went off.

Wooddevil wrote:But then he had to run off to his brothers' room. With two round left in the gun. Surely by now they were both awake, sitting up, asking each other what was going on and what they should do. So at this point Ronnie would be having to talk his brothers into lying back down. If they did, once the first of them was shot, the other knew what was in store for him. No way he was going to sit still and let his brother execute him. Yet both were shot in the back.

As Shawn points out, the older of the two boys (Marc) had a hip injury which prevented him from getting out of bed. My assumption is that he ordered the youngest boy (John) to turn his brother over in bed and then ordered John back into bed. Perhaps he convinced them that they would not be shot (and then shot John followed by Marc).


Wooddevil wrote:And what about Dawn on the third floor. The gun was out of ammunition at this time. Ronnie loading a few rounds into the tube as he made his way up the stairs. Plenty of time for here to be up, relatively clear headed and trying to figure out what to do, fight or flight, run and hide or ambush the attacker in the dark.

It's her that is the most confusing to me. She was the one who was most likely either involved in the murders (though I doubt this) or got into it with her psycho brother. Perhaps his telling of a struggle with his sister was true. Only she wrestled with him in an attempt to survive instead of finishing the job as Ronnie had described. I think he probably knocker her unconscious, put her down on the bed and shot her in the head.

Dawn is a mystery to me as well. But just because we don't know exactly what went down, doesn't mean that her situation was beyond belief. Maybe she wasn't at home during the murders, arriving home later in the evening and was then killed while sleeping an hour or so later. Maybe she was the first one killed and Ronnie talked his way out of it by explaining "I was cleaning the gun and it went off" (with the family not knowing Dawn was shot).

Dawn's body doesn't really look like it was dumped into bed. It looks like she was in a natural sleeping position, with one leg down and the other at an angle. And it definitely doesn't look like she was in a struggle (landing on the bed and instantly shot right then and there) as some suggest.

Yeah, not really sure what to make of Dawn. But it seems unlikely to me that she was involved with Ronnie in the act of killing the family. What are the odds that one family would harbor a psycho killer, let alone two (and that the parents wouldn't notice, allowing one of them to keep weapons).

But interesting to note how in all of Ronnie's different versions of the story, Dawn is always the last one killed. At least I think she is always the last one killed (I'm going from memory without re-reading all of Ronnie's stories).
User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
 
Posts: 11672
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:12 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Shawn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:45 am

As you can see in this picture, it was extremely easy for Butch to of killed within mere minutes. The top half is the second story. Parents on your left, the boys room in the upper right with Allison's directly across from the parents. The stairway is right there as well, and after he killed the parents, then Allison and the boys, he ran upstairs, reloading as he went, and murdered Dawn.

*The unused room an the second floor(without a body) was the TV room, where Butch supposedly saw Castle Keep and was allegedly handed the gun from black hands. The unused room on the third floor was Butch's room. The room with the half moon windows.

Image
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.
User avatar
Shawn
Been there, Done that
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:28 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Shawn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:48 am

*btw, it is obvious butch shot from the doorways. He probably did not even enter the rooms, yet he may of Dawns, because of the location where she was shot. Ballistics claim she was shot at close range...close enough to have unburnt particles on her night gown~caused by close range shot.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.
User avatar
Shawn
Been there, Done that
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:28 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Frenchey1969 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:54 am

I want to add from all the @#$% I have read about the murders of The De Feo's I believe the one about the secret weapon used by the military was by far the best. I mean really why would the military risk using a secret prototype weapon to take out the De Feo's just because a community says "I don't like them they are trouble " "They are bringing problems to our nice little town of Amityville " Bla Bla Bla. I mean if that was the case the military would take out everyone that has a drug ,gang, mob etc. relation in every community .

I do however believe if Ron jr. was using L.S.D. than yes he could have heard anything but it still doesn't make up for the facts , No one tried to defend themselves in any way they never mentioned that their were signs of struggle What really happened Ron jr.


By the way this is just an opinion Maybe someone was standing their with another gun keeping them down and they agreed to help but refused to pull any triggers. They left that solely up to Him . but that's just a theory.
Frenchey1969
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:17 am

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Brendan72 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:18 am

Wooddevil wrote:I think he could have theoretically killed them all in under a minute ...


Very theoretically, I would say ....
- Brendan72

"Consideration for others is the basic of a good life, a good society."
- Confucius. Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)
User avatar
Brendan72
Forest Giant
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:56 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Wooddevil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Alright, so I figure out how to turn "safe search" off on Google images, and have managed to turn up a few of the more graphic pictures. One each of Allison and Dawn in what appear to be unzipped body bags at perhaps the morgue? Are these considered what everyone refers to as the "autopsy pictures?" If not, then they are evidently not available online any longer -- there are only so many things to can type into a search engine. There is nothing of the other family members.

Again, if someone were to at least point me in the right direction, a specific site or whatever, I'd appreciate it. Consider me no so much morbidly curious as having become obsessed with studying every thing I can in hopes of trying to piece together some pieces to this puzzle.

Now, that said, there was one picture of Allison in her bed ...

What was the reason of turning her over? She was found lying on her stomach, yet for some reason, police decided to turn her over onto her back, and take a picture of her. What was the reasoning behind this? Was this done with each member of the DeFeo family?
Wooddevil
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby astonio » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Yes. Each victim was turned over and photographed. A homicide investigation would call for it.
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."
User avatar
astonio
Resident
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 pm

What I cannot believe is that Ronnie would have been shown these autopsy photographs,
especially ones taken where the victims were rolled over onto their backs (which in my opinion
should be a lot more powerful because you can see their faces frozen in time) and yet, no response.

He still maintains that another person was at work, i.e - Dawn, a frenemy etc etc. NOT he himself.

This causes me to believe that Ronnie has some sort of a split personality disorder because each time
he always puts the blame on someone else, not himself.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Crime and Autopsy Pictures ...

Postby Lamelune » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 am

If you want to see the secret crime scene pics, buy Shattered Hoppes (part I).

But don't buy it if you are not a tête brûlée because it is very very hard to see those pics in HD.
Lamelune
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:56 pm
Location: France

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group