Amityville--My Sister's Keeper: A Story of Death, Deception

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Re: Amityville--My Sister's Keeper: A Story of Death, Decept

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:48 pm

DC Fan wrote:
Amityville Rock wrote:
DC Fan wrote:George killed her in 1981 with a curse and the Lord brought her back.

Terrific. :wall:
I hope you're joking, if not oh boy. :breakdance:
Go to the amazon link at the beginning of the thread and click on the "look inside" for a preview. It's there along with an accusation that George drugged Kathy and the kids.
Oh lordy :shock: , on the bright side reading this book could be the most Amityville-related fun I've had since Jackie's little project with Ronnie came out. That was a hoot and a half. :lol:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:21 am

Ayko wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:I'm still not entirely convinced you've read it yet!
Either am I.
jimmysmokes wrote:... you will see pictures of Kathy with her sister & family you have never seen!
Looking at the pictures does not constitute having read it.
For some people looking at pictures constitutes reading. Or moving your lips while looking at the words.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:32 pm

I asked Eric Walter, director of My Amityville Horror, if he knew anything about this book, and it turned out he'd actually interviewed Micky for a proposed online web-series. The following is reposted with his permission:
Eric Walter wrote:I shot an interview with her when her book was a stack of handwritten notebooks... I'm surprised she actually got it finished.

I was contacted by Mickey in May 2014. My Amityville Horror was released the previous year. I spoke at length with her and she told me all about how she was writing a book about what she witnessed, but refused to give me any details until we could meet in person.

She agreed to an on-camera interview. As I believe I told you before, once I'm wrapped on Dark Side Of The Mountain, I'm planning to launch an online series tentatively entitled First Person Mystery - short segments that deal with a witnesses testimony of infamous cases of the unexplained and unsolved. I thought Mickey would be a great interview to have in the can once I'm ready to move on this project.

I drove up to Vegas along with my producer and cinematographer. Her home was in a sketchy part of town. We pulled up and her boyfriend is sitting at the end of the driveway waiting for us. He walks up to the driver's side window and shakes my hand silently. Doesn't even introduce himself. Right away, I got weird vibes from this guy. He leads us upstairs to Mickey who is sitting alone on a small couch in the living room. The house was barren. No real pictures or anything hanging on the walls. It seemed strange, like they had rented this property and done nothing with the interior.

Mickey produced photos of Danny, Chris, and Missy, which helped to let me know she was who she claimed she was. She looked very similar to Kathy, I might add. She went on to compliment how brave Danny was to speak out, but that she knew more than he even did of what went on.

Before the interview, she told me all about various incidents she claimed took place - including the lung story, George being a "warlock", and how George purposefully moved the family into the house to practice black magic on the DeFeo crime scene. I remember she said he had wired microphones under the table in Joan Conners' home.

It's a shame because the interview itself looks and sounds fantastic. But the whole thing was so anti-George and clearly devised to make a profit off of the story, I wanted no part of it after that point.

Out of courtesy, we took them to dinner afterward as planned and Mickey admitted to me that the Amityville Horror (George's version) was a hoax. I'm thinking here I am sitting with the only Lutz family ever member to state that the haunting was a hoax. But her story was so ridiculous, I knew it would be wrong to release it.

A few weeks went by and they began calling me. They were furious when I told them the interview was on hold as I was busy with my current project (which was the truth). I never engaged with them again and ignored their phone calls after that.

As I said, I didn't want to become a vessel for Kathy's family to release their anger towards George by creating fiction. It would be going against my role as an objective documentary filmmaker. After having to deal with Danny and then hearing Mickey's obvious fiction, I decided to hang up the Amityville hat. Enough was enough.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:33 pm

i'm glad walter saw through her scheme to cash in on her family's story, then proceeded to use danny boy to create his own piece of ficshit.

