Shattered Hopes Part II

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Re: Shattered Hopes Part II

Post by scipio-USMC » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:22 pm

I can't find a closeup of the ammo boxes anymore. In the past I saw them clear enough to read they were Winchester Super X .35 caliber. I could swear it said 170 grain as opposed to the 200 grains now common but maybe I was imagining things and it was actually 200 grain. If anyone sees a pic of the boxes let me know.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Since you touch upon Ron ruining his alibi that is something Ryan refuses to ever investigate or consider even- Ron's planned alibi.

The planned alibi we are told about makes not one bit of sense.

The alibi he tried to sell to police was that the murders took place after he left for work. But he quickly admitted he was home at the time of the murders.

If he ACTUALLY lived with Geraldine he would have taken advantage and claimed he was in NJ at the time of the murders. The fact he didn't say that proves right there such is complete bunk even before looking at all the evidence that proves it BS. NEVER does Ryan address that such would have been used as an alibi if it were actually true he lived with her in NJ.

As for the planned alibi TNTDD lays out it makes no sense at all.

The planned alibi was for Augie to drive her and the kids at least 45 minutes away to Brooklyn and then to call the police to report the murders from there and pretend Ron was not home at the time.

1) Ron would have kept his presence a secret from the kids if true because they would have told police he was there both before and after the gunshots (the book reports he checked on them before and after the murders of the parents) and he would have had to explain why he didn't call the cops. in fact he would have to explain why he didn't call for an ambulance like he supposedly told the kids he had done because they would have stated that too. The longer they wait the more suspicious things look to the police.

2) Police would want to know why Augie was there to give them a lift anywhere. Pretty suspicious for him to be hanging with Dawn at all while everyone else slept let alone for this to be the same time murderers broke in. It would be more credible for Dawn to drive the kids to safety alone than to have Augie do it.

3) Why drive to grandparents far away in Brooklyn instead of to the grandparents who lived 10 minutes away? Why not go to the neighbors and ask them o call police? Driving anywhere is supsicious but especially so far away instead of the closest relatives.

The alibi the book claims was being prepared was total crap and worthless. That alone should raise red flags to the veracity.

The truth is that Ronnie didn't think about an alibi until after the fact. He wasn't even smart enough though to insist to police that they were killed sometime between when he left the house for work and when they would wake up or to lie and say he was at a bar and got home late and they must have been killed before he got home. (which of course would be suspicious anyway). He simply contended that they were killed while he was out but after being confronted with the fact they were killed in bed admitted it had to be before he left for work. That he conceded being there so easily instead of standing his ground on being out proves he didn't plan an alibi that he would stick to.

Ryan never deals with any of this. In fact I can't help but wonder if the lies in TNTDD about him going to Gerladine's House after work on November 12th were presented. He didn't go to work on the 12th he stayed home sick. So the claim he drove anywhere from work is impossible. Co-workers established beyond all question he did not go to work on the day before the murders and he aditted to police he didn't go he told them he stayed home sick with his mother tending to him. Ryan ignored this of course because it is so damning.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:35 am

It's been almost two months since Part II was released...so Ryan's Facebook page must be jumping, right?

:roll:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:17 am

scipio-USMC wrote:I can't find a closeup of the ammo boxes anymore. In the past I saw them clear enough to read they were Winchester Super X .35 caliber. I could swear it said 170 grain as opposed to the 200 grains now common but maybe I was imagining things and it was actually 200 grain. If anyone sees a pic of the boxes let me know.
I don't think there is a clear picture which shows text on the boxes.

Here's Katzenbach responding to some criticism, in his usual whiny manner...
Ryan Katzenbach, the film's producer here. Point by point, let me address this:

[1] "Most" of the film's facts are not based on Geraldine Gates. I am sick and tired of hearing this rebuttal. Anyone who states this, (a) blatantly ignores the friends of the DeFeos who were factually there and attest to many of the same memories and facts that Geraldine has asserted. So even if Geraldine is the purported "fraud" that she is supposed to be, the facts stand because they were witnessed by those who knew the family, spent time in their home, vacationed with them, went to school with them, et. al. Whether Gates was a wife, girlfriend before the murders or met DeFeo post-1985 is entirely irrelevant. She had a relationship with DeFeo that spanned a number of years, end of discussion. That makes her relevant to the story any way you slice it.

