The Night of the Murders.

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Re: The Night of the Murders.

Post by quotestheraven » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Actually, I take it back - I'm 95% sure the autopsy reports would be sealed. My former boss just reminded me that I researched another case - at her request - where a baby died. The defendant (the mother) took a plea agreement, so there wasn't much usefu information in the transcripts. The information that we really wanted to know (why the baby died) would have been in the autopsy report, and it was sealed. I asked my boss if she wanted me to petition to have it opened, or straight up ask someone in the commonwealth attorney's office. She said no.

Although in the other case where it was a 1 day trial the victim was alive, and the photos of the injuries to the victim weren't sealed.

The presentence investigation and any victim impact statements are always sealed which is a shame. I'd love to read Ronnie's PSI. A well written and researched PSI is a thing of beauty.
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/ravensez/Page-1.jpg[/img]

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:43 am

quotestheraven wrote:On the website Amityville Files, they have Ronnie's handwritten statement when he was still trying to say it was a mob hit. He describes "finding" the bodies of his parents. It states that the father wasn't under the covers when Ronnie "found" them.

There's also what appears to be part of the trial transcript that states that the father might have been standing when he was shot the first time. To me, that would explain the odd way his father appears to be laying in the bed.

I am not sure about the autopsy reports, but I am absolutely sure that the trial transcript is a matter of public record. The problem is that trial transcripts can be kind of long. I did research on a case in Virginia that involved a one day trial, and the transcript was still over 100 pages. So, if Ronnie's trial lasted several days - imagine how long the transcript is? You'd have to pay for copies, and you'd have to pay whatever the court wanted to charge because it's not like they're gonna let you take the originals down to Staples. So, if they want to charge 25 cents per page - they can do that. In the case I researched, it was just easier for me to sit at the court house, read, and make notes. However, I don't live anywhere near Amityville, so I don't really consider that an option.

There is part of me that would really like to read the entire court transcript - not just excerpts - but why would I spend hundreds of dollars for copies, or go all the way to Amityville just to satisfy morbid curiosity?
A good source for some of the transcripts of the trial is Murder in Amityville by the late Hans Holtzer.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:59 am

OK where is it written anywhere that Dawn came home at 3:00am anyway??? Why would she be out till 3:00am on a Tuesday night? That makes no sense... Oh yes and the dog was barking at the gunplay in the house, not anyone poking him.
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:44 am

t00nCiNaToR wrote:OK where is it written anywhere that Dawn came home at 3:00am anyway??? Why would she be out till 3:00am on a Tuesday night? That makes no sense... Oh yes and the dog was barking at the gunplay in the house, not anyone poking him.

Dawn was consulting with the Illuminati on how to get rid of her family.

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Has anyone read Mentally Ill in Amityville?
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/ravensez/Page-1.jpg[/img]

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Yes, we have a thread on that.