1979 Writer's Digest article on Jay Anson

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: 1979 Writer's Digest article on Jay Anson

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Saying Jay Anson did not author the Amityville Horror is a very bold statement - why would I not be interested in your claims?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Re: Ray Buckland and George Lutz.

Post by jimmysmokes » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Ayko wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Ayko wrote:my opinion is based on unsubstantiated information and cannot be proven.
So I'm wondering why you find it so compelling..?
I mentioned my opinion on the side in brackets during a discussion with BrookeForrester when he misunderstood that I was writing a book on the Long Island area horrors while we were on the subject of Buckland, TM use by the Lutz parents, etc. You, not me, were more than compeled (so you explain) to target my opinion as something foolish with your tongue sticking and quotation marks that focus only on a third party unknown author theory and my opinion on that but nothing about Buckland or the TM use or anything else on topic. Why is obvious but, I am glad you adhere to my demands so quickly and moved the silliness to this topic which will surely fall away from the front page here again fast. You still haven't commented on my Suffolk/Nassau horror history summary. I understand, though, something like that does not compel you to reply or interest you but, one tiny opinion that is really meaningless except that you continue to hack on it, is. If it's the last word you want, take it but make it respectable and worthy of a moderator or administrator, or whatever you consider yourself, that has not one comment for spam troll jimmysmokes but non stop about my Amityville Horror author opinion which is plausible, at the least, and on topic as opposed to jimmysmokes spamming. You need a real job for once, I think and I need to stop wasting my time with you.
a true classic from the past! one of my all time faves. always brings tears to my eyes.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: 1979 Writer's Digest article on Jay Anson

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:21 pm

The following posts were deleted from this thread due to an accident:

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:36 pm
Dan the Damned wrote:
Sun May 11, 2008 4:57 pm
Some nice info. So according to Anson, the Lutz tapes came out to 35 hours in length. But he says, "George on his own had told his story on tape." That kinda sounds like the tapes consisted of George speaking solo, and not with his family (as George describes it)?

Anson also says he interviewed George for 5 hours - that's news to me. He mentions interviewing Father Ray, some cops, and some people from the Historical Society (doesn't mention the Warrens, but also doesn't say that is a complete list).

And he attributes the weather discrepancies to himself. "...sometimes I make mistakes." So that seems to add credence to the theory that the day the Lutzes found hoofprints in the snow, they didn't give Anson an exact date. So the only weather contradiction in the Lutzes' version of events would be the storm on the last night.
Yeah! But no, your typo should have read 35, or 45 hours (depending on which version) he interviewed George. Alone!

"As George describes it"? :lol: :D And I'll bet it was (is) news to you if you bought what George says, said, hiccup.

I wonder if I did indeed "stumble" onto something with that video I put up on Chris confiding that the tapes were done for Anson all along? And also that The Amityville Horror-Shocking Truth show on Reelz in 2016 stated that Anson conducted the 35 hours of interviews himself? Had good old Ryan in it and Danny (i'm never speaking about Amityville again) Lutz! :rotate:

Yes sir, Mr. Chris slipped up again, though if anyone can read between the lines, they'd catch on to the slips that have been there all along. Anson only confirms his deceit right here.

btw- Weren't we told in the beginning that these tapes were done by George & Kathy themselves?

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:20 am
The text is now online...

https://www.writersdigest.com/online-ed ... lle-horror

Brendan72 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:38 pm
I have heard the reference to cashmere sweaters before ... and the house in Majorca. Though it is in Spain and no Italy.

msmart112 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:46 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:20 am
The text is now online...

https://www.writersdigest.com/online-ed ... lle-horror
Cheers!

From here...

https://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboar ... =1&t=12521

...we know that this...

"A woman Jay Anson gave some early chapters to took the manuscript home and she and two of her children were suffocated in a fire that night."

...is BS...as the fire happened in early 1975.

I wonder what other claims Anson made in that article were BS?