Father Ray and Lutz boys photos.

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Father Ray and Lutz boys photos.

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Does anyone know where and when this took place? Definitely isn't by the Ocean Avenue house.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Re: Father Ray and Lutz boys photos.

Post by BooshaGirl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Don't know, but I'm diggin' the whitewalls on that car!

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:Does anyone know where and when this took place? Definitely isn't by the Ocean Avenue house.
I'm pretty sure that the pic was taken on 16th Street in Babylon...not sure of when.

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:22 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:Does anyone know where and when this took place? Definitely isn't by the Ocean Avenue house.
I'm pretty sure that the pic was taken on 16th Street in Babylon...not sure of when.

I know the book was mostly fiction but in "The Amityville Horror II" "Father Mancuso" met with George and Kathy several times but im not sure as to weather or not Father Ray visited them at the house after. Also, in the picture above, Father Ray and the boys look happy. Yet the book (and the interview with in Search Of) Father Ray doesn't look like the person to be happy in this pic. So it's possibly from before they moved to Amityville. Maybe even from when Father Ray may have been stopping by to congratulate George and Kathy on their marriage? Or maybe even just a drop in to say hello.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:27 pm

It's post-Amityville, outside Kathy's mothers house.

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Looks like the boys like Father Ray.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:59 am

Sweet Zuni wrote:Looks like the boys like Father Ray.
There, there, now....let's not go THERE! LOL (BooshaGirl = proud, practicing Catholic)!!!

Although, given the chance....MY priest *is* pretty cute....hmmmm.

So, I'm assuming the car was Father Ray's, too?

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:15 am

BooshaGirl wrote:Although, given the chance....MY priest *is* pretty cute....hmmmm.

The book said the priest drove either a Chevorlet Vega or Ford Pinto (depending on which version). That car looks like a Dodge Aspen which was a new model design at that time (in other words, it's a new car).

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:53 am

I love that you know your vintage cars, Victoria! Yeay! (no sarcasm...I was raised in Detroit and you knowing what kind of car that is makes me happy. Thanks for the smile!)

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:06 am

BooshaGirl wrote:I love that you know your vintage cars, Victoria! Yeay! (no sarcasm...I was raised in Detroit and you knowing what kind of car that is makes me happy. Thanks for the smile!)
My parent's had a car like that Aspen around that time. Pure lemon.

Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Post by Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:52 am

Holy Cow can Father's Ray's pants get any tighter? I had always thought this pic was taken in front of 108 until I visited 108 and realized there are no homes that look like this ranch house in the background.
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:02 pm

first of all, thank you Victoria for posting this link in the other thread! I never saw this. It appears that Father Ray was quite close to the Lutz's. The question is, would he lie for them? It would be interesting to get more info on this man...like why did he leave the church after the hauntings? Did he really go blind and have sores on his hands and body? How fabricated was his part in the book? Was he losing his faith like the priest in The Exorcist? This can be important because he claims the Lutz's were telling the truth and had things happen to him as well. We all know that some priests these days are not above child molestation....I'm pretty sure lying as well. kwim?

If anyone has any answers, please post!

BTW, I need to ask Chris if Danny's hand was really smashed in the window.I have been dying to ask him that...
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:Image

Does anyone know where and when this took place? Definitely isn't by the Ocean Avenue house.
Is that a mustang in the background???
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

gremlin
Amityville Member

Post by gremlin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:18 pm

the one next to the garage??? yes it is :dance:

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:43 pm

I never saw that pic before. Thanks for sharing. :D

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Shawn wrote:Did he really go blind
No!
and have sores on his hands and body?
On his hands, yes.
How fabricated was his part in the book? Was he losing his faith like the priest in The Exorcist?
I doubt it!

He took a lawsuit out against Anson, which was probably dropped when changes were made to the book.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Shawn wrote:It would be interesting to get more info on this man...like why did he leave the church after the hauntings?
I know he transferred to a parish (or whatever) in or near San Francisco. But did he end up leaving the church altogether at a later date, or just transfer again, keeping the location a secret? Not sure...
Shawn wrote:BTW, I need to ask Chris if Danny's hand was really smashed in the window.I have been dying to ask him that...
Danny addresses this in Eric Walters' film.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:28 am

Shawn wrote:first of all, thank you Victoria for posting this link in the other thread! I never saw this. It appears that Father Ray was quite close to the Lutz's. The question is, would he lie for them? It would be interesting to get more info on this man...like why did he leave the church after the hauntings? Did he really go blind and have sores on his hands and body? How fabricated was his part in the book? Was he losing his faith like the priest in The Exorcist? This can be important because he claims the Lutz's were telling the truth and had things happen to him as well. We all know that some priests these days are not above child molestation....I'm pretty sure lying as well. kwim?

If anyone has any answers, please post!

BTW, I need to ask Chris if Danny's hand was really smashed in the window.I have been dying to ask him that...

The Catholic Church is very secret in it's handling of it's personnel moves as we all very well know. The only thing we do know is the Father Ray allegedly past away in 1987. Judging from his appearance in this picture, he passed away relatively young.

Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Post by Grim_Reaper » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
BooshaGirl wrote:Although, given the chance....MY priest *is* pretty cute....hmmmm.

The book said the priest drove either a Chevorlet Vega or Ford Pinto (depending on which version). That car looks like a Dodge Aspen which was a new model design at that time (in other words, it's a new car).
Tan Ford if i recall correctly

jecht
Amityville Member

Post by jecht » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:01 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:

It could be a Volare! :)
Kosar to Slaughter! Touchdown Browns!

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Is that "The Fonz" on the boy's shirt?