a question for clairvoyant/psychic people on this site

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: a question for clairvoyant/psychic people on this site

Postby jimmysmokes » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:51 am

you forgot to throw in they were chanting their hare Krishna in the house too. catholic pagans and blessings too. sorry, aint buying it.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Exsecratio » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:56 pm

One of Physics fundamental laws is the conservation of energy

"The total energy of an isolated system is conserved over time, thus energy cannot be created or destroyed, only it's state can be changed"

Thus far nothing in science can rule out the existence of energy left behind by isolated systems (people).

Is that energy manifest? I don't know

Can in *inhabit* another item or person? I don't know

Can it be felt or perceived by third parties? I don't know

Seems to be a lot of laws I spent many years working within that don't come with many testable extrapolations......

Remember 800 years ago the earth was flat

1,000 years ago the sun orbited the earth
Exsecratio
Amityville Member

Postby DC Fan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:10 am

Exsecratio wrote:One of Physics fundamental laws is the conservation of energy

"The total energy of an isolated system is conserved over time, thus energy cannot be created or destroyed, only it's state can be changed"

Thus far nothing in science can rule out the existence of energy left behind by isolated systems (people).

Is that energy manifest? I don't know

Can in *inhabit* another item or person? I don't know

Can it be felt or perceived by third parties? I don't know

Seems to be a lot of laws I spent many years working within that don't come with many testable extrapolations......

Remember 800 years ago the earth was flat

1,000 years ago the sun orbited the earth

The Conservation of Energy Law really does not support ghost theories, as explained here how energy from a dead body is transferred:

http://www.livescience.com/16951-einste ... proof.html

By the way, your history of science is off. The ancient Greeks knew that the Earth was round because its curved shadow is visible on the moon during a lunar eclipse. One of them, Aristarchus, reasoned correctly that the Earth must orbit the Sun after he calculated the relative sizes of the Sun, Moon and Earth, although he could not supply the proof of why the smaller object must orbit the larger one.

Maybe what you're really trying to get at is strong emotions leaving a trace in a way that current science does not explain? Either way there is no known scientific law that indicates that energy from dead people has to come back to bother us.
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Postby Exsecratio » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:32 am

Valid point's DC (apologies for the timeline but was just a very rough example to show what we do not understand doesn't mean it's not understandable at some point)

I can see the article pointing toward potential energy (consumed body parts being used by organisms to generate energy,or rather converting from mass to energy as such) the small mention on that article about the electrical charge being dissipated as heat bothers me though. I'm not an MD so don't know what charge the body carries, I do know that light to heat and electricity to heat is quite normal (I work with lasers) but haven't managed to find supporting evidence of a temperature increase in a person when life is extinct.

On the Ghost side of things....I'm not a believer, currently there is no real evidence they exist (lots of opinions but not even any that qualifies as testable theories) seems to be that the world of the "supernatural" makes a lot of assumptions that while popular have no scientific evidence and as are not testable or repeatable don't even qualify as theory.

I guess it's the crossroads where belief and fact meet :)
Exsecratio
Amityville Member

Postby jimmysmokes » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:14 pm

Exsecratio wrote:Valid point's DC (apologies for the timeline but was just a very rough example to show what we do not understand doesn't mean it's not understandable at some point)

I can see the article pointing toward potential energy (consumed body parts being used by organisms to generate energy,or rather converting from mass to energy as such) the small mention on that article about the electrical charge being dissipated as heat bothers me though. I'm not an MD so don't know what charge the body carries, I do know that light to heat and electricity to heat is quite normal (I work with lasers) but haven't managed to find supporting evidence of a temperature increase in a person when life is extinct.

On the Ghost side of things....I'm not a believer, currently there is no real evidence they exist (lots of opinions but not even any that qualifies as testable theories) seems to be that the world of the "supernatural" makes a lot of assumptions that while popular have no scientific evidence and as are not testable or repeatable don't even qualify as theory.

I guess it's the crossroads where belief and fact meet :)

how can you not believe the lutzes story? the evidence is overwhelming on the side of the case for haunting!
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Exsecratio » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:19 pm

It's not a case of me believing them Jimmy (Chris is a great friend and I trust him totally) it's more a case of at this current time there is no scientific proof of the existence of the supernatural.

Anecdotal evidence certainly exists in bucket loads and numerous reports from intelligent and trustworthy people, sadly that isn't proof of fact :( believe me I wish it was but looking at it in the cold light of day thus far there have been no repeatable tests of any theories that have been offered. I can't in all honesty say that there is only one possible explanation for the events at 112, if we were at that point then the world would truly be an enlightened place.
Exsecratio
Amityville Member

Postby jimmysmokes » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:50 am

Exsecratio wrote:It's not a case of me believing them Jimmy (Chris is a great friend and I trust him totally) it's more a case of at this current time there is no scientific proof of the existence of the supernatural.

Anecdotal evidence certainly exists in bucket loads and numerous reports from intelligent and trustworthy people, sadly that isn't proof of fact :( believe me I wish it was but looking at it in the cold light of day thus far there have been no repeatable tests of any theories that have been offered. I can't in all honesty say that there is only one possible explanation for the events at 112, if we were at that point then the world would truly be an enlightened place.