I wonder if it had anything to do with walter (himself) trying to pass off the little he did as "proof" of a haunting in his dismal documentary, thus himself forgetting that his very subject, dan lutz, seemed to conclude much the same things about George here as did his aunt Mildred (micky)?

or one should ask eric the following - did you forget what was in the movie you made already? :doh: this is blatant proof of what I've been saying here people!

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:i'm glad walter saw through her scheme to cash in on her family's story
Four days earlier
jimmysmokes wrote:and I have to admit, best book I have read on this subject.
Jimmy:

You might be happy to know that I am now intrigued enough to order the book, although it will probably be a waste of money.

That being said, it looks like you're on this cheery picking kick again of not noticing that both Chris and Dan confirm many of the events as told by George and Kathy. Just because they might stray from the original version does not mean they are exposing a hoax.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:39 am

jimmysmokes wrote:i'm glad walter saw through her scheme to cash in on her family's story, then proceeded to use danny boy to create his own piece of ficshit.
Danny's doc came first - and it remains objective, not forcing the audience one way or the other.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:24 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:i'm glad walter saw through her scheme to cash in on her family's story, then proceeded to use danny boy to create his own piece of ficshit.
Danny's doc came first - and it remains objective, not forcing the audience one way or the other.
right here suggests a lot! dan's doc came first and its objective. hmm? what difference does it matter if it came first or not? thought that it remains objective but since you say it came first, that must give it precedence over forthcoming docs & books? that's not objective.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:51 am

DC Fan wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:i'm glad walter saw through her scheme to cash in on her family's story
Four days earlier
jimmysmokes wrote:and I have to admit, best book I have read on this subject.
Jimmy:

You might be happy to know that I am now intrigued enough to order the book, although it will probably be a waste of money.

That being said, it looks like you're on this cheery picking kick again of not noticing that both Chris and Dan confirm many of the events as told by George and Kathy. Just because they might stray from the original version does not mean they are exposing a hoax.
let me ask you a question here. first off, i'm not sure what story or books you are quoting here? your posts on this and other Amityville subjects lead one to believe that you don't know much about this case in general or you just like to ramble?

you state that dan and chris confirm many of the events as told by George/Kathy? I beg to differ! the original story (when it first appeared) was a product of George Lutz and his author and you could toss in weber as well too. the kids were unwitting participants in this, one could say Kathy as well, when you dig in to this new book. As time went on in the lutzes lives, we all can see that the events and stories that were once told and "believed" have changed or been eradicated much by the kids growing older and (as stated) "events" that you claim they "confirm" simply fall apart with interviews and quotes they have made henceforth. Like I have already shown on here such with the heavy front door being blown out from within.

Kathy gave another interview in 1991 in which she said this happened. As chris has been quoted saying that this incident never happened! Now that is a pretty big incident for all the lutz members to have seen. Even a young child would not have a problem remembering this. But he claims it never happened.

Now dc fan and all who are interested. I can do this all day! The lutz kids themselves neither confirm nor stick with any story that first appeared back in the seventies. and if they did, then why would it be necessary to keep giving interviews and doing docs on their own "horror(s)" when really all we can agree on is that they have spoken a lot on George and his evils but very little on what went on in that house.

there could be a reason for this. try the new book.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:18 am

jimmie, lay off the weed. A hoax means the haunting never happened. All of these people said the haunting happened, though not necessarily to exactly the way George said it did. They are saying that George fanned the flames of the haunting through his use of the occult.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:27 am

Doesn't sound like Kathy's family cared about George too much. They told him that her brother Jimmy got kidnapped by aliens was never seen again and George evidently believed them. As we know now, the aliens released Jimmy and he passed away last year.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:46 am

Jimmy:

There are minor differences and disagreements among people who call themselves Christians, Keynesians, existentialists, blah blah blah. So what?

We know at least that you saw My Amityville Horror. You are aware of Dan's departure from the Lutz version in terms of George's claim that he knew nothing of the occult before moving to Amityville and did not believe in it. But...