[2] Factually, what was said about all 8 bullets is entirely ignorant and that thesis is shattered by Part II of Shattered. One bullet FACTUALLY had different rifling, different diameters and weights than the other bullet. There was FACTUALLY a handgun involved in this case, and in fact, I firmly believe we recovered that gun from the canal as documented on our website, in Maxim Magazine, on the CBS News, and through other publications. This comment is in blatant disregard of very, very comprehensive documents that were presented in the second installment of the film that PROVE our points. So, to anyone reading this, please just consider that this comment has been posted on every website related to our film over and over and it is clear that the poster has an axe to grind, is ignorant of the truth, (or REFUSES to accept any viewpoint with any level of objectivity) and is only interesting in defamation of myself and my team as a filmmaker.

This moron keeps saying that all 8 bullets were from the rifle on the basis that there are 8-spent casings found in the storm sewer. There is absolutely NOTHING to prove that ALL 8 of these casings were directly from the bullets fired that night. While this poster puts all his stock in these 8 spent casings as his argument (which I might add, not all of them are factually exposed in a manner for us to see if they were ACTUALLY spent on not) he fails to even remotely address the HANDGUN HOLSTER in the picture, its strap actually obstructing a plain view of the shell casings. But the crowd who wastes their time constantly doing battle with me CONSTANTLY SIDESTEPs THE OBVIOUS in effort to make their point. There's a 700-pound Gorilla in the room, so to speak. That Gorilla represents all the things about this case that are wrong, that haven't been answered, that are glaringly suggestive that there is much, much more to this case. Certain people REFUSE to acknowledge this gorilla. Why? Because I saw and first discovered the Gorilla and they did not. They can't take credit....so hence, let's crap on Katzenbach and his work. Plain and simple, nothing to see here folks.

Again, to those who view Part II of the film, we've explained, via documents and photographs, our thesis for how and why the victims moved. And, we're going to seal the case in Part III with far more material that has never been seen before. So stick around.

The only "TRASH" here are the trash-talkers. What's the old expression --- "haters gonna hate." So hate away, but it's my game at the end. :)

Signed,
Ryan Katzenbach...

....because unlike the chickenshits who post as Anonymous, if I have something to say, I'll say it and sign my name to it.

And BTW, to Rick who wrote this review --- sorry for posting, but I'm sick of listening to the same tired BS over and over and over out of this group of haters who dog me from one website to another.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the film, and I appreciate the time it took to write the review. When Part III comes out, we'll send you a copy for analysis! Thanks again and Happy Holidays.... -Ryan K.
http://www.digitalmacabre.com/2012/12/s ... ry-of.html

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:16 am

Factually, ol' boy needs to just keep his mouth shut. This retort is riled with openings he is unprepared for. Haters going to hate? :fp: Sigh...what is that, like the 90s?

One question from me...where...WHERE is it a "fact" a handgun was used in this crime? Where?? WHERE??? Oh...no where! You can't include into the crime what isn't there, wasn't there, forensically NOT THERE! This course of action is indicative of making your beliefs inclusive with the acts committed on 11/13/74. Not happening.

Damn...just when I thought there was progress...even a minute step.

Please seek an editor. You and your project desperately need one. That or you completely undermine the value of one...
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 am

Wow, nice way to scare off anyone that would ever want to have a debate or even just a conversation with him about his doc. He comes off as such an angry bird when things dont go his way. :roll:

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:I can't find a closeup of the ammo boxes anymore. In the past I saw them clear enough to read they were Winchester Super X .35 caliber. I could swear it said 170 grain as opposed to the 200 grains now common but maybe I was imagining things and it was actually 200 grain. If anyone sees a pic of the boxes let me know.
I don't think there is a clear picture which shows text on the boxes.
I know I saw a photo of the boxes that clear stated it was Winchester Super X .35 ammo, it is out there. What I am not 100% certain on is what the the grain of the ammunition was because it was many months ago that I saw it. There is no grain of .38 heavier than 200 and as I already stated the 200 are rare. If it was 200gr rifle rounds than his suggestion there was a heavier 38 caliber bullet used is ludicrous there are no such bullets period. At best there would be a 38 bullet the same size. But that doesn't help him in the least with his ridiculous assertion a heavier bullet would have to be a handgun round.

