Post by Crash » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:56 pm

The following posts were deleted from this thread due to an accident:

Crash wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:30 pm
Another one on the way -

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/356 ... tion-year/

Brendan72 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:22 pm
I do not see how this one will be different concept-wise from The Amityville Murders movie released (the Dan Farrands directed movie). Sorry but I take this news with a huge pinch of salts.

underthegarden wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:04 am
Sigh. It would take a great cast, great writing and some new angle to get me into the theater for this one. Frankly, I'd rather see Amityville 1674 at this point. "Loosely based on events that might have happened at the time, to people who may have existed, near(ish) the property that now contains the Amityville house."

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm
Enough with the hate.

Sat what you will but The Amityville Murders was one of the best horror films of last year. It may not have had the budget of Hereditary but it was almost as good.

Now if you changed your outlook to be positive, you may come out enjoying this.

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 am
Amityville Murders was pretty dire, the same hokey, cheesy and silly "haunted house" rehash as the rest of the stuff out there which exploits the real brutal murder of 6 real people.

Not even one of the best Anityville movies.

Some things are not even worth being positive about.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am
I said the same thing, you can go back and read my post for reference. The film is decent if you ignore some of the modern horror tropes.

The best since Dollhouse I said.

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 am

Uh uh... and the Nazis were not genocidal maniacs if you ignore all the Jews they murdered.

"If you ignore how crap and exploitative the movie is, it's actually good!" Basically?

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:54 am
Sorry I don't follow... you are talking about Nazi's now? It really has nothing to do with the topic. If you want to talk nonsense, feel free to do so with yourself instead of derailing Crash's topic. Thanks!

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:42 pm
Was making a simple comparison, that anything can be made to sound good if you ignore all the bad.

TC1 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:08 pm
We definitely need more information on what exactly this movie is going to be about.

“This is a story that takes its jumping-off point from the true facts surrounding the Defeo tragedy,” La Scala said, “but also focuses on the human drama that took place inside a family as they were relentlessly stalked by a terrifying evil.”

Is this "family" they speak of the DeFeos or the Lutzes? If this movie is a back story for the DeFeos, the murders and then the Lutzes story retold in 2019/2020 I honestly think I'll pass.

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:26 am
It sounds like they're using the same formula as Amityville The Possession and Amityville Murders, that there was already something supernatural driving Ronnie to murder. In other words more haunted house shtick exploiting real murdered people.

Felix_the_Fox wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:46 am
And so another film is on the way.....personally i never want this franchise to die out.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 am

Crash wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:35 pm
It's no Amityville vibrator...

Stephanie2019 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:30 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
The house on this cover is all wrong. the Gambrel roof and eaves are wrong, and the fireplace in the real house, did not have exposed brick on the outside like all of the photos

This is what drives me nuts about some of these movies

Victor_Pascow wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:06 am
I am terrified of Geese so this looks intense!

Crash wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:24 am

km2020 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:51 am
sherbetbizarre wrote:
This house in the picture is a different color than it was in 1974.

Stephanie2019 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:48 pm
I would be interested in seeing a movie about the DeFeo family WITHOUT the paranormal aspect thrown in.

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:34 pm
Me too. I’d like to see it portrayed as a dysfunctional family and about Ronald Jr’s drug addiction and psychological problems.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/