Dan says a window closed on his hands. So does George. You see both in the film.
Dan says there were files in the house. So does Kathy. You see both in the film.
Dan says the beds of the boys levitated. So does George. You see both in the film.
Dan says George stoked large fires. So does George.
Dan never says George wanted to make up a story to make money. Neither does Chris anywhere including in the articles to which you have posted links in the past.

And all of these things are in Anson's book, despite all of its flaws and inaccuracies.

Thus when I claim that Dan and Chris confirm much of the story and do not claim it is a hoax, it is on the basis of objective evidence.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:34 am

DC Fan wrote:Jimmy:

There are minor differences and disagreements among people who call themselves Christians, Keynesians, existentialists, blah blah blah. So what?

We know at least that you saw My Amityville Horror. You are aware of Dan's departure from the Lutz version in terms of George's claim that he knew nothing of the occult before moving to Amityville and did not believe in it. But...

Dan says a window closed on his hands. So does George. You see both in the film.
Dan says there were files in the house. So does Kathy. You see both in the film.
Dan says the beds of the boys levitated. So does George. You see both in the film.
Dan never says George wanted to make up a story to make money. Neither does Chris anywhere including in the articles to which you have posted links in the past.

And all of these things are in Anson's book, despite all of its flaws and inaccuracies.

Thus when I claim that Dan and Chris confirm much of the story and do not claim it is a hoax, it is on the basis of objective evidence.
jimmie doesn't seem to know what hoax means. I think I will help him here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoax

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:42 am

ah, minor differences and the like! and don't forget about that door that didn't blow off its hinges! those just minor things here, no big deal.

I am aware of dan and chris's departures from the original story.

dan says a window closed on his hand. George says that they had this checked on in a hospital. they never went to any hospital.
dan says flies in house. so does Kathy. you see this presented in the Amityville comedy. no photographic evidence.
dan says beds levitated. so does George. don't forget Kathy levitated too. remember we're selling a haunted house here. how we doing so far?
dan says George stoked LARGE fires? so does George. interject- absolute proof of haunting! what nut ever uses a fireplace in their home! :roll:
dan says George didn't want to make up story for money. too bad dan didn't do the same here with his own movie & money making off his horror? :lol:

all these things are in anson's book and the lutzes themselves have more than ridiculed this very book!

and I think i'll close this with some good chris quarantino coz he says it best on brother dan's "truthful" movie.

"hey dan"? "sure am glad I didn't partake in that piece of sh!T movie of yours"!

amen chis. amen.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:46 am

Victoria Principles wrote:
DC Fan wrote:Jimmy:

jimmie doesn't seem to know what hoax means. I think I will help him here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoax
you already did! when you visited the house and came home deflated upon finally learning the truth. thanks again but I already knew.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:47 am

Victoria Principles wrote:jimmie doesn't seem to know what hoax means. I think I will help him here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoax
No. Especially given this last post, I think it is more accurate to say that he is a cherry picker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking

horsysauce
Amityville Member

Post by horsysauce » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:09 am

jimmysmokes wrote:ah, minor differences and the like! and don't forget about that door that didn't blow off its hinges! those just minor things here, no big deal.

dan says a window closed on his hand. George says that they had this checked on in a hospital. they never went to any hospital.
dan says flies in house. so does Kathy. you see this presented in the Amityville comedy. no photographic evidence.
dan says beds levitated. so does George. don't forget Kathy levitated too. remember we're selling a haunted house here. how we doing so far?
dan says George stoked LARGE fires? so does George. interject- absolute proof of haunting! what nut ever uses a fireplace in their home! :roll:
dan says George didn't want to make up story for money. too bad dan didn't do the same here with his own movie & money making off his horror? :lol:

all these things are in anson's book and the lutzes themselves have more than ridiculed this very book!

and I think i'll close this with some good chris quarantino coz he says it best on brother dan's "truthful" movie.

