THE CONJURING movies

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Crash
Amityville Addict

Re: THE CONJURING movies

Post by Crash » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:36 pm

That was a pretty interesting read,it's amazing how much random information shows up when you start following a topic that you don't get in other articles ..from the people themselves on forums etc.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:36 am

Why ‘The Conjuring’ Could Become the Biggest Horror Franchise of the Century

Four movies in — with at least three more on deck — and the burgeoning The Conjuring Universe is continuing to scare up big box office bucks with no sign of slowing down. Even during the downturned, dog days of summer, the latest film in the franchise, prequel-to-a-sequel “Annabelle: Creation,” topped out as the weekend’s biggest winner, pulling in over $35 million in domestic returns and handily dispatching with its nearest competition (“Dunkirk,” now in its fourth week, made just $11.4 million to take second place). The 21st century has already played home to one of the genre’s biggest hit franchises ever and has steadily rolled out new offerings that seem destined to inspire their own series but, for now, “The Conjuring” is king. And it won’t stop until it becomes the biggest horror franchise of the century.
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/the-co ... 201866336/

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:30 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Why ‘The Conjuring’ Could Become the Biggest Horror Franchise of the Century

Four movies in — with at least three more on deck — and the burgeoning The Conjuring Universe is continuing to scare up big box office bucks with no sign of slowing down. Even during the downturned, dog days of summer, the latest film in the franchise, prequel-to-a-sequel “Annabelle: Creation,” topped out as the weekend’s biggest winner, pulling in over $35 million in domestic returns and handily dispatching with its nearest competition (“Dunkirk,” now in its fourth week, made just $11.4 million to take second place). The 21st century has already played home to one of the genre’s biggest hit franchises ever and has steadily rolled out new offerings that seem destined to inspire their own series but, for now, “The Conjuring” is king. And it won’t stop until it becomes the biggest horror franchise of the century.
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/the-co ... 201866336/
I am not sure how they can even refer to the Annabelle movies as part of the 'Conjuring' franchise. Standalone horror movies at best and I use that term loosely.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

saintlaz1
Amityville Member

Post by saintlaz1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:35 pm

I don’t know if this was brought up before but why are the DeFeo paintings in the stairwell of the warrens investigated after the Lutz left?

saintlaz1
Amityville Member

Post by saintlaz1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:52 am

saintlaz1 wrote:I don’t know if this was brought up before but why are the DeFeo paintings in the stairwell of the warrens investigated after the Lutz left?

Never mind I saw it from the beginning now

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:24 pm

The following posts were deleted from this thread due to an accident:

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:58 am
The next Conjuring movie uses a story that will be familiar around these parts...
A full title has been announced for The Conjuring 3, which now bears the moniker The Devil Made Me Do It. After their fictionalized defeat of the Enfield poltergeist in The Conjuring 2, paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren (played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga) will return to America for The Devil Made Me Do It, which is based on a real-life court case in which a murder suspect claimed demonic possession was to blame.

The true story behind The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It took place in the small town of Brookfield, Connecticut, which, according to People magazine, suffered its very first recorded homicide in February of 1981, when Arne Cheyenne Johnson stabbed his landlord to death. Johnson was a 19-year-old tree arborist, who, after a heated argument with his landlord, Alan Bono, killed the man with a pocketknife, thrusting the five-inch blade into Bono's chest multiple times. Johnson was arrested two miles from the scene of the homicide.

Eight months later, Johnson plead not guilty to murder, claiming the devil made him do it. Johnson's defense rested on the claim that his fiancée, Debbie Glatzel—who had been present at the killing of Bono—had a younger brother who was possessed by demons. After an attempted exorcism, Johnson claimed to have invited the demons into his own body, sparing Debbie's brother.
https://www.newsweek.com/conjuring-3-de ... er-1476782

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:05 pm
DB, the article above says-
Johnson's defense cited two previous court cases in Great Britain, though neither had been presented before a jury.
Were these cases mentioned in the book (been a while since I read it) and what were they?