sherbetbizarre wrote:Here's Katzenbach responding to some criticism, in his usual whiny manner...
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:
[1] "Most" of the film's facts are not based on Geraldine Gates. I am sick and tired of hearing this rebuttal. Anyone who states this, (a) blatantly ignores the friends of the DeFeos who were factually there and attest to many of the same memories and facts that Geraldine has asserted. So even if Geraldine is the purported "fraud" that she is supposed to be, the facts stand because they were witnessed by those who knew the family, spent time in their home, vacationed with them, went to school with them, et. al. Whether Gates was a wife, girlfriend before the murders or met DeFeo post-1985 is entirely irrelevant. She had a relationship with DeFeo that spanned a number of years, end of discussion. That makes her relevant to the story any way you slice it.
Big deal that they had a relationship from 1985-1991. All that means is they interacted more than a decade AFTER the murders entirely while he was in prison. At best she could recount whatever lies he told to her and in fact many lies they made up together. She is an admitted lier and so is he so what stock can be put in anything either of them says? We are supposed to buy lies he told to her that she didn't even bother to repeat the same manner but she changed even more to suit herself?

In a court of law such is hearsay and excluded. The rationale behind the hearsay rule is that such testmony is not reliable. So we are supposed to accept unrelaible accounts from Geraldine? What a load of crap. In the meantime what friends supported it? The few friends who signed fake affidavits recanted. None of them support her hogwash at all.

Most of the recreations and acocunts in this film are coming from her so it matters a great deal whether she was actually there witnessing what she claims.

Ryan Katzenbach wrote: Factually, what was said about all 8 bullets is entirely ignorant and that thesis is shattered by Part II of Shattered. One bullet FACTUALLY had different rifling, different diameters and weights than the other bullet. There was FACTUALLY a handgun involved in this case, and in fact, I firmly believe we recovered that gun from the canal as documented on our website, in Maxim Magazine, on the CBS News, and through other publications. This comment is in blatant disregard of very, very comprehensive documents that were presented in the second installment of the film that PROVE our points. So, to anyone reading this, please just consider that this comment has been posted on every website related to our film over and over and it is clear that the poster has an axe to grind, is ignorant of the truth, (or REFUSES to accept any viewpoint with any level of objectivity) and is only interesting in defamation of myself and my team as a filmmaker.
What evidence did he present to establish the bullet had different rifling and diameters? The weight is not determinitive what matters to determine the caliber is to measure the length and width and determine what the original length and width was. It sounds like all he can establish is that it had a different weight than some of the other slivers which merely establises more of the core was present or perhaps it was essentially core and most of the jacket is the only thing that was missing. His claim he presented anything comprehensive is a joke. My interest is in the truth while his is to flat out lie. He flat out lies about th egun he found being what he was seeking when he was INFORMED OUTRIGHT that it can't fire 39 special rounds. His claim is that item 33 was a 38 special bullet. The gun he found came in 3 calibers, 22, .32 S&W and 38 S&W. .38 SAW and 38 SPecial are 2 completely different rounds. He intentionally drops the suffixes to create the FALSE impression it could have fired a 38 special round. He's intentionally deceitful. If seeking the truth is an axe to grind then it is a good and acceptable thing. He is the one who should be ashamed but like all con-artists he puts out fake indignity.

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:This moron keeps saying that all 8 bullets were from the rifle on the basis that there are 8-spent casings found in the storm sewer. There is absolutely NOTHING to prove that ALL 8 of these casings were directly from the bullets fired that night. While this poster puts all his stock in these 8 spent casings as his argument (which I might add, not all of them are factually exposed in a manner for us to see if they were ACTUALLY spent on not) he fails to even remotely address the HANDGUN HOLSTER in the picture, its strap actually obstructing a plain view of the shell casings. But the crowd who wastes their time constantly doing battle with me CONSTANTLY SIDESTEPs THE OBVIOUS in effort to make their point. There's a 700-pound Gorilla in the room, so to speak. That Gorilla represents all the things about this case that are wrong, that haven't been answered, that are glaringly suggestive that there is much, much more to this case. Certain people REFUSE to acknowledge this gorilla. Why? Because I saw and first discovered the Gorilla and they did not. They can't take credit....so hence, let's crap on Katzenbach and his work. Plain and simple, nothing to see here folks.

Again, to those who view Part II of the film, we've explained, via documents and photographs, our thesis for how and why the victims moved. And, we're going to seal the case in Part III with far more material that has never been seen before. So stick around.

The only "TRASH" here are the trash-talkers. What's the old expression --- "haters gonna hate." So hate away, but it's my game at the end. :)

Signed,
Ryan Katzenbach...

....because unlike the chickenshits who post as Anonymous, if I have something to say, I'll say it and sign my name to it.