"hey dan"? "sure am glad I didn't partake in that piece of sh!T movie of yours"!

amen chis. amen.
Wow, Christopher really said that? Anyway, the claim you put forward here about the Lutz's and their story with the contradictions
is more readily to buy into considering their apparent backstabbing of one another over the years.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:56 am

jimmysmokes wrote:ah, minor differences and the like! and don't forget about that door that didn't blow off its hinges! those just minor things here, no big deal.

amen chis. amen.
How much money do you think Danny made off that movie which was not widely distruted and after Eric Waters, the distributors, and others took their cut?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Spoiler Alert!

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:39 am

this will be for my naysayers who don't believe i'm being honest about having read the new book (before our fearless leader) so friends, let me serve you some crow.

i'll just pull out stuff at random here and i'm not interested in any responses nor am I answering any responses on this thread. just to satisfy my fan club.

the first thing that struck me about this book was that this woman (Mildred Patricia Conners) didn't try and sell me (the reader) a sensational story of any kind with this book. unlike tntds there was no gates nor any osuna and some sort of revenge plot. the book is about lee lutz and his evil doings concerning her sister Kathy and Kathy's kids. like all, when I first heard of this book, I sensed another money making scheme, I was way off base here and when I noticed her picture on back of the book I knew I was in for a different read here. she looks much like Kathy does, then I saw the pics that only a true family member could produce. these pics start on page 107-113. you will see pics of Kathy, johanna Connors, Kathy & Seb right before marriage and of course, micky herself.

micky is ten years younger than Kathy and did a lot of babysitting later for Kathy and lee.

now some actual quotes from the book. oh by the way sherbetto, got your deleting friends ready to go?

George lee lutz was one of the most evil men that I have ever known and the only one I deemed to be a true warlock. my sister met lee long before they moved into the Amityville house. within hours of meeting lee, my sister was a changed woman. her metamorphosis took less than 24 hours, hair, make-up, even language. she began to curse more frequently, with more intensity-more hateful. I believe George indoctrinated my sister into the occult. I remember the night that he held a meeting of witches, a coven, to usher my sister into the occult. I was babysitting my niece and nephews that night. I saw many occult practices surrounding lee. animal abuse, drugging people, casting spells, mind control and levitation.

Kathy and seb's marriage ends because of sebs infidelity. I wonder if harry was sick or traumatized? on page 28 you find out about what George had done to harry.
on page 33 micky is at Kathy & lee's house prior to moving to Amityville and went up into their room to help clean. she's horrified to find books on the occult, spells, etc.. on top of one of these books lays an article about a family being slain in Amityville.

Kathy whispered to me, don't drink the coffee lee made, mick ... ? it's for us ... later? could it be I asked myself? could lee be drugging the kids and my sister?

page 44 about the coven meeting. on page 62 Kathy claims to have not known that the murders took place in the house and would not have moved there if known.
page 63 George is talking to people and reporters about what happened during their stay at the house. I ask Kathy about it but she says that lee doesn't talk much about what he does or who he talks to. hmm? I wonder why myself :P

on page 65 micky exposes lee lying about having no knowledge himself of the murders even though she had found the clipping of it before. she then wonders why lee would buy this home of all homes when he could have bought other homes considering he came from a wealthy family?

page 95 strange meeting of a priest with two other people, the warrens in Kathy's mothers home. page 164 Kathy's marriage is falling apart because of lee screwing around. chris is also living with his aunt at age 16.

page 173-176 seems that one of lee and Kathy's houses burned down and foreclosure on another one and more of lee's infidelities.

at the end she claims that no one will ever know what went on in the house but is convinced that George was a warlock and that he and Kathy "convinced" themselves of the haunting. I agree. also interesting is the visit that jimmy and carrie made to the house at the end of the book.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:03 am

Victoria Principles wrote:How much money do you think Danny made off that movie which was not widely distruted and after Eric Waters, the distributors, and others took their cut?
enough to keep him quiet, for a while anyway.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:18 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:enough to keep him quiet, for a while anyway.
Whatever you think. Have another tote.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:46 pm

now you getting the picture