I can sum it up for you real quick here though you do have it basically figured out. either haunted or not? no evidence exists for haunting especially when all was refuted, rather quickly. yes, if we were at that point in the world when mankind can put away his silly, bigoted, superstitions, (religion too), mankind may learn to have peace? sadly, mankind can not let go of the childhood imaginary play-mates that plague his mind from day one, which in turn keeps him rooted and doomed to repeat the past.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:05 am

jimmysmokes wrote:no evidence exists for haunting especially when all was refuted, rather quickly.

Well that's putting it simplistically!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby GhostHuntress » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Well, I ain't a psychic or a clairvoyant but I have seen ghosts or in different places before, when other people couldn't, however it's completely random, I went to places that supposedly had a lot of activity, and nothing happened. I think there different levels of the seeing ability, I think I'm the second to last.
"They're here!" - Carol Anne, Poltergeist.
GhostHuntress
Amityville Member

Postby Ayko » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:54 am

Exsecratio wrote:It's not a case of me believing them Jimmy (Chris is a great friend and I trust him totally) it's more a case of at this current time there is no scientific proof of the existence of the supernatural.

The entire discussion goes nowhere because the focus you all have is on one single street adress and location although the paranormal activity begins and persists over the decades throughout the (entire Long Island) area. Focusing on one incident with a changed house number, New Jersey Location for tales, etc, leaves us to understand that people are afraid of the truth and diverting it elsewhere while blurring out the connected incidents of the (Amityville Long Island) area.
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Ayko wrote:

The entire discussion goes nowhere because the focus you all have is on one single street adress and location although the paranormal activity begins and persists over the decades throughout the (entire Long Island) area. Focusing on one incident with a changed house number, New Jersey Location for tales, etc, leaves us to understand that people are afraid of the truth and diverting it elsewhere while blurring out the connected incidents of the (Amityville Long Island) area.

This particular thread is not about the paranormal activity on Long Island or anywhere else, just the house at 108 Ocean. If you want to start a separate thread for paranormal activity on LI, go ahead
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby Ayko » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:00 am

Magic, or the supernatural, is another word for science in its infancy that scientists usually call unexplained phenomena. Lighting up a Zippo in front of neanderthals would be an example of science being used as magic or the supernatural. A black hole in space is magic until it is fully explained whence magic 'graduates' to science. That is not to say, however, that every supernatural event will be scientifically explained leaving it an unexplained phenomena of nature, or magic (that could be true or false).
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:ask yourself a question. why would the lutzes have a priest do a catholic blessing on their new home (on the first day no less) when neither one of them practiced Catholicism?

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/haunting1.html#religious

The FAQ doesn't actually truly explain anything. I'll tell you why it doesn't.

When they learned it was the DeFeo house, George and Kathy decided that this didn't bother them as far as living there themselves was concerned. Sure, it was tragic but did not scare or put them off. Seemingly no superstitions about actually buying the place. So why would they be talked into having it blessed if it simply was not an issue?

My family has a Catholic background. I was not really brought up all that religious though, and consider myself at best a non-practicing Catholic. I don't believe in house-blessing... it seems pointless to have something like that done when you don't even believe it does anything. George stated he supposedly did not believe in all that supernatural stuff, so why the change of heart and asking for a blessing?
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Bodie_Rose wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:ask yourself a question. why would the lutzes have a priest do a catholic blessing on their new home (on the first day no less) when neither one of them practiced Catholicism?

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/haunting1.html#religious

The FAQ doesn't actually truly explain anything. I'll tell you why it doesn't.

When they learned it was the DeFeo house, George and Kathy decided that this didn't bother them as far as living there themselves was concerned. Sure, it was tragic but did not scare or put them off. Seemingly no superstitions about actually buying the place. So why would they be talked into having it blessed if it simply was not an issue?

My family has a Catholic background. I was not really brought up all that religious though, and consider myself at best a non-practicing Catholic. I don't believe in house-blessing... it seems pointless to have something like that done when you don't even believe it does anything. George stated he supposedly did not believe in all that supernatural stuff, so why the change of heart and asking for a blessing?

because throwing a catholic priest into the scheme of things constitutes a better way of selling the paranormal.

and George stated a lot of things but knew plenty of the supernatural! just ask sherbetto.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby horsysauce » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:52 am

Another good point.
horsysauce
Amityville Member

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:00 am

jimmysmokes wrote:you forgot to throw in they were chanting their hare Krishna in the house too. catholic pagans and blessings too. sorry, aint buying it.

Catholics and pagans have a lot in common. Now if you would put down the blunt and do a little research, you would know that.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Brendan72 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:30 am

jimmysmokes wrote:hmm. budweiser and vodka, those kinds of spirits

I'm neither clairvoyant or psychic but I predicted jimmysmokes would say something like that ;)
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Amityville Rock » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 am

Victoria Principles wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:you forgot to throw in they were chanting their hare Krishna in the house too. catholic pagans and blessings too. sorry, aint buying it.

Catholics and pagans have a lot in common. Now if you would put down the blunt and do a little research, you would know that.

As do all Christians, protestants included, where do you think Christmas trees and the eggs at Easter come from for example?
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Previous

Return to DeFeo Discussion