And BTW, to Rick who wrote this review --- sorry for posting, but I'm sick of listening to the same tired BS over and over and over out of this group of haters who dog me from one website to another.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the film, and I appreciate the time it took to write the review. When Part III comes out, we'll send you a copy for analysis! Thanks again and Happy Holidays.... -Ryan K.
http://www.digitalmacabre.com/2012/12/s ... ry-of.html[/quote]

The fact he signs his name to his BS doesn't mean anything except he has no integrity.

His claim he found a 700 pound Gorilla is a joke an a half.

In this section he insists that the holster HAD to be connected to the crime or he never would have thrown it away with the rest of the evidence.

BUT in the same breath he says the spent rifle casings don't have to be connected to the crime. This shows his selective BS. Certain items in the sewer would not be there unless linked to the crime but others got there just because...

I can name an item that didn't need to be disposed of- the rifle bag. According to DeFeo he hid the rifle in a pillowcase not the rifle bag. That means the riflebag was not used for transport purposes- its designed use. That sets up a possible use for the holster- in order to keep the rifle from punching through the pillowcase he stuck the holster around the barrel to make it softer and also to ake it harder to tell what was inside. Cloth alone around the rifle barrel would give away it was a rifle barrel, the holster would conceal the shape plus could put less stress on the pillowcase to tear it.

In the meantime since the rifle bag was not used for transport that means it was disposed of for no reason. The suggestion it had to be disposed of to conceal that DeFeo owned any rifles is BS. In his room police recovered a .22 caliber Marlin rifle along with several boxes of ammunition. All he would need to say is that the rifle bag was for such rifle. If he got rid of the rifle bag for nothing who says he can't have gotten rid of the holster for the same reason? For all we know the holster was inside the bag and simply tossed because it happened to be inside. So we have no way to say whether it was tossed for nothing or used on the barrel of the gun.

You can actually figure out what exact model of gun was in a holster by looking at the impression made inside of it. Police never resorted to such because none of the bullets were from a handgun so they had no need to do such a test. If a handgun were used they would see if the impression was the same kind of handgun use din the crime had been in the holster. If someone's holster harnessed the same gun used this is evidence the person had access to such a gun. The person would then have to account for the gun. It amounts to circumstantial evidence that in combination wih other evidence has lead to convictions.

At any rate the holster in question was not designed for a revolver, it was designed for a semi auto. It especially could not accommodate the revolver Katzenbach found. But he ignores such because it refutes his nonsense.

Let's look at the evidence:

1) He confessed to using only a rifle to fire all the shots

2) The victims suffered 8 gunshot wounds and they were the only shots fired

3) He collected all the spent casings and dumped them in the Brooklyn Sewer

4) 8 SPent shell casings definitely fired by his rifle were recovered from the Sewer

5) The lab actually tested the bullets while Katzenbach didn't nor did he have anyone else do it for him and that physical inspection found all 8 rounds were 35 caliber and fired by a Marlin 336C rifle.

Katzenbach is suggesting that only 7 of these shots were from the rifle and 1 was actually a 38 special round. He is suggesting that 7 of the casings were collected from the crime scene by DeFeo but DeFeo had an additional spent casing in his room that was added to the rest when he disposed of them. While it is possible, how likely would it be for DeFeo to keep one spent shell casing? Unless he reloads ammunition he would have no use for the spent brass. Certainly keeping 1 would not be of any value. You know who finds fired brass fascinating? Kids who don't have guns but with they did not people who have guns and live rounds. Kids and adults who have no live rounds or guns are the ones who would keep a shell casing.

There were 4 unfired rounds recovered (2 in the sewer and 2 in the rifle) and another 8 were fired (7 according to Katzenbach). The box of ammo they came from had 20 rounds originally so that means prior to the murders DeFeo expended 8 rounds or 9 rounds if you believe Katzenbach. Why would he retain only 1 of these casings and dispose of the rest? If he were lazy and had not got around to disposing of them yet he would have had more casings not just 1. The fact he would be unlikely to keep 1 shell casing in combo with the other evidence suggests all the casings were in connection with the crime. Katzenbach needs to come up with substantial evidence to refute the such but falls far short of that.

It is easy to claim you proved something but to actually do so is a different matter entirely. Katzenbach spends far more time claiming what he has done than actually demonstrating he has done anything.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:33 am

Isn't it amusing how Ryan insists the holster proves a gun was used ignroing that the holster could just have been tossed because it was in his room near other things he was tossing. Yet after insisting the holster proves such he ignores the holster is not for the gun he found.

Here is what a holster actually made for it looks like

Image[/quote]

The strap to secure such a gun can be either above or below the hammer. As you can see this holster made for it has a thin strap to go underneath the hammer. This kind of strap will hold it in very securely.

Here is another picture of the gun

SInce there is not much room above the hammer, a strap above the hammer would have to be thin because a thick one would not rest directly against the gun. Ideally the strap would need to rest in the curve and go down instead of across.

Look a the shoulder holster strap though, it is very thick and coming from above where the hammer would be not below. A thick strap like this would not be able to rest insude the curve of the hammer to hold the gun in place. The gun could slide around. The shape of the holster itself isn't right either.

So even though the holster was supposedly crucial to prove a handgun was used, Katzenbach couldn't care less that the gun he found wouldn't fit in such holster and still insists the gun he found was used.

In fact he ignores that the gun he cound can't chamber 38 special rounds and thus even if item 33 were a 38 special reound like he claims the gun he found can't have fired it.

Anytime substantive issues like this are brought up he resorts to his childish hater ad hominem.

He wants to know my name to try to attack me personally to divert from the substance. My name is totally irrelevant to whether this shoulder holster was not made for an Iver Johnson Safety Hammer revolver and totally irrelevant to whether an Iver Johson Safety hammer could fire 38 special rounds. It is a verifiable fact that it was not available in 38 special.

He bans all those who effectively challenge him by banning him proving who the real coward is.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Rykats response, in his normal mode of screaming and throwing a tizzy fit:

:roll:
Are you that :) love :) stupid, my anonymous friend? Do I not speak pristine English? Or are you just to obtuse and thick-skulled to listen? GERALDINE WAS INCLUDED BECAUSE WHETHER HER RELATIONSHIP WITH DEFEO WAS PRIOR TO THE MURDERS OR FOR A 20-YEAR PERIOD FOLLOWING THE MURDERS, SHE KNEW DEFEO AND SHE KNEW EITHER (a) FIRSTHAND FROM HER EXPERIENCES, OR (b) AT THE MINIMUM FROM THE STORIES HE TOLD HER THROUGH THEIR CORRESPONDENCE, AND THE PEOPLE SHE MET RELATED TO THE CASE. And yes, she did meet the Nonnewitzes and others. You got some big :) love :) surprises coming in the final installment of this film, pal. And even despite the fact that I have said this, in plain English repeatedly, you just keep up with your fact wanting :) silly dilly :) rhetoric. We all know where your hatred comes from.

Secondly, "vague recollections?" VAGUE? Give me an example.....in fact, give me all of your examples. I don't believe there is ANYTHING vague about anything that any of the DeFeo's friends recalled in the film. They were VERY, VERY specific. Was Roger Nonnewitz in any way vague when he said Dawn wanted out of the house, that the DeFeo marriage was crumbling apart....that the environment in the house had become intolerable? Was Gloria vague in any way when she described her vacation with the DeFeos in March 1974? Uhmmm....NO, not in any way.

I glorify the murder of children? Listen, asswipe, the only people who have glorified the murders of children is your childish forum through the perpetuation of the Lutz crap....George Lee Lutz....the biggest capitalist of them all. The ongoing speculation, rhetoric and childish banter of of a bunch of twelve year olds is embarrassing and does nothing but soil the memory of the DeFeos further.

Take your five thumbs and stick 'em right up Danny boy's ass. I'm sure he'll enjoy.

SIGNED, Ryan K.
what a douchebag! :fp:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Forsberg21
Amityville Member

Post by Forsberg21 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Excellent work scipio-USMC, all of your messages could and should be submitted as evidence in a trial against Ryan and Geraldine

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Wow, nice language! Ryan is such a professional, not! He will never get to the big leagues when he cant handle his temper. Maybe that is the reason nobody wants to work with him and his doc?

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Take your five thumbs and stick 'em right up Danny boy's ass. I'm sure he'll enjoy.
What a talentless and childish clown.

I'm a bit surprised that he's so angry...as I figured he'd be all smiles after landing on the cover of a magazine...

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:10 am

Whoaaaa. EXtreeeeeemmmmeee!!! Embarassing behavior, Ryan. Rise above it. You will ALWAYS have a select group who will criticize or challenge your findings. This is America. People are entitled to their opinions. That response was over the top and further debases you because you're arguing with an anonymous poster. C'mon man! Let your product stand as is. No need to resort to such a level. Damn...it's Christmas! 8-)

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am

Thats right! He should have just responded with something like ''Well, I am sorry that you feel that way about my doc. Maybe you should watch the third installment and see if you still feel the same way about it''. That way he is polite but also sells his third part to the public.

Hey, anonymous people have a right to their opinion too! lol! :)

AKA JH70
I got yer stinkin' quarter!

Post by AKA JH70 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:04 am

hey Max.....his head was left that big on purpose, right? LOL

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:06 am

Kathy, I agree. This is definitely not a good look whatsoever. The subject matter is a sensitive one…it involves murder! You will have opposing sides when you step into the arena of charting a documentary which purports to provide evidence to counter what the findings of the actual investigation. As the director and be all of your project, your best seat is a neutral position. Even the greats have had their flops when it comes to filmmaking. This should be of no surprise to Ryan, yet it is and that’s somewhat alarming. To me, it implies your own investigations were not as thorough as you’d hope. Max, Scipio and many other of our forum posters have provided information to counter various arguments put forth from Ryan’s first two installments. Hell, I can’t even make through Part 2 because sadly, it isn’t that great of a flik and does not provide anything “new”, never before seen. It’s a revisionist’s POV and yes, even Ryan is entitled to his POV. But if you’re putting your POV on film for the, ahem, public…why not anticipate blow back over much of your discoveries and be prepared to answer them. For instance, Ryan’s 2nd gun theory. Just did not go down that way. He should have armed himself stronger because Scipio tore him to shreds on that aspect alone. Yet, Ryan is stating for FACT a second gun was used. Evidence does not support this at all. Even the reenactment of how Dawn and Butch fought over the gun couldn’t have occurred the way he films that scene. Evidence would have been all over Dawn’s room if that were the case. No such evidence was found. In fact, Dr. Adelman himself stated this could not be on a previous documentary. But because Ryan says so, this is truth? Over a medical examiner with YEARS of education and experience under his belt? Not to mention the police investigation. Watch DelPenna’s responses vs. Ryan’s over the same subject matter. One is matter of fact, the other explosive, personally invested. Who would you believe??

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 am

This was an early Christmas present to me......Now I share it with you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vsZN4hx ... e=youtu.be

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Wow, that was from part 1 and it is still just as bad as I remember it to be. Funny stuff! :)

Pingy
Amityville Member

Post by Pingy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:44 pm

I can actually see NBC picking up that pilot. :lol:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Poor man cannot defend his own work:
Anonymous
Ryan said that "even if Geraldine is the purported fraud that she is supposed to be, the facts stand because they were witnessed by those who knew the family." So who witnessed Geraldine being married to Ronnie? Who witnessed them living together in New Jersey? How come there are no family or friends who knew about Geraldine until a decade after the murders?

Geraldine is the sole source for a lot of this stuff, so don't pretend she is not relevant. And don't pretend that everything she says is backed up by others.

Ryan Katzenbach
I'm outta here. As Glenn Beck says, there's no arguing with idiots. But I will say this in closing: in this season of joy, hope and peace, I hope each of you from the FAQ find help with your psychiatric needs in the new year. Because anyone who spends this much time slinging garbage at a filmmaker like myself and submersing themselves in an obsession over Amityville clearly needs help. Amityville is over. The truth is presented in our film for anyone who can open their eyes and see it. The third installment wraps up the comprehensive study of the first two. Aside from completing Part III, Amityville is over for me. I'm onto a new project, and I think each of you would be well advised to move on with your lives. But, I doubt that will happen. Fifteen years from now you're still going to be debating this stuff. In a way, I find it very flattering that little me has ruffled your feathers so bad that you just keep on keepin' on with your hate. As they say, "haters gonna hate." So keep on fulfilling your role, and remember, karma is an ugly thing and when you get back what you've so generously given me, I hope it was worth it...because trust me, it WILL come back to you. Happy holidays, y'all. -Ryan K.
:evil:

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Hmm, those idiots as Ryan calls them bought and paid for his documentary so that would make them his clientele right?

So Ryan is calling his body of cusomers (clientele) a bunch of idiots then. Without these idiot clientele Ryan wouldnt have very many sales would he? Isnt that the idea, to make a profit? Insulting your customers because they question your truth is not the way to go in the business world.

Maybe Ryan needs to just stay deep behind the scenes and hire a person to do ALL THE TALKING AND PROMOTING. Ryan should stay far away from that part of the business because he is not very good at it from the way his responses sound.
:(