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:48 pm
Does anyone know if there are any links to Amityville in this flick, or if it gets mentioned?

Reason I ask is because (if there are any) then someone can "alert" Danny or Chris and they can get a lawsuit going...

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:59 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:48 pm
Does anyone know if there are any links to Amityville in this flick, or if it gets mentioned?
Unlikely. Unless the Nun comes back. But she was clearly a fictional creation anyway.

devilbustedinct wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:57 am
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:05 pm
DB, the article above says-
Johnson's defense cited two previous court cases in Great Britain, though neither had been presented before a jury.
Were these cases mentioned in the book (been a while since I read it) and what were they?
Both cases never made it to court, nor vindicated either person. One was arson and one was rape — neither were murder. Minella knew this, but it sure sounded good to the hungry press. His “trip” to the U.K. was more of a PR stunt than anything as it brought him nothing for his case except hyperbole.

I have no idea if there will be links to Amityville (although their should be - the Glatzel/Johnson case wouldn’t even exist without TAH).

Brendan72 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:37 pm
devilbustedinct wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:30 pm
Yup. Gonna be quite a show folks. Already getting all the facts wrong, but who can blame them with so much misinformation out there. A lot of truth to the “The Conjuring 3,” oops, I mean “The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It” (could the name possibly get any lamer?) can actually be found buried in this very forum and I can guarantee the aftermath of this film will be far more interesting than the sh*tshow it looks like it’s shaping up to be. Perhaps the Warren’s name will go up in flames along with the name Skywalker. I for one have a stockpile of popcorn, good beer, and total immunity to demons and (or worse) Hollywood lawyers. I’m ready for another good ol’ crappy Hollywood horror flick and the unique drama that will unfold in its aftermath. Cheers!
The latest Star Wars sh*tshow just had its premiere. The reviews are not good and it hasn't even been released to the public yet. Not surprising considering it had three versions weeks before it was due to be released. Test audiences rejected it outright. With any luck this Conjuring project will crash and burn too.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:46 pm
Here's an earlier version of the Conjuring 3 story... with Kevin Bacon!

The Warren's are Mr and Mrs Harris in this.

Just 5 1/2 minutes into THE DEMON MURDER CASE, the Judge says he will "not allow" the devil-made-me-do-it defence, thereby making the movie title completely pointless :lol:

Brendan72 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:03 am
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:46 pm
Here's an earlier version of the Conjuring 3 story... with Kevin Bacon!
It was the 1980s so the alternative title was "The Conjuring 3: Footloose Boogaloo"

jrp02809 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:47 am
This is kind of funny reading all the comments made "before" any of the Conjuring movies came out (2011 - at the beginning of this forum) and all the comments now and about the movie and the Warren's. My how some people's view and thoughts changed, and how some were just dead wrong about the possible failures of the movies...

Brendan72 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:59 pm
I admit I haven't checked what I said in 2011 against what I recently said on this thread and it probably has varied. And will probably vary some more over time.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:28 pm
I think this will go direct to DVD since they didn't add a 3 to the end of the title, these movies really aren't doing great at the box office anymore. Its a shame they didn't tackle the recent Garry Indiana case.

devilbustedinct wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:28 pm
There is no way this is going to go straight to DVD or VOD. This is Warner Bros. golden baby. Starting this spring, there will be a huge promotion for this film. Marketing on par with the likes of “Skywalker.” They are going straight for the box office jugular and are going to stuff that movie into every theater they can find. Box office is where it’s at, and there is no denying that even though the film may suck, it is going to make a mint, maybe even break some records. It will have a huge opening, and that’s when a plethora of streaming services will want it. And you got your DVD, and your Blu-ray, and your 4K and your Steelbook and your double disc collector’s edition, and the Ultimate Conjuring Trilogy box set only available at Best Buy, etc. There is a reason why they dropped the “3” from the name. Why such a lame substitute name remains a mystery. Without question, this movie will go straight to theaters first. That’s where the blood sucking starts.

Victor_Pascow wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:57 pm
Straight to DVD! Ha! When hell freezes over...this will print money!

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:44 am