Drawing of 112

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Drawing of 112

Post by msmart112 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:15 pm

This drawing was on the wall in the TV room when the DeFeos lived there...

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:19 pm

Very nice....I wonder who did it.

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Very nice...I'm curious to know. Is that an entirely new boathouse that Wilson built? I know they say he fixed the foundation from sinking. When I look at current pictures that boathouse now looks totally different.

BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Post by BellWitch74 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Ooh, I like it!
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Re: Drawing of 112

Post by evanguy2004 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:35 am

msmart112 wrote:This drawing was on the wall in the TV room when the DeFeos lived there...

Look at how the boathouse looks today? Totally rebuilt? I think so!

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:12 pm

msmart112 wrote:This drawing was on the wall in the TV room when the DeFeos lived there...

Yes, it would be interesting to know who the drawer was and from which year it is. I think it must be from the 60s.
Was the front side of the house also white in the 60s? (During the 70s it was black)
Nice shrub/tree in front of the house. :lol:

Unfortunately I can't read the painter's signature (it is a signature, isn't it?) in the lower right corner. :(

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Re:

Post by KevinW » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Chichibcc wrote:Very nice....I wonder who did it.
Looks like the artist's signature over the driveway at the bottom right.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Re: Re:

Post by VintageBoy91 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:47 pm

KevinW wrote:
Chichibcc wrote:Very nice....I wonder who did it.
Looks like the artist's signature over the driveway at the bottom right.

Kevin
But we can't read the signature, unfortunately.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:30 am

I always found that drawing impressive. Infact, most of the artworks the Defeos had on display throughout the house were pretty impressive, including the family portraits. My favourite has to be the massive wall painting in the kitchen.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:06 pm

VintageBoy91 wrote:Nice shrub/tree in front of the house. :lol:
"Sometimes the shrub was as big as the house." ;)

Anarane
Amityville Member

Post by Anarane » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:53 am

This drawing saddens me. When commissioned - by a friend or a pro or whomever - it must have symbolised so much to the family. It just shows exactly how important the home was to the DeFeos - for how many of us have drawings/paintings of our houses mounted someplace?!

elijah95912
Amityville Addict

Post by elijah95912 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:29 am

Well, I was reviewing this post, and thought of ways to get this picture to reveal the identity of the artist. So, I used Windows Live Photo Gallery and messed with the brightness, contrast, etc. But after I did that, I got the signature (well sorta...) I could tell that it said something like Burtog, or Bartog. I know the name sounds funny, but thats what it looks like. I'm not quite sure about that last name, but the first name is something like that. I couldn't really see it on the computer, but when I took a picture of it with my iPhone, you could really tell what it said.

Here is the signature up close: http://s1276.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=0

And here is the signature where i darkened the lining of the text: http://s1276.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=1

Sorry, I couldn't upload them as photos.
"Maybe I'm just chasing shadows"

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 am

Anarane wrote:This drawing saddens me. When commissioned - by a friend or a pro or whomever - it must have symbolised so much to the family. It just shows exactly how important the home was to the DeFeos - for how many of us have drawings/paintings of our houses mounted someplace?!
Yeah, it is kind of sad. However, I *do* have a photo of my house hanging in the hall. We are only the second owners (the previoius owners grew up and moved out and the old lady died in what is now one of my daughter's bedrooms--natural causes). I have no fear of ghosts...and if Mrs. Kudla roams our hallways, she's free to do it (and I told her so), so long as she doesn't spook us.

Anyway, I saw one of the previous owners at a special Mass at my church (they live further north but were in town that day) and I asked them if they'd like to see their house and see the changes we made to it. They gladly accepted. It was lovely. They walked around, told us stories of their childhood and whose room was who's. They liked the changes we made (cosmetic) and truly appreciated the "tour." A few weeks later, we received two photos in the mail. One of when the house was being built and still had no awnings...and another from the 1960's. There were more trees (gone when we bought house) and a few minor things, but I love having these comparison photos.

Cole00
Amityville Member

Post by Cole00 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 am

That is a very nice drawing of the house. Do u know who the artist is