General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

The Daily Smokes

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:15 pm

The following posts were deleted from this thread due to an accident:

jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 pm

In the above link you'll find Kathy talking of her transformation into a "hag" one night while in the house. This starts around the 13:00 minute mark. Pay close attention toward the end of the segment around 13:40 to 13:44 mark. You'll see a smirk/smile break out on her as she tries to keep a straight face. Use your pause button too, and notice the eyes look side to side ending with an odd grimace trying to remain serious.

This is pure acting and she knows it.

We gonna break it down on this new thread. Let's get into it!
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Some people smile. Not everyone, clearly. But that isnt even a smile from Kathy.

Are you that desperate for table scraps to deny their story? Poor, poor Jimmy :lol:

Dan and Amit destroyed you.
jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:58 pm
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_s5UtC1Nst-k/S ... y_Lutz.jpg

She isn't smiling in this one either. A rather happy couple one might suggest. Certainly not the couple that were terrified for their lives and yet they almost seem proud of their accomplishments?

I'm glad you think Dan destroyed me in here. Last post of his I checked seemed to suggest the opposite.

"I'm not trying to make you believe in the haunting", "I don't totally BELIEVE it myself"

Yep, a real ass kicking...
jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm
In the above video you'll find George commenting that it's over now, we're glad it's over.

Case closed, haunting over. Wait a minute :think: I thought you claimed the forces followed you and tormented you & family for years? Hmm, confusing? I guess the truth is as strange as the fiction!
jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:46 pm
Excellent article! Read the entire thing. Love the last two paragraphs :clap:

So Kathy had nothing to do with the story, the tapes as it was said? That's what I thought. And it furthers my point in what I said earlier that I pointed out in the video.

http://whatliesbeyond.boards.net/thread ... opher-lutz
jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am
http://altereddimensions.net/2013/after ... ocumentary

Lol, let's look at this. Danny claims that it was George who brought on the "events" that happened in the house with his occult practices. George originally stated that he believed what inhabited the house was there before they moved in. As we all know, the original story was that they moved in and left because the house was haunted. So we have two conflicting stories here. There was never any mention of George dabbling in the occult in any original claims. At the end of this article Danny says that he still stands by the families original story? Huh? Lol, he can't even get the original story right, of course neither do any of them!

Danny states that within hours (two to be exact-MAH) that it was starting up in the house when they were moving in. I guess according to him, George was already doing the occult upon arriving in the house and unloading boxes?

In MAH Danny swats flies in a room first day in. He says it was 400 to 500 flies and he killed 100 of them, leaving approximately 300 to 400? But his mom said originally it was only 100 and they were all swatting them, not just Danny as he claims? Also, in the MAH doc Danny called in his mom who stared to scream but in this article he says when she came into the room the flies had mysteriously disappeared?

Danny states that he and George went out to find Harry trying to kill himself while the garage door was slamming up and down. Imagine the sound of that and the Irelands right there next to the garage and not hearing or witnessing all that commotion? Anyhow, George and Danny somehow are able to stop this garage door from slamming up and down (one wonders how) and that the entire family watched this whole event happening outside. But in MAH Danny says that while this garage door was doing it's thing that he and George turned around to look at the house and saw Jodie staring at them from Missy's window? The two then bolted to Missy's room to check on her safety (thought they were all outside)? In her room they find a rocking chair rocking back and forth which George goes to pick up and examine. Danny claims that this chair had been doing this for 20 minutes? Huh? How did he know that this chair had been moving on it's own for 20 minutes provided they had just entered this room and George went and picked it up?

It's just gets better and better and as I've said before, if you believe in the Lutz story you'll have to choose which one of them and their stories you believe.
Matt9290 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am
http://altereddimensions.net/2013/after ... ocumentary

Lol, let's look at this. Danny claims that it was George who brought on the "events" that happened in the house with his occult practices. George originally stated that he believed what inhabited the house was there before they moved in. As we all know, the original story was that they moved in and left because the house was haunted. So we have two conflicting stories here. There was never any mention of George dabbling in the occult in any original claims. At the end of this article Danny says that he still stands by the families original story? Huh? Lol, he can't even get the original story right, of course neither do any of them!

Danny states that within hours (two to be exact-MAH) that it was starting up in the house when they were moving in. I guess according to him, George was already doing the occult upon arriving in the house and unloading boxes?
Now that is a good point!
jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 pm
Thanks man, and let's not forget the arrival of good old Fr. Ray!

Isn't it odd that this "priest" appears on the scene the same day the Lutzes start moving into the house? No sooner do they arrive at the house to start unloading does this "priest" show up (magically) to "bless" the home. Why does he have to show up right then to do this blessing when normally a family would get settled in first then a parish priest would come to do it? There is a reason for it.

First off, with all the chaos that would be ensuing with moving in boxes and movers going about and kids running around making noise, a priest can do a sacred blessing of a house with all this? Not for a minute! And not much is known about this character Fr. Ray to begin with. Some claim he was Kathy's friend while others claim he met Kathy through George for annulments? Odd though that George (a Methodist) would be involved with a catholic priest beforehand?

So this guy comes to bless the house but has to leave abruptly due to the fact he's been psychic slapped and told to GET OUT by unseen forces, though no one in the house heard this except him? So he decides to do as he's told leaving the Lutzes with no explanation of his quick departure? He doesn't tell them why he's leaving and they only learn later on (conveniently) of what happened. It doesn't occur to him to tell the family they might be in danger in the house! No, he just leaves says nothing of what he just experienced in the house. That's some priest, some friend of the family huh?

We also wonder why the Lutzes needed a catholic priest to come bless the house so quickly? Let's keep in mind that they weren't practicing the faith (so to speak) at that time. Far from it as we've learned they were into various sorts of other things. Three family members are on record saying that George Lutz practiced Satanism, even before he entered the home! And you want us to believe that they needed a catholic priest to perform a BLESSING! :lol:

The reason why this Fr. Ray character shows up when he does is because he's needed to begin the psy-op. That's why this so-called blessing takes place before they move in. What better way to prove demonic activity then have a priest show up on moving in day and leave unexpectedly with a story to tell later on about his first day experiences inside the house! The character of the catholic priest is the selling point of this psy-op. No doubt about it...
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Isn't it odd that this "priest" appears on the scene the same day the Lutzes start moving into the house? No sooner do they arrive at the house to start unloading does this "priest" show up (magically) to "bless" the home. Why does he have to show up right then to do this blessing when normally a family would get settled in first then a parish priest would come to do it?
There are plenty of interviews out there that explain how they knew the priest, why they invited him, and how he recommended no-one sleep in the room he was just slapped in.
jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:16 am
You got that right. One right on here between Dan & Rick Moran and they are both different.

I explained why they invited him. Doesn't look like it worked either! Well, maybe? :)
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:

Isn't it odd that this "priest" appears on the scene the same day the Lutzes start moving into the house? No sooner do they arrive at the house to start unloading does this "priest" show up (magically) to "bless" the home. Why does he have to show up right then to do this blessing when normally a family would get settled in first then a parish priest would come to do it? There is a reason for it.

First off, with all the chaos that would be ensuing with moving in boxes and movers going about and kids running around making noise, a priest can do a sacred blessing of a house with all this? Not for a minute! And not much is known about this character Fr. Ray to begin with. Some claim he was Kathy's friend while others claim he met Kathy through George for annulments? Odd though that George (a Methodist) would be involved with a catholic priest beforehand?

So this guy comes to bless the house but has to leave abruptly due to the fact he's been psychic slapped and told to GET OUT by unseen forces, though no one in the house heard this except him? So he decides to do as he's told leaving the Lutzes with no explanation of his quick departure? He doesn't tell them why he's leaving and they only learn later on (conveniently) of what happened. It doesn't occur to him to tell the family they might be in danger in the house! No, he just leaves says nothing of what he just experienced in the house. That's some priest, some friend of the family huh?

We also wonder why the Lutzes needed a catholic priest to come bless the house so quickly? Let's keep in mind that they weren't practicing the faith (so to speak) at that time. Far from it as we've learned they were into various sorts of other things. Three family members are on record saying that George Lutz practiced Satanism, even before he entered the home! And you want us to believe that they needed a catholic priest to perform a BLESSING! :lol:

The reason why this Fr. Ray character shows up when he does is because he's needed to begin the psy-op. That's why this so-called blessing takes place before they move in. What better way to prove demonic activity then have a priest show up on moving in day and leave unexpectedly with a story to tell later on about his first day experiences inside the house! The character of the catholic priest is the selling point of this psy-op. No doubt about it...
You haven't even read the book, have you? Or you're being willfully obtuse.

Mate, get back on my ignore list until you can actually display some knowledge of the subject. You don't even know Mancuso's attempts to contact the Lutz's :) Hilarious indeed.
Dan the Damned wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:42 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
I'm glad you think Dan destroyed me in here. Last post of his I checked seemed to suggest the opposite.

"I'm not trying to make you believe in the haunting", "I don't totally BELIEVE it myself"

You misquote me. I said, "I'm not so sure that I totally believe in it, myself."

Big difference.

My quote means "there's room for possible doubt."

Your misquote infers that I've made up my mind already and there are parts of their story that I firmly do not believe.

More importantly, what do those 2 quotes have to do with you getting "an ass kicking"? I tell you point blank that my object here is NOT to make you believe in the haunting. But you ignore that and pretend that "belief in the haunting" is the goal in the "ass kicking"?!?

I believe what Amit Y Ville is referring to is how you come on here pushing misinformation to bolster your "pro-hoax" beliefs and we explain how your statements are either misrepresentations of what actually happened, or just flat-out lies...
jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:42 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:

You haven't even read the book, have you? Or you're being willfully obtuse.

Mate, get back on my ignore list until you can actually display some knowledge of the subject. You don't even know Mancuso's attempts to contact the Lutz's :) Hilarious indeed.
Mancusso is not even his f$cking name you idiot!
jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:15 pm
Dan the Damned wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:42 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:

You misquote me. I said, "I'm not so sure that I totally believe in it, myself."

Big difference.

My quote means "there's room for possible doubt."

Your misquote infers that I've made up my mind already and there are parts of their story that I firmly do not believe.

More importantly, what do those 2 quotes have to do with you getting "an ass kicking"? I tell you point blank that my object here is NOT to make you believe in the haunting. But you ignore that and pretend that "belief in the haunting" is the goal in the "ass kicking"?!?

I believe what Amit Y Ville is referring to is how you come on here pushing misinformation to bolster your "pro-hoax" beliefs and we explain how your statements are either misrepresentations of what actually happened, or just flat-out lies...
I'm glad you now listen to what Amityville Sucker has to say on this forum. Just like a few months ago when he was arguing his ghostie-boy idiocy with you and you asked him what the hell was the matter with him and told him to knock it off! Yeah now you reference him? This same clown who's so desperate for attention on here he'll resort to putting up personal issues to try and get a response and on the Amityville discussion no less!

And I don't care what he says or thinks! He keeps interrupting me and my threads with crap to get a reaction and you and sherbetto know it but do nothing about it?

You are very big into this misquoting thing aren't you? It's all over this forum and your posts. Yeah, exactly, you don't totally believe in it yourself so why push a product on others if you don't buy it yourself? I don't have that problem. If there is room for doubt you have no argument. And furthermore if the Lutzes tell the truth and their original claims are legit then WHY THE DOUBT? I hear this all the time from the believers. IT SHOULD NOT BE SO IF THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH. What is the problem? And you said to me that you didn't know why you believe it too? Remember? Considering your own personal beliefs.

If I'm lying or misquoting please show me where in my breakdowns of this that I am? Most of my material is from the Lutzes themselves. Just like the priest thing! Non-practicing catholics (one not even catholic) have to have a blessing before they even move in? Then the kids & other family claim George was into the occult beforehand!

Yeah, that's me and my misinformation again and lies. All this info already out there but I just break it down better than most. I put up articles from family members and they're comments and compare them, etc then you accuse me of
lying? Lol man come on be serious.
Dan the Damned wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:13 pm
I pointed out where you were misquoting material and what-not in our previous discussions in other threads.

And again, I never said that "I don't totally believe it."

I JUST got through telling you this! I JUST got through explaining the difference between what I actually said and what you quoted me as saying! You even quoted my complaint just now in your last post! I JUST got through complaining about you misquoting me on this very issue, and STILL you misquote me once again! What the hell?

And I am not here pushing a product. Again, this is something that I have explained to you in the past. You even quoted me saying as much in this very thread. So why the confusion? This is why people think you are a troll, due to such actions.

I am not here to make people believe in the haunting. I am here (and I would hope that everyone is here) to discuss the issues and attempt to peel away the myths from what really happened (regarding the murders and haunting).

Just because I don't lay down and accept your theories of a hoax (which are frankly just old regurgitated theories made by Kaplan and others) doesn't mean that I am trying to make you believe in the haunting. I'm simply saying, "Yeah, that theory doesn't hold water because of this and that." That doesn't mean another theory might make more sense than the stupid one you just presented, mind you...
jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:11 pm
Regurgitated theories? Kaplan never saw My Amityville Horror. I believe my theories on this documentary are of my own and not his. And I've never saw anyone break it down on here like I do! if that's a troll I'll take it over brainwashed dupes any day. Fair enough? The only person who claims I'm a troll is the moron on here writing crap threads about nothing. The guy who we have to be nice to because he's going to buy the house and let us look inside. Yeah who is the troll?

Btw, you ever been to the house yourself? Also, I'm one of the very FEW people to ever get Melissa to talk on her experiences in the house and all kinds of other interesting things as well! Yep, I'm the troll and what I say is stupid but I'm interesting enough to get a Lutz whom doesn't speak out to media or others to talk about what she remains silent on? Not to mention the fact that I'm about the only poster on here that has been able to engage you & sherbetto in a debate!

I'm not sure what you mean when you state that you hope everyone on here is to discuss the issues and attempt to peel away the myths on what happened as regards to the haunting? As I said earlier, if the Lutzes are telling the truth then what is the confusion?

Take for instance George himself in one his last interviews. He says that he doesn't want to speak for Danny & Chris and that they are adults and can tell their OWN stories!?! Why would their stories be any different? Well George, that's exactly what they have been doing and "their" stories are quite different from yours.

p.s. when you said you had never read Kathy's sisters book, a smile broke out on my face. what are you afraid of?
the subject matter?? :rotate:
Dan the Damned wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
I'm one of the very FEW people to ever get Melissa to talk on her experiences in the house and all kinds of other interesting things as well!
Did you? I haven't seen that post. Can you point me to it?
jimmysmokes wrote:
Not to mention the fact that I'm about the only poster on here that has been able to engage you & sherbetto in a debate!
That's the reason I haven't asked Sherb to ban you.
jimmysmokes wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean when you state that you hope everyone on here is to discuss the issues and attempt to peel away the myths on what happened as regards to the haunting? As I said earlier, if the Lutzes are telling the truth then what is the confusion?
You recently described how Father Ray visited the house to bless it. But your description was straight from the movie, not from the Lutzes' account of what really happened. That is one instance of a myth that needs to be set straight in order to judge the story as a whole.

Judging things based on what the Lutzes have said (rather than the fiction that has been written about them).
jimmysmokes wrote:
He says that he doesn't want to speak for Danny & Chris and that they are adults and can tell their OWN stories!?! Why would their stories be any different?
Simple. He means that each family member had their own experiences in that house. Yes, there were some shared experiences, but there were also experiences where maybe 1 or 2 family members were on their own witnessing an event.
jimmysmokes wrote:
p.s. when you said you had never read Kathy's sisters book, a smile broke out on my face. what are you afraid of?
the subject matter??
I'm afraid of wasting my time reading nonsense. The people I trust on certain subjects have said the book was crap, and I believe them enough to not waste my time reading it.

If there is something incredible in that book, I'm sure people like you would bring it up. You have summarized certain things, but so far I don't see anything that seems necessarily credible.

Plus, given my first-hand experience with how you misquote me, I am wary on how you summarize others... :P
gd134 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 pm
I always knew the haunting was fake. There is also an explanation for why the house had a lot of flies.
Dan the Damned wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:27 pm
gd134 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 pm
I always knew the haunting was fake. There is also an explanation for why the house had a lot of flies.
There totally could be a valid reason for the flies. I guess. I dunno. I'm not a fly expert.

But remember, the Lutzes didn't see a bunch of flies and shout out, "Oh my GOD! Our house is haunted!"

No.

They treated it as anyone would.

It was only later on, after all the more blatant supernatural events occurred. The Lutzes went to Kathy's mom's house and regrouped and looked back on all the weird events of the past month.

Were the flies one of those weird events? Possibly. Or maybe not. Maybe it was just one of those things. But the Lutzes included it among their list of "strange events" when looking back on everything as a whole.

It's like if your car broke down on the highway. You're not sure what happened, so you tell the mechanic everything that happened leading up to the breakdown. You tell them about the car stalling the prior day. Maybe that's part of the problem, or maybe its just coincidental...
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:08 pm
Fly infestations are very easy to get, and it’s not true that flies can’t live in December. I never saw that as a sign of evil, most of all because I don’t believe in animals as a sign of evil. In this case I think it was a case of nerves to think the flies were proof of anything.

I also think the black in the toilet and smell had a natural explanation. We’ve had the same thing in our bathrooms now our house is the same age that the Amityville house was then. It’s something wrong with the pipes.

But I think if you already believe something is going on, you’ll see things like that as a sign of haunting. I believe the Lutz’s were more put off living in a murder house than they thought they’d be.
Dan the Damned wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:10 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
I think if you already believe something is going on, you’ll see things like that as a sign of haunting.
They didn't view these events as "signs of a haunting" at the time. It was after they left the house that they took the time to go over everything that went on during the last month. Certain things were odd, such as the flies. And they got mentioned along with the other stuff.

George continued to believe that the flies were seriously abnormal, especially since they claim that they killed the flies and they came right back.

I'm not an expert on flies. I've never had a horde of flies congregate at my home. If you think it has an ordinary explanation, so be it. I don't see that it matters.
Brooke Forrester wrote:
I also think the black in the toilet and smell had a natural explanation. We’ve had the same thing in our bathrooms now our house is the same age that the Amityville house was then. It’s something wrong with the pipes.
Was the water in your toilet black?
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:07 am
Dan the Damned wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:10 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
I think if you already believe something is going on, you’ll see things like that as a sign of haunting.
They didn't view these events as "signs of a haunting" at the time. It was after they left the house that they took the time to go over everything that went on during the last month. Certain things were odd, such as the flies. And they got mentioned along with the other stuff.

George continued to believe that the flies were seriously abnormal, especially since they claim that they killed the flies and they came right back.

I'm not an expert on flies. I've never had a horde of flies congregate at my home. If you think it has an ordinary explanation, so be it. I don't see that it matters.
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Was the water in your toilet black?
Well embarrassing to say but we have had a fly infestation. I don’t know how they came. My guess is one got in and laid eggs (maggots), who knows. But they all were on our kitchen door window. I never killed any, we had to get an exterminator, I won’t kill insects with my own hands (they didn’t bother me anyway).

But I figure the day the Lutz’s moved in, doors were wide open and that’s all it takes.

I also have fruit flies practically all year long, no matter how cold it is.

Yep, the water was black but mostly the inside of the bowl, which was what was described in their book.

I’m not saying theirs was exactly the same but just that even if the house was haunted, those things probably weren’t part of it.
Dan the Damned wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:33 am
Brooke Forrester wrote:
I’m not saying theirs was exactly the same
Ah, good. 'Cause George said the water never turned black. It was just the porcelain.
Brooke Forrester wrote:
but just that even if the house was haunted, those things probably weren’t part of it.

Right. But why hold back information? Like I said earlier, if your car is acting up and you take it to the mechanic, you're likely to tell the mechanic all the symptoms (even if some of the symptoms end up not being related to the problem).

The Lutzes don't know which incidents were just "weird, but coincidental" and "flat out paranormal." So they mentioned every weird event that happened.

And then everything was exaggerated by the book and movie.

You see? They are not saying "we had a lot of flies and that proves our house was haunted."

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:42 pm
You can mention everything but it’s also important to admit that not every “strange” thing that happened is the paranormal. To them these were strange occurrences but were they really. That’s my point.

I think when you’re nervous about something you’ll start to see everything as bad or a sign or whatever.

If my sister smells sulfur she assumes it’s the devil and says get behind me, Satan. Maybe she’s right maybe she isn’t but because she’s a believer in that and a nervous person, she sees everything as spiritual and I’m saying it’s not always.

I’m especially reluctant to say the flies meant anything evil because flies are not evil, or “of the devil”. Only God creates life, not Satan. And nothing God created is evil.

So flies are not a symbol of evil except human beings. made that stuff up to villainize innocent animals. If anything Satan would want us to believe God’s creatures are evil and harm them but God Himself would not want that.
jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:58 pm
Interesting to note that the ghostie boy pic (we know as Paul Bartz) that was snapped :lol: the night of the "investigation", this same person that was INSIDE the house at that time was somehow not seen by The Warrens or Laura DiDio or the others the entire night? They don't know who it was but somehow we do in here! :roll:

And what does George Lutz have to say about the pic? "We called Missy and asked her and she said 'oh' that's the little boy I used to play with inside of her room".

Along with Missy's other imaginary friends, Paul Bartz managed to sneak in some playtime with Missy long before his actual appearance during the wicked séance/night in the house!

I wonder if he appeared to Missy in human or spirit form while they were playing?

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 am
What bothers me about this is that no matter how many times someone says George and Kathy didn't blame the various things on a haunting at first, but as a whole added up over the 28 days... that doesn't really make sense!

They clearly made absolutely no attempts whatsoever to find a "natural" cause to many of these situations.
They did absolutely nothing to investigate a reason for the flies, didn't call anyone (such as an exterminator) to get to the bottom of it?
They didn't call a plumber to deal with the black stains, which can actually happen to hardware even if the water remains clear?

This is one of my "I find this increasingly implausible" issues. They fled the house after 28 days screaming "Haaaaaunted!" and called in some ghost hunters despite never once having these problems looked at by less... supernatural professionals?

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:
What bothers me about this is that no matter how many times someone says George and Kathy didn't blame the various things on a haunting at first, but as a whole added up over the 28 days... that doesn't really make sense!

They clearly made absolutely no attempts whatsoever to find a "natural" cause to many of these situations.
They did absolutely nothing to investigate a reason for the flies, didn't call anyone (such as an exterminator) to get to the bottom of it?
They didn't call a plumber to deal with the black stains, which can actually happen to hardware even if the water remains clear?

This is one of my "I find this increasingly implausible" issues. They fled the house after 28 days screaming "Haaaaaunted!" and called in some ghost hunters despite never once having these problems looked at by less... supernatural professionals?
Common sense should tell you; "let's try to live with this".

Then, realising they were in immanent danger, and on seeing the figure on the landing (do some research), it becomes too much for a family.

The brass band playing in the living quarters was the real turning point for George.

To have children and live around a threat that lives within the family is something well beyond comprehension. Applause has to go to the Lutz's for lasting those 28 days. I for sure would crumble knowing an invisible force, even if 100% for the power of good, was living in my habitat.

Not sure how much you know about the story, but a read of the Jay anson novel should give you a rough indication if how things escalated.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:36 pm
Bodie_Rose wrote:

Yes, what you state here speaks volumes. They just had the "experiences" and never made any attempts to find out what was going on? Flee the house and get a publisher. Sound legit or reasonable? And as it's been brought up before in here, do flies constitute a haunting or toilet turning black? How bout Danny's hand smashed to skin on skin? No hospital did they rush him to like the public was lied to in "Artistic License" Anson's book, however they just started bandaging his hand up and it magically healed back to normal so no doctor was necessary. See how convenient it all works!

https://sharonahill.com/DN/wp-content/u ... -bartz.jpg

And finally here is your Paul Bartz in the house! The ghostie boy so to speak. Damn, looks a heck of a lot like that "ghost" in the photo? Proof positive that everyone in that so called investigation that took place in the house is nothing more than 100% LIARS!

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:11 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:They clearly made absolutely no attempts whatsoever to find a "natural" cause to many of these situations.
The flies disappeared as quickly as they came, so they would have been nothing to investigate.

They did have someone in more than once to check the heating... which apparently was working fine!

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:36 pm
They just had the "experiences" and never made any attempts to find out what was going on?
The stuff in the their final week at the house was more than just "experiences"...

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:56 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:

Common sense should tell you; "let's try to live with this".

Then, realising they were in immanent danger, and on seeing the figure on the landing (do some research), it becomes too much for a family.

The brass band playing in the living quarters was the real turning point for George.

To have children and live around a threat that lives within the family is something well beyond comprehension. Applause has to go to the Lutz's for lasting those 28 days. I for sure would crumble knowing an invisible force, even if 100% for the power of good, was living in my habitat.

Not sure how much you know about the story, but a read of the Jay anson novel should give you a rough indication if how things escalated.
You completely avoided the issues I spoke about.

Who the $@%# says "we will try to live with" constant infestations of flies and black bathroom hardware without trying to find a plausible solution to them?

There were various issues that could be very adequately explained by "natural" causes and not once did they call in anyone other than a bunch of ghost hunters? Does that sound plausible to you?

It doesn't to me. Not that it means the whole thing is fake, but probably indicates they were a lot more susceptible to thinking of supernatural explanations than they'd care to admit.

I've read the novel, thankyou and it's 50% bull$@#% and embellished beyond all respectability.
I've read similar books by holocaust survivors who embellish the #$%@ out of their stories which unfortunately leads to a lot of questions about their validity even if they were in fact legitimately in the Nazi camps.
I've also read and listened to a number of interviews the Lutz's did where they directly contradict the novel or say certain things in it didn't happen or didn't happen the way it was written. I'd rather use those as sources as I firmly believe the book only added more fuel to the hoax theory fire.
No idea why you think it is okay to talk down to me and lecture me to do some research, just because your opinion is different.

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:They clearly made absolutely no attempts whatsoever to find a "natural" cause to many of these situations.
The flies disappeared as quickly as they came, so they would have been nothing to investigate.

They did have someone in more than once to check the heating... which apparently was working fine!
That's not true though is it? They said the flies kept coming back as fast as they could kill them and didn't George state that they were present during the Warrens investigation? It is in an interview transcript available here. Funnily enough nobody present at that investigation has ever mentioned them and a photo taken of the sewing room during it shows no such thing.

As for the heating issue, if they had that looked in to then it makes it even more astonishing that they didn't have the other problems looked at.
I dunno about anyone else but if my home was being repeatedly invaded by swarms of flying insects I'd be straight on the phone to get that seen to. I'd also be right on to a plumber about my black stinking bathroom fittings, there's no way I'd put up with those things for 2 days nevermind 28 of them.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:04 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:

Did the furnace man report of anything unusual in his time at the house? Such as cold spots, nausea, voices, flies, stink, goo, etc? I'd put him in the category of those authorities that never came to the house to check that front door. And you got that out of the book.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 52dc4db17/

Good stuff in here from 1979! So George did state they had money troubles? Hmm? Fr. Ray wasn't at the house or no where near it at anytime? Hmm, I wonder if my theory on Fr. Ray was correct after all? :)

No interaction with the police while living inside the home either. I thought Kathy said the authorities checked out that front door who couldn't explain it? No cops were ever called to the house! Another one I got correct.

Ed Warren states that if it were a hoax we (myself and Lorraine) wouldn't be in on it or the priest. :lol:

Dan, it says here that Fr. Ray knew Kathy during her first marriage. That would have been long before George entered the picture. Hard to argue with a priests' own quotes to Newsday!

That's why I started The Daily Smokes. Gonna get the real truth on here! No favoritism, no con, and you people gonna wake up and realize with real eyes the real lies you've been mislead on...

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:58 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
No interaction with the police while living inside the home either. I thought Kathy said the authorities checked out that front door who couldn't explain it? No cops were ever called to the house! Another one I got correct.
As I said before, they were fed up with dealing with all the people who'd turn up at the house all hours - no surprise to me they would deny even going there during the Lutzes time.

And there's a lot of second-hand stories in that article, plus the author thinks the DeFeo's were "drugged" :roll:

daiichi wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am
There's a great quote from George, about all the inconsistencies in their narratives:
But if we had tried to perpetrate some kind of hoax, I think we would have been much surer of when and how things happened, because we would have been inventing them.
That's precisely why they could NOT keep their stories straight. Some things probably really did happen, like the stained toilet bowls (probably from George taking a big dump and forgetting to flush) and the swarms of flies that followed. And cold spots in the house. Hard to imagine cold spots in the middle of winter in an old, Long Island house. :roll: So those parts they could keep reasonably straight.

But then the parts about floating beds, demonic pigs, ghostie marching bands and doors or windows getting blown out. The Lutz family made these up, which is why they kept changing details. Like in a police interrogation, where a detective will ask a suspect the same question several times to get different answers each time and gradually break down the lies and fish out the truth.

daiichi wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:38 am
What else am I expected to believe about a stained toilet bowl and flies? I've had stained toilet bowls in my lifetime, and one time an invasion of flies due to some garbage being neglected in the garage during the summer for a couple weeks. I think I briefly mentioned it in another thread recently. Basically, I don't see dirty toilets and flies as anything to do with paranormal activity. But since George and Kathy apparently did no investigation about the cause for either issue, we're left to draw our own conclusions. Perhaps my conclusion is a bit yucky, but it could have also been a range of other things. Such as the toilet sitting for weeks or months with no maintenance, or some garbage or dead animal hidden somewhere in the home attracting flies. Just a couple examples.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:58 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
As I said before, they were fed up with dealing with all the people who'd turn up at the house all hours - no surprise to me they would deny even going there during the Lutzes time.

And there's a lot of second-hand stories in that article, plus the author thinks the DeFeo's were "drugged" :roll:
What would one anticipate when they came out with these claims? Newspaper articles and Weber conference, etc. The Cromarty's went through much worse than the Lutzes. And didn't the police testify in court during the lawsuits they never went to the house? The cat had already been let out of the bag by then on the haunting so did they better themselves after the book came out by going on tours and lectures and tv?

Interesting to mention, when I watch that Good Morning America interview it appears to me that Kathy is on something? Her eyes are glazed and she's very relaxed and she keeps interrupting George who keeps looking at her out of the corners of his eyes with an almost "cautious" look? The same look and feeling I get when I watch her in that Histories Mysteries interview.

A pot of George's coffee perhaps? From what I've learned of from the people that were living with and around George, it's not too far fetched.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
daiichi wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am
But then the parts about floating beds, demonic pigs, ghostie marching bands and doors or windows getting blown out. The Lutz family made these up, which is why they kept changing details.
Which details do you recall changing?

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:52 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
And didn't the police testify in court during the lawsuits they never went to the house?
I'm not sure about that.
A pot of George's coffee perhaps? From what I've learned of from the people that were living with and around George, it's not too far fetched.
Ha, I'd forgotten about Kathy's sisters book with "warlock" George and his magical coffee. That's your favourite Amityville book, isn''t it? :lol:

jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:30 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:52 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
And didn't the police testify in court during the lawsuits they never went to the house?
I'm not sure about that.
Ha, I'd forgotten about Kathy's sisters book with "warlock" George and his magical coffee. That's your favourite Amityville book, isn''t it? :lol:
Well, Danny said George could levitate objects with his mind and witnessed it too! Does that constitute a "warlock"?

Actually I've been going through your boys book right now. According to your boy, he seems to differ with your take on what possessions were removed from the house by those two friends of George's. He says that they moved furniture and clothing. With that in mind it's obvious that the Warren's and Company wouldn't have found the house in the exact state they left it? It seems that the food was donated to the Salvation Army.

And your boy gave a small paragraph to the unfortunate Benny. :cry: silliness

However in the same chapter it's revealed that Fr. Ray warned the family not to go back inside the house and take any of those belongings (that they got anyway)! This was due to the fact that those possessions might contain "infestations" of negative energies that inhabit the house? :fp: In other words, be possessed and I guess endanger the Lutzes further.

Right there is PROOF positive that this Fr. Ray Charlatan is a fraud!! The same church he supposedly belongs to states that "inanimate objects cannot be possessed". And it somehow doesn't mention why Fr. Ray wasn't aware of the forces inside the house followed them anyway, so why would it matter if they went back to house? Does this make sense to anyone in here? Yeah sure it does, a bunch of nonsense

daiichi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:42 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 pm
In the above link you'll find Kathy talking of her transformation into a "hag" one night while in the house. This starts around the 13:00 minute mark. Pay close attention toward the end of the segment around 13:40 to 13:44 mark. You'll see a smirk/smile break out on her as she tries to keep a straight face. Use your pause button too, and notice the eyes look side to side ending with an odd grimace trying to remain serious.

This is pure acting and she knows it.

We gonna break it down on this new thread. Let's get into it!
It does indeed appear that Kathy is struggling to keep a straight face here. She's clearly holding something back. But whether it's humor or something else is hard to say. This is one of those Lutz stories that I've always felt there's a grain of truth in. Probably Kathy woke up in the middle of the night, without any makeup on. Tired and stressed out over their finances or marriage, or whatever else was going on in their lives at that moment.

Imagine she has creases on her face from the bedding, she's drooling (hey, some people drool in their sleep, no big deal) and the lighting in the room is bad. And she's looking at her reflection in a mirror mounted across the room. Hey, anyone could look 10 years older in those circumstances. It's really not weird at all.

But then George tells her she looks like an old woman. Such a sweet, romantic guy. And what do they do next about her sudden and inexplicable transformation to a geriatric woman. Rush to the emergency room? No of course not. They stay in the house and do nothing. lol ok sure.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:14 am
Yeah, you noticed it too. At one point the camera cuts to Kathy in another scene and she has her head down, can't even see her face?

I don't know about them being stressed out over finances and such. Ed Warren made the astonishing claim that when the Lutzes left the house, they left behind $400,000 proving that this was indeed no hoax! :think: So if this claim is true then I suspect the Lutzes would have had no trouble with an $80,000 mortgage. Seems to me they could've just bought the house outright. And considering what they "left" behind in the house they only netted around $1,600 at auction?

I put this article up here once but you might not have had a chance to see it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Any of the things in this article sound familiar? :lol:

daiichi wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:27 pm
Oh, absolutely. A lot of the people involved in the Amityville narrative were very impressionable, and allowed their personal biases about the paranormal to color all of their experiences related to that house. So yes, sleep paralysis is a perfectly reasonable explanation for some of George's stories and I've definitely considered that before.

One example would be his experience of lying in bed one night, and sensing the presence of a large, hoofed animal entering the room. He then "opened his eyes" and it wasn't there. So this is what normal, rational people would call a "nightmare". But to someone impressionable and prone to exaggeration, this wasn't a nightmare, but a REAL DEMON. It's completely asinine.

George and Kathy simply aren't credible people. I'm sorry to say that for everyone on here who want to believe this story and see the Lutz family as victims of some horrific supernatural experience. Perhaps they had other good qualities, and I bet it would have been real great to hang out with George and share one of his pots of coffee together. But let's keep in mind that this is a guy who blamed his arguments with his wife on ghosts. :?

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm
That's another thing about their whole existence changed when they moved in. According to Danny & Chris, nothing could be further from the truth. It seems before they ever moved in, they were not getting along with George at all. They claim to have been abused beforehand and even had run away at one point. So this story of them being a happy family until they moved into the house is simply not true.

Also, I find it odd (so to speak) that when they went to look at the house with the realtor, they were excited about the home and believed it was going to be a "happy" home! No bad vibes or spooks when they visited the house and only when our Fr. Ray shows up when the Lutzes do does the activity begin.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:53 pm
A desperate attempt to milk it for all they could. Unfortunately the court did not agree and accuses them of trying (solely) to tell more "tales", trying out another theory :roll: :lol:

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-court-of ... note_ref_1

This is as good as it gets! I wonder if Chris Gugas could've helped them out here once again?

daiichi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:29 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm
That's another thing about their whole existence changed when they moved in. According to Danny & Chris, nothing could be further from the truth. It seems before they ever moved in, they were not getting along with George at all. They claim to have been abused beforehand and even had run away at one point. So this story of them being a happy family until they moved into the house is simply not true.
That's a good point... I watched "My Amityville Horror" years ago and remember Danny mentioning something about running away from home at 15? I'm thinking he said 15. I may be off by a year or two. But that seemed really odd to me. Kids don't run away from home at 15 unless there is serious abuse occurring. It brings all those fights and arguments that George and Kathy blamed on the ghosts into perspective.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:10 pm
No, the incident of running away was prior to them moving into the house, when they lived in Deer Park. George said something to the effect of, "if they didn't like the way he ran the ship at home, they could leave". So they packed up some of their toys & things and left. I think they were coaxed into going back by a neighbor.

But Danny running away in his teen years, yeah that was brought up in the movie.

daiichi wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:03 am
Deer Park... so that's when they were living with Kathy's mom temporarily? Maybe parenting was a little different in the '70s. I can't imagine just letting my kids run off because of some disagreement over house rules. I never heard that story. Maybe they just went to a neighbor's house to cool off for a few hours and came back? I hope that's the case. If I were in their shoes, I'd be worried someone would contact Child Protective Services. And CPS probably wouldn't pay much mind to a plea about the house being haunted, or that ghosts and demons are following them around and causing all the hijinks.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:03 pm
Recount of it here from the book.

https://wearethemutants.com/2018/01/24/ ... nson-1977/

The whole article (review) is very good. And you have to remember that this was the mid-seventies. It was a lot different back then to how it is now on how far parents could get away with child abuse. Nowadays you can't sneeze near a child.

Fr. Ray never visited the house again here. :rotate: Yep, which stories do you choose from? And that is indeed why we're here and the need for a forum.

I guess...

jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:13 pm
http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truth/bookproposal.htm

"Discuss this on our own forum"! Ah, the good old days when Osuna was a bud & believer. But he turned dud & deceiver!

How come Ric is not an administrator on here?

jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:59 pm
I remember a few weeks ago there was a bit of a discussion about these tapes George & Kathy made, right after they left the house. As we know, or were told (at least), these tapes were made as a way for George & Kathy to help themselves as a part of "self-healing" (sort of therapy) type deal. And also to have a record account of what went down in the house. And according to Chris we learned that Kathy didn't participate in the recordings? But that's beside the point here. Anyway, our own Sherbetto clarified the point above here about why these tapes were made!

So far so good.

Skip to the 8:00 mark and start listening. Wow Chris! I didn't know that but I've often suspected! And I wonder If Mr. Anson and Co. came into the picture earlier than what we were told?

p.s. there is much more to break down in this video but for now this will suffice

msmart112 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:35 pm
I had to laugh when Christopher talked about how he could tell a creepier story than Hollywood.

This is what he did back in 2011...
TimYancey wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:04 pm
The Amityville Horror: Was it real... or just a hoax?

Have you ever wondered what the kids had to say about it?

Now is your chance to find out. My friend Christopher Quarantino (a.k.a. Lutz) is the boy who lived in the Amityville Horror House. His family was the basis for the smash hit novel, "The Amityville Horror", and a slew of movies under the same name. Christopher has finally decided it's time to tell his story. And he has chosen this Halloween Eve to do it!

Join Christopher for an amazing fireside chat, as he goes online in a special LIVE broadcast pay-per-view event!

Christopher will delve into the mysteries of Amityville... as he remembers it. I can personally guarantee you there will be some never before heard shocking revelations in regards to the story of what happened inside the house at 112 Ocean Avenue.

You can purchase an online ticket for five dollars... proceeds will go to help fund a documentary film project regarding Chris's incredible testimony about Amityville, and his life. Please show your support for my friend Christopher - the fireside chat will air live on October 30, 2011!

To purchase an online ticket - and watch the event - check out this link!

http://www.tvoop.com/channel/2787-amity ... -challenge
...it ended-up a total fiasco.

He charged people $5.00 admission and then sat around a fire rambling-on about some silly other story while only touching about his time at 112 Ocean Avenue.

If he had nothing of substance to offer in 2011...I highly doubt that he does now.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:33 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Skip to the 8:00 mark and start listening. Wow Chris! I didn't know that but I've often suspected!
You'd have to ask Chris if he really thinks those tapes were made specifically for Jay Anson. To me he's just using shorthand to say that's what the tapes ended as.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:38 am
"Shocking revelations"? :lol: Watch how silly he gets towards the end of this video. "You haven't "horror" till you heard it from him"! It's a joke to him and he's playing it. He has no qualms about Amityville or is troubled by it. The guy interviewing him is joke. Nor is anything (as usual) discussed about his time in the house.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:59 am
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:33 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Skip to the 8:00 mark and start listening. Wow Chris! I didn't know that but I've often suspected!
You'd have to ask Chris if he really thinks those tapes were made specifically for Jay Anson. To me he's just using shorthand to say that's what the tapes ended as.
I think it's safe to say that these tapes were made for a book all along. The self therapy nonsense was just thrown in as a diversion to the real end. Note also that he mentions Amityville Horror II and that the forces followed them when they left the house and ended up at Grandma's house. It's a wonder how they managed to get through 45 hours of tapes without interruption from the forces to complete the tapes? He also brings up the supposed "exorcism" his parents had to have done to rid themselves of the evil.

When one sees George & Kathy being interviewed on shows like "In Search Of" & "Good Morning America", does anyone notice anything out of the ordinary with them? Do they appear to be under duress of any sort or look like they need an exorcism? Sorry but I've never seen them at anytime appear to be other than normal people.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:57 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
He also brings up the supposed "exorcism" his parents had to have done to rid themselves of the evil.
Well, whether you believe or not it had any affect, that event did happen (in England, early 80's)
Do they appear to be under duress of any sort or look like they need an exorcism? Sorry but I've never seen them at anytime appear to be other than normal people.
They never claimed to be under attack 24/7.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:57 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
He also brings up the supposed "exorcism" his parents had to have done to rid themselves of the evil.
Well, whether you believe or not it had any affect, that event did happen (in England, early 80's)
Do they appear to be under duress of any sort or look like they need an exorcism? Sorry but I've never seen them at anytime appear to be other than normal people.
They never claimed to be under attack 24/7.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:14 pm
http://www.amityvillefaq.com/intiso.html

At the bottom you'll find Fr. Rays' comments on the needing of an exorcism. Plus, you can read George's comments (in 79) that they were glad it was over for them. If it was over then why the need for an exorcism in the eighties? Perhaps because Amityville II came out then and used to spice up the new claims?

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Let's say that the Lutz's had this exorcism and it removed the presence from them for good. One would think that the safest way to avoid any more exposure to opening this force back up in their lives, would be to disassociate themselves from all things Amityville after this exorcism. In other words, let's not try and tempt fate here or press our luck.

They never kept silent or stopped from pursuing attempts to profit off it, so I guess they weren't too worried about it returning? And isn't ironic that a priest basically is the one whom started up this whole thing to begin with, reciting prayers in the house, only to have another man of the cloth in England remove it with more prayers?

"How is it that Satan can cast out Satan" :shock: :fp:

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:27 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:14 pm
They never kept silent or stopped from pursuing attempts to profit off it, so I guess they weren't too worried about it returning?
Yeah, especially during that busy period in the late 80's and the entire 90's...

jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:45 am
From where or whom did the idea of Ronnie being possessed by the devil or spirits originate?

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:18 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:45 am
From where or whom did the idea of Ronnie being possessed by the devil or spirits originate?
Weber - after the Lutzes came to him with their story. He was in the middle of Ronnie's appeal - and remembering Ronnie said he heard a voice telling him to kill - told the press he was going to try some sort of "demonic possession" defence!

jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:27 pm
Okay.

Did this theory or "claim" ever pan out as truth? And in your own opinion, did you believe Ronnie to be possessed at the time of the murders, which might be the motive for the killings?

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:12 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:27 pm
Did this theory or "claim" ever pan out as truth?
Well no, of course not, unless it's what you believe. Even Weber didn't go as far as the courtroom with it, so he was more likely testing out public interest in the story.

The Lutzes believed it though - they couldn't see how a "normal" person could commit such an act, unheard of at the time, but unfortunately more common in recent years - so seeing as the house shaped their thoughts (something George never went into detail with, except "I was having thoughts that were not my own", their take was whatever was in there with them, was also there pre-murders.

Personally I don't see much to support that - all Ronnie's crazy behavior after his arrest can be put down to lawyers telling him to "act insane" for a lesser sentence, and this played into Weber's hands when he hyped up his "possession" story...

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:51 pm
Yeah. Ronnie later admitted that was part of the act for his defense and his "possession" was a lie.

So, Weber created this lie to help Ronnie and the Lutzes bought it and went to Weber to help him with Ronnie's appeal, and to help him get some treatment, but it wasn't true that he was possessed thus exposing there was never anything of supernatural origin residing in the house when the Defeo's lived there? Now that doesn't help much in the way of their claims does it! For example, George stated that he felt that the forces in the house weren't there when they moved in but came afterwards. That's a contradiction! Now the Defeo's were a catholic family and said rosaries (prayers) in the house for years, yet there's no record of them reporting anything of "activity" in the house. Also, they had priests in the house as we know too. So Lutzes move in on day 1 and a priest shows up to do a blessing and is attacked and yelled at and leaves house no sooner than arrives. From then on, all kinds of paranormal things start happening and Lutzes finally resort to a blessing the house themselves and a simple "Our Father" brings up voices asking them to stop?

Now, I'm expected to buy this? Years of prayers from one family and nothing (except a bum 23 year old being cutoff from money from parents and kicked out, resulting in murders), as opposed to another family moving in and a priest reciting a blessing, then an onslaught of demonic activity of forces that appeared from nowhere that eventually drove them out of the home 28 days later?

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:34 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:51 pm
So, Weber created this lie to help Ronnie and the Lutzes bought it and went to Weber to help him with Ronnie's appeal, and to help him get some treatment
No, the Lutzes went to him first... Weber then decided to use Ronnie's mad episodes as a possible "possession".
but it wasn't true that he was possessed thus exposing there was never anything of supernatural origin residing in the house when the Defeo's lived there? Now that doesn't help much in the way of their claims does it!
We can't say it wasn't true. Weber never believed it, sure. But to the Lutzes there remained the possibility it was there before them.
For example, George stated that he felt that the forces in the house weren't there when they moved in but came afterwards. That's a contradiction! Now the Defeo's were a catholic family and said rosaries (prayers) in the house for years, yet there's no record of them reporting anything of "activity" in the house.
I didn't realise the paranormal world was this black and white! Of course the DeFeo house wasn't haunted in the way the Lutzes said it was, so I think you are stretching to say a simple prayer would have awaken something pre-murders.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:54 pm
Of course I'm "stretching it"! I'd have to, to cover what we've been told and try to make sense of it.

We have no record of anything of that nature residing in the house, pre-murders. So that theory won't hold. As far as Ronnie being under possession at the time of murders, I think it's safe to say that (considering the events leading up to the killings) it was not the work of Pazuzu, but rather what we know really led to the murders. But if you have any evidence of something being there before the Lutzes, do share!

First instance of the paranormal we hear about is not when Lutzes go look at the house first time, no actually far from it that day as it's a happy house! The problems start on moving day with the arrival of Mr. Holy Man & his blessing that seems to end as soon as he starts it. Poor Danny didn't even get to speak with Fr. Ray, it was that quick, over and out. And might I throw in that Kathy told her son not to worry about it because they would see the man on Sunday? Mass, Kathy? Hmm, thought they weren't practicing at that time? And we know for a fact they didn't cross paths again until exiting the house. But the seed had been planted to start the ball rolling. And that brings me to the comment you made about the paranormal (black & white) not so?

Let me ask all inhabitants of this forum. In your guys & gals recollections of anything to do with the paranormal, which would only include what one sees from Hollywood movies & TV documentaries and books (ghost written :lol: ), what is always the key ingredient point that triggers off the activity in these stories? The main "culprit" if you will? :pray:

I'll leave this to be answered by one of the 100 or so, deaf-mutes that frequent this forum everyday but do not speak! "Ephrata" be thou opened

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:29 pm
To answer your questions, seems from what I see is that what invites activity is a tragedy and/or someone trying to conjure something up.

What I never understood about the book was how they tried to blame everything but the murders for the activity. I believe they didn’t do it because they were afraid of offending the DeFeo family members and because they thought it was more exciting to add on witches, demons Indians and make the house into a sort of character, like the shark in Jaws.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 pm
And don't leave out spiritualism, in all it's mundane forms. Remember, it took a priest and a blessing to start the activity, that might have been there the whole time? First day no less. Impeccable timing! I do wonder if Fr. Ray never come over at all, would the Lutzes still be living there perhaps? Indeed a question no one has ever asked.

I think you bring up a good point though. With possible (ridiculous) theories, one could blame it on or keep speculating till kingdom come, like they do, instead of just settling on the truth...

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 pm
There are some claims the priest never came, only spoke on the phone with them, but then I thought he said he was told to get out? I don’t know which version is the accepted truth.

Then we have people saying George was into the occult but he says he wasn’t but told Kaplan he met a practicing witch (Ray Buckland) and had talks with him. Did George ever verify that?

I just always thought it was a little suspicious with the wording in the book where they implicate right away that the paranormal activity/bad vibes couldn’t have come from the murders but was already there. Example, Kathy saying, “do you think it’s haunted? By what?”. Wouldn’t most people think by the people who died there brutally a year before?

Or George replying to the bartender who asked “do you think there’s something bad about the place? I mean with the murders?” And George waves his hand dismissively and says, “No, no, nothing like that. I just wondered if he (Ronald Jr) said anything before, err, that night” (about the house).

Just seems odd the Lutz’s are so sure their haunting has nothing to do with the DeFeo’s murders but was there way before that.

Like I said, in my mind, Anson did it deliberately so as not to imply to the DeFeos living relatives that their spirits weren’t at rest. More exciting to say the murders were caused by demons, witches and tortured Indians, and say them and previous tenants of the house long dead were haunting it. And less likely to offend any living relatives.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:32 pm
Let's do a little breakdown of this so called lie detector test that was administered on June 21, 1979. Keep in mind that this came right before the release of the movie. Yeah we'll get into that.

http://www.amityvillefiles.com/wp-conte ... part_2.jpg

question #2, yes was the response given by George that they fled in terror and we're in fear for their lives. Well now, we've since learned that the Lutzes didn't actually flee the house after the levitating or being constricted to the beds or Danny & Chris's beds bouncing off the floor and ceiling! Well, Danny says they did but we'll stick with George and the test here. George claimed that after the final night of the horrific events took place, they didn't actually flee in terror that night, rather they got out of bed in the morning, went down and discussed the previous nights events over breakfast. :think: Seems they even sent the kids off to school and then left the home later that afternoon?

In my book this does not qualify as to fleeing your home in terror! Nor fearful for ones life. So the response to this question is a 100% lie. And if they had to leave because of levitating in the house, question 3 shoots that down quickly as it would seem that the forces had followed them and could attack them at any house. I'm wondering why the next question on this silly test wasn't, "Were you in fear for your lives after levitating at Kathy's mothers house"? :clap: That would seem reasonable wouldn't it to ask that being they levitated after leaving the house!

No, what you have here is an obvious Hollywood stunt to publicize the forthcoming movie a month later and the book, by that time was selling like hotcakes and the story had gained nationwide attention. These dumb questions were given to the Lutzes in advance and publicity shots were taken so they could sell it to the dumb masses in The Star magazine (tabloid trash) to keep the cash cow going and promote the stupid movie!

Lie detector test :lol: absolutely ridiculous

devilbustedinct wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:05 pm
I’ve also wondered the same things about thIs particular lie detector test. Of course we all know they aren’t exactly reliable, nor is anything obtained from them admissible in court. There’s a lot a lie detector test can tell you, and a lot that it can’t. They can be beaten, fooled, and/or misunderstood. In fact, a long running TV show, Steve Wilkos (who scooped up the leftover BS from the ridiculous, but entertaining “Jerry Springer” show) bases the entire outcome of many of his shows on the results of a lie detector test, as if it’s results are absolute truth and Gospel. Complaints of the test being administered numerous times, often after lack of sleep and/or under stressful conditions, doesn't help
their credibility or trusting the accuracy of these tests and their results.

I’ve wondered about this very contradiction. It doesn’t seem to make much sense to me. Perhaps I am misunderstanding. Was this test given at a point where George and Kathy should be fleeing for their lives (Based on crazy sh*t happening that would have any normal people heading for the hills)?

Any input, however redundant, would be appreciated.

Brendan72 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:35 pm
It is interesting how they both passed the test run by the two most respected experts at the time, one being Chris Gugas. The caveats for the Lutz's participating in these tests was it be conducted by the best in the profession at that time.

Does this mean the test itself is 100% reliable - is anything reliable to such a high percentile? if you asked Chris Gugas this exact question framed in this way, I am not sure if he would answer definitively. But then again I am not him and do not know if he is still alive to ask.

If you also watched a number of true crime shows a common approach for law enforcement is to give suspects lie detector tests. They are not admissible in court, but they are still used by law enforcement - whether by all or some I do not know or can comment. But if they are used a psychological tool against suspects - if they refused they would be elevated on the suspect list whereas if they agreed they would either be ruled out. Or if they were a sociopath they could believe they would beat it flying colours.

The lie detector test is a huge grey area in terms of reliability. But the polygraph I believe is the first stage of such technology as I believe they would be able to refine the process and get more reliable results - that being said I do not know for sure if even that would be an exact science.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:02 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
In my book this does not qualify as to fleeing your home in terror!
I think you're reading too much into it. The word "fled" is used because they never went back, although yeah, they didn't flee like in the movie.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:20 pm
devilbustedinct wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:05 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Let's do a little breakdown of this so called lie detector test that was administered on June 21, 1979. Keep in mind that this came right before the release of the movie. Yeah we'll get into that.

http://www.amityvillefiles.com/wp-conte ... part_2.jpg

question #2, yes was the response given by George that they fled in terror and we're in fear for their lives. Well now, we've since learned that the Lutzes didn't actually flee the house after the levitating or being constricted to the beds or Danny & Chris's beds bouncing off the floor and ceiling! Well, Danny says they did but we'll stick with George and the test here. George claimed that after the final night of the horrific events took place, they didn't actually flee in terror that night, rather they got out of bed in the morning, went down and discussed the previous nights events over breakfast. :think: Seems they even sent the kids off to school and then left the home later that afternoon?

In my book this does not qualify as to fleeing your home in terror! Nor fearful for ones life. So the response to this question is a 100% lie. And if they had to leave because of levitating in the house, question 3 shoots that down quickly as it would seem that the forces had followed them and could attack them at any house. I'm wondering why the next question on this silly test wasn't, "Were you in fear for your lives after levitating at Kathy's mothers house"? :clap: That would seem reasonable wouldn't it to ask that being they levitated after leaving the house!

No, what you have here is an obvious Hollywood stunt to publicize the forthcoming movie a month later and the book, by that time was selling like hotcakes and the story had gained nationwide attention. These dumb questions were given to the Lutzes in advance and publicity shots were taken so they could sell it to the dumb masses in The Star magazine (tabloid trash) to keep the cash cow going and promote the stupid movie!

Lie detector test :lol: absolutely ridiculous
I’ve also wondered the same things about thIs particular lie detector test. Of course we all know they aren’t exactly reliable, nor is anything obtained from them admissible in court. There’s a lot a lie detector test can tell you, and a lot that it can’t. They can be beaten, fooled, and/or misunderstood. In fact, a long running TV show, Steve Wilkos (who scooped up the leftover BS from the ridiculous, but entertaining “Jerry Springer” show) bases the entire outcome of many of his shows on the results of a lie detector test, as if it’s results are absolute truth and Gospel. Complaints of the test being administered numerous times, often after lack of sleep and/or under stressful conditions, doesn't help
their credibility or trusting the accuracy of these tests and their results.

I’ve wondered about this very contradiction. It doesn’t seem to make much sense to me. Perhaps I am misunderstanding. Was this test given at a point where George and Kathy should be fleeing for their lives (Based on crazy sh*t happening that would have any normal people heading for the hills)?

Any input, however redundant, would be appreciated.
I'm not sure what you're getting at? They didn't flee in terror because there was nothing to flee from. Not to mention that thing followed them (they claim) to other homes so the test questions are pointless! Besides, it wouldn't do for them to move back into the house would it? It would kind of ruin the whole story so what better way to milk it by moving out and having "it" follow you for more terror! Please make note of the timing of the test as to the release of the movie. What you have here is a Hollywood Psyop!!

They sent their kids off to school the next morning (seemingly unfazed by the prior nights events) as if nothing had happened? Then sometime during the day, we're led to believe that George & Kathy thought it best to move out, (flee), if you will? Imagine Danny & Chris going off to school and at their age being able to keep silent about what had occurred overnight at their house! "WELL DON'T TELL ANYONE AT SCHOOL, CHILDREN", WE'LL FIGURE THIS WHOLE THING OUT LATER". :lol: Tell you what, let's get into that a bit.

George once stated that he was worried that the forces might try and keep the van from starting up when they decided to leave for good. Okay, let's try and use common sense here (something that the Lutzes seem to lack), suppose this theory played out. Would it have dawned upon George or the others that "hey the van won't start", let's go next door and call someone to come get us? Or, (resorting to drastic measures) let's tough it out and make the difficult journey down Ocean Avenue (a few blocks) to the local strip mall and call a family member or friend? :fp:

So, :lol: the fleeing in terror option doesn't work considering they didn't really flee in terror. But what the hell, let's say (for argument) that they did. Well, they still levitated outside the house and claimed other phenomenon, so what exactly did they flee from?

Or flee to, I should say? BINGO

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:26 pm
Brooke, I moved my response on the Indians to here so I could post this article on my thread. Don't worry it keeps in line with what we were discussing, among other goodies. :rotate:

https://www.grunge.com/72424/untold-tru ... le-horror/

As far as I know, Anson did use the Shinnecocks as the tribe residing on the land theory. I think Holzer expanded on the theory with his medium but I would bet that old Weber told the Lutzes about it and it ended up in the tapes they gave him. Pay close attention to the pop-up about the Indian Burial Ground theory on this article! ;)

p.s. I had to toss this jib in here for those who read this article. About Fr. Ray and his blessing! I remember once reading about a certain theory regarding this "blessing" on this forum.

I wonder if that guy was actually on to something?

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:24 am
Thanks for the article. It’s good to know the “insane asylum” story was debunked. I never believed that anyway, I didn’t believe Native Americans would do that.

I wonder why Anson chose the Shinnecock tribe to make this accusation against if they didn’t even live near the house. Maybe the name sounded spookier? I don’t know....

I still will never understand why the DeFeo murder victims didn’t jump out at anyone as the cause of the supposed activity and instead they wanted to believe it was haunted way before that. Because of Ronnie’s “voices” comment? But all that could indicate was he was nuts, lying or fried his brain with drugs.

What was said about the house blessing? I don’t remember that thread.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:17 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:24 am
Thanks for the article. It’s good to know the “insane asylum” story was debunked. I never believed that anyway, I didn’t believe Native Americans would do that.

I wonder why Anson chose the Shinnecock tribe to make this accusation against if they didn’t even live near the house. Maybe the name sounded spookier? I don’t know....

I still will never understand why the DeFeo murder victims didn’t jump out at anyone as the cause of the supposed activity and instead they wanted to believe it was haunted way before that. Because of Ronnie’s “voices” comment? But all that could indicate was he was nuts, lying or fried his brain with drugs.

What was said about the house blessing? I don’t remember that thread.
I guess to provide an explanation as to the haunting, they had to blame it something. Spirits (demons) I can buy for a haunting but Indians and burial grounds? Like I already pointed out, there would be a lot more of that going on but they were just people. I don't think they have any more power than anyone else does after death and yes, bad things happen to people in this world but death comes for everyone regardless and once you're gone, you don't come back.

That's a good question you ask about Anson. Probably made it spookier! His book was written really quick and his research was poor which is why there were so many errors (lies) in it but good story, like Kaplan admitted.

Maybe no one wanted to blame it on the victims because it would be cruel? Ronnie's "voices" was all an act and scheme for a defense. He admitted that later on.

Lol, the blessing was a theory that I posted on here, on this thread (I think)? What the person suggested about it in this article tied in to what I wrote concerning the blessing and the haunting. When I found this article, I was struck by it because the person who wrote it sounds like me. :clap:

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:56 pm
I guess it’s the idea that the Native Americans were often treated poorly so if people built over their burial grounds, it’s like another slap in the face to them. And it’s just fear of cemeteries in general. It wouldn’t matter if it was another race that was desecrated.

Just like with the Black Hope Curse story, it was African-American slaves who’s graves were built over.

When you said, it’s just people, it made me think of a line from Poltergeist, lol. You ever see that movie? I won’t say what line it was in case you haven’t seen it and want to.

My theory on why the murders weren’t blamed is that the DeFeo family had just been murdered a year before, they were in the news for a terrible tragedy, in terrible grief.

Imagine how much more pain it would bring them to have people who moved into their house saying it’s haunted and paranormal experts imply their spirits are not at rest.

That would be especially upsetting to devoutly religious people like that family was.

By blaming long dead former tenants, Indians, a long dead “witch” and demons, not only do you protect the family but you make a much more scary story. And you don’t get any possible law suits since those people’s families are probably long gone.

At least I think this was Anson’s reasoning.

I sort of remember the blessing discussion, was it that you thought it was made up to add an authenticity to the story? I will have to go back and read the posts.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:57 am
Also, this wasn't a typical haunting where spirits were seen - the ghostboy photo was found after the book came out - which may be why Anson looked elsewhere.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:16 am
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:56 pm
I guess it’s the idea that the Native Americans were often treated poorly so if people built over their burial grounds, it’s like another slap in the face to them. And it’s just fear of cemeteries in general. It wouldn’t matter if it was another race that was desecrated.

Just like with the Black Hope Curse story, it was African-American slaves who’s graves were built over.

When you said, it’s just people, it made me think of a line from Poltergeist, lol. