Movie House Floor Plans?

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
antny000
Amityville Addict

Movie House Floor Plans?

Post by antny000 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:17 am

I have copies of the plans they used to transform the original movie house to look like the real house.

Does anyone know if there are floor plans of what the interior is supposed to look like room wise?

I know in the first movie, the Attic was one big room with a bathroom.

In Amityville II and 3D, it's 2 rooms and the bathroom.

The first floor I think I have figured out, but I'm not sure about the second floor because there's a lot of doors and I'm not sure which rooms are what lol

Anyone have floor plans they could put up?
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

csullivan
Amityville Addict

Re: Movie House Floor Plans?

Post by csullivan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:07 am

what floor plans are you looking for....if you look around on this site you will find them ....use the search

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:10 pm

The original movie house... the first floor is easy to figure out, the attic is easy too. The attic changes between Horror and Possession, in Horror it's one big room with a small bathroom... in Possession and 3D, it's 2 bedrooms & bathroom.

The second floor is something I can't figure out. I also notice that on the back of the movie house, there is a door on the second floor that leads to a small porch area above the kitchen area. But that's a room I don't think they ever show.

I tried looking but only came across plans for the real house.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:22 pm

I don't think I've seen plans for the movie house here.

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:16 am

i'm working on one at the moment. I will post it when it's done - another week or so.
"You told me the house was saved now."

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks Reg_Read! I've seen plans for the real house all over but none for the movie house... I assume they're supposed to be similar but I wasn't sure.

Looking forward to seeing them!

Fr Dennis Kibbler

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:37 am

This is what I was able to come up with. I did it from memory, using Amityville 3-D as my main source.
Note: I did not include the chimneys on either end of the house.

First Floor

Second Floor
The closet locations and room sizes may be off somewhat. It was difficult because some things were a little different in each movie. I used Amityville 3-D as my source because there is a scene in which a tour is given on the second floor.

Basement and attic plans are in the works.

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:36 am

Cool!! Thanks!! :D

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Awesome awesome awesome. Thanks for those!

Just one thing I noticed: there's a bathroom that connects two of the bedrooms on the right side of the house. I wasn't sure but I had just recently downloaded the first 3 Amityville movies so I could edit together video of my model with clips of the house from the movies and during the scene where the realtor is showing the house, they walk into the first bedroom at the top of the stairs and then there's a bathroom that connects into the next bedroom. I think it's the same bathroom that the father in Amityville II is using when he's cleaning the scratch wound on his face.

Fr Dennis Kibbler

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Ok, maybe there is a second bathroom on the second floor. I know in 3-D, the bathroom is where I put it because it is shown in the scene where the hot water in the sink turned on.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Actually, in the movie house, there are two doors on each side of the hallway. Coming up from the first floor in the first movie, you turn right and go into the sewing room, described by the realtor as "an extra room". From there, they went through a bathroom connecting with the second bedroom. In that room, there was a large walk-in closet between the bathroom and the chimney, which I don't think would have left room for a closet for the sewing room. Going directly across the hall (at the bottom of the stairs to the third floor), there was the door for the master bedroom. The other door on that side of the second floor was to a bathroom, and it was across from the sewing room's door. So, in the movie house, there were three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the second floor.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

112 Ocean Ave
Somethings in life can't be explained

Post by 112 Ocean Ave » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:21 pm

KevinW wrote:Actually, in the movie house, there are two doors on each side of the hallway. Coming up from the first floor in the first movie, you turn right and go into the sewing room, described by the realtor as "an extra room". From there, they went through a bathroom connecting with the second bedroom. In that room, there was a large walk-in closet between the bathroom and the chimney, which I don't think would have left room for a closet for the sewing room. Going directly across the hall (at the bottom of the stairs to the third floor), there was the door for the master bedroom. The other door on that side of the second floor was to a bathroom, and it was across from the sewing room's door. So, in the movie house, there were three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the second floor.

Kevin
Thats because in the AH 1 the floor plans differed a little. I thing I read somewhere that the original set [not the NJ house but the interior] was destroyed because they weren't planing on a sequel. These are based on 2 and 3.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:35 pm

112 Ocean Ave wrote:Thats because in the AH 1 the floor plans differed a little. I thing I read somewhere that the original set [not the NJ house but the interior] was destroyed because they weren't planing on a sequel. These are based on 2 and 3.
There are still only two doors on either side of the hallway in the first three movies.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

112 Ocean Ave

Post by 112 Ocean Ave » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:07 pm

KevinW wrote:
112 Ocean Ave wrote:Thats because in the AH 1 the floor plans differed a little. I thing I read somewhere that the original set [not the NJ house but the interior] was destroyed because they weren't planing on a sequel. These are based on 2 and 3.
There are still only two doors on either side of the hallway in the first three movies.

Kevin
really I never noticed that. hmm Ill watch for that. I just didnt know if you knew about the set thing :think:

112 Ocean Ave

Post by 112 Ocean Ave » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Im gonna try to make the Amityville 4 house floor plans[112 ocean ave not the California house]. 8-)

112 Ocean Ave

Post by 112 Ocean Ave » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:33 pm

112 Ocean Ave wrote:Im gonna try to make the Amityville 4 house floor plans[112 ocean ave not the California house]. 8-)
Never mind I watched the beginning over and over and i cant figure it out! :(

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:04 pm

I think sometimes a movie won't bother to map out a realistic floor plan ahead of time, but rather just put walls, doorways, staircases in places which look good or are needed for the scene.

112 Ocean Ave

Post by 112 Ocean Ave » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I think sometimes a movie won't bother to map out a realistic floor plan ahead of time, but rather just put walls, doorways, staircases in places which look good or are needed for the scene.
yea on the second floor you can see doors that go to rooms in a square like pattern and then it shows to priests going down a hallway that wasn't in any other seen! i hate it when movies do that!

AmityPRO
Amityville Member

Post by AmityPRO » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:41 pm

OMG I have just discovered this web-site and I AM IN HEAVEN!!!! I love the sketch of the floorplans for the movie house. Ive always been a bigger fan of the house in TR than the one in NY!

I watched AH1 for the first time when I was 6 years old! (Folks thought it was suitable enough) And Ive been hooked ever since!!

It is my understanding of the following:

AH1 Exterior shots AND interior shots were done in Toms River, NJ
AH2 and 3 - Exterior shots were done at the location in TR, but interiors were done on a sound-stage in Mexico???

I love looking at this house! And the differences between each movie are amazing!

=]]

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR WEB-SITE!!!! Thanks for having me on here!!!! =]]

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:30 am

I think the layout done in this post is better than the real house... seems more spacious.
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

AmityPRO
Amityville Member

Post by AmityPRO » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:35 am

I swear if the movie house was ever open to the public I'd want to fly up and go through it! Love that house!!! :)
"This is none of your business mister - you hear that? I raise my children the way I see fit! Now you do whatchu gotta do and go" -Anthony Montelli to Fr. Adamsky AH2