Dawn DeFeo?

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Re: Dawn DeFeo?

Post by VampireKen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 pm

or third row, girl all the way on the right.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 am

Third row, headband, two kids away from gal with braids. Dawn had a larger lower face--the face shape "fits."

TrainDispatcher
Crazy 'bout a Mercury

Post by TrainDispatcher » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Looking through these posts, we have determined Dawn could be 1 of 3 possible girls in the class picture...

Let's start off by isolating them from the rest of the group, and numbering them "1", "2", and "3":

ImageImageImage

Next I cropped out the girls and put them next to 2 actual pictures of Dawn:

3 distinct characteristics of all 3 girls, is they all have similar chins, just like Dawn...

However Girls 1 & 2 appear to have dark colored eyes, like Dawn, whereas girl 3, appears to have lighter colored eyes (blue or green). Based on that, girl #3 can be eliminated.

Next, looking at the eyebrows, girls 1 & 2 both have dark eyebrows, where girl 3, has thin light eyebrows, and again she is eliminated. Looking at the shape of the eyebrows, girl 1's look the closest to Dawn's.

Now, moving down towards the nose, girl 1 appears to have a taller narrow nose, girl 2 appears to have a shorter nose. Now, I am not sure if this is because girl 1 is standing (looking down to the camera), and girl 2 is sitting (and looking up to the camera), but it appears that girl 2's nose is almost turned up, leading me to believe based on noses, girl 1 is Dawn.

The mouth was a little trickier, since all the girls in the class picture are smiling with their mouths open (teeth showing) and Dawn is smiling with her mouth closed in both pictures. But it does look like girl 1 has the same smile lines, and dimples that you can really see in the oil portrait of Dawn.

Then there's the overall shape of the face, and using the older and known pictures of Dawn, it can be determined she has a round face and head. Girls 1 & 3 both have rounder faces, where girl 2 looks to have a more oval shape.

Based on that I am led to believe girl 1 is Dawn, and I came to my conclusion just by looking at the pictures and studying them-- I don't have any fancy facial recognition software, but I'm pretty certain in my choice.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:52 am

I definitely think #1. Just look at the eyes. They look the same in both pics.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:22 pm

There's another picture of Dawn just gone up on the Shat Hopes FB page - but don't go posting it back here, Ryan somehow got copyright on it :lol:

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Thanks for the blowups/comparisons. Nice work. Based on this, I have changed my opinion. Number 1 is Dawn, I am fairly certain. The eyes--and the eyebrows (closer to the nose). Yup. Number 1.

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:13 pm

TrainDispatcher wrote:Looking through these posts, we have determined Dawn could be 1 of 3 possible girls in the class picture...

3 distinct characteristics of all 3 girls, is they all have similar chins, just like Dawn...

However Girls 1 & 2 appear to have dark colored eyes, like Dawn, whereas girl 3, appears to have lighter colored eyes (blue or green). Based on that, girl #3 can be eliminated.

Next, looking at the eyebrows, girls 1 & 2 both have dark eyebrows, where girl 3, has thin light eyebrows, and again she is eliminated. Looking at the shape of the eyebrows, girl 1's look the closest to Dawn's.

Now, moving down towards the nose, girl 1 appears to have a taller narrow nose, girl 2 appears to have a shorter nose. Now, I am not sure if this is because girl 1 is standing (looking down to the camera), and girl 2 is sitting (and looking up to the camera), but it appears that girl 2's nose is almost turned up, leading me to believe based on noses, girl 1 is Dawn.

The mouth was a little trickier, since all the girls in the class picture are smiling with their mouths open (teeth showing) and Dawn is smiling with her mouth closed in both pictures. But it does look like girl 1 has the same smile lines, and dimples that you can really see in the oil portrait of Dawn.

Then there's the overall shape of the face, and using the older and known pictures of Dawn, it can be determined she has a round face and head. Girls 1 & 3 both have rounder faces, where girl 2 looks to have a more oval shape.

Based on that I am led to believe girl 1 is Dawn, and I came to my conclusion just by looking at the pictures and studying them-- I don't have any fancy facial recognition software, but I'm pretty certain in my choice.
Good work TrainDispatcher, thanks for taking the time to put that together.

The reason I picked girl 3 was the high cheek bones. I also think that eyebrows can thicken and grow darker with age. However, you got me with the eyes. I never thought about that. I wish someone would come forward and give us the definite answer. I think someone on this board knows who Dawn is or if she is even in this picture.

Again good work!!!
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

Miz Kizzle
Amityville Addict

Post by Miz Kizzle » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:20 am

I dunno which one is Dawn but Ghost Boy is DEFINITELY the second one from the left, second row from the top.
Also, if you stare at the picture and then close you eyes and recite the words "Nom Nom Nom Beezely Weasely Flom" you will see orbs, demons, ghosts and possibly Cthulhu.

Henry112
Amityville Member

Post by Henry112 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:54 pm

I personally think she's either camera shy or in a different class. Dawn's not in this particular picture.

Henry112
Amityville Member

Post by Henry112 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:58 pm

TrainDispatcher wrote:Looking through these posts, we have determined Dawn could be 1 of 3 possible girls in the class picture...

Let's start off by isolating them from the rest of the group, and numbering them "1", "2", and "3":

ImageImageImage

Next I cropped out the girls and put them next to 2 actual pictures of Dawn:

I posted my belief that Dawn was not in the picture before i saw your post. You did a good job convincing me that girl #1 could very well be her

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:30 am

Yes, it must be girl # 1. The eyes look the same.

ChristinaRenay
Amityville Member

Post by ChristinaRenay » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Actually girl #1 does look a lot like dawn. Its not just the eyes but they have the same nose, chin, & they both have a dimple on the right cheek.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:36 am

ChristinaRenay wrote:Actually girl #1 does look a lot like dawn. Its not just the eyes but they have the same nose, chin, & they both have a dimple on the right cheek.
I agree. :rotate: :lol:

gorgeous501
Amityville Member

Post by gorgeous501 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:51 am

girl 1 definitely.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:59 am

I don't think it is any of those girls.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:47 am

Look it's Moe Howard Jr. 1st row center...

Need I say more?

"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

Wooddevil
Amityville Member

Post by Wooddevil » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:13 pm

t00nCiNaToR wrote:Look it's Moe Howard Jr. 1st row center...

Need I say more?

Without a doubt. Moe, of Three Stooges fame, is in the front row.

ToxiMoron
Amityville Addict

Post by ToxiMoron » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:43 pm

I don't believe it's any of the girls there--I'm looking at the girl 6th from the right, top row. Looks very much like her.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/MRTODDSTER/HotChixSig.jpg[/img]

dartboard_city
Amityville Member

Post by dartboard_city » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:17 am

kathyM wrote:I think second row from the top. The girl on the end on the left side next to the teacher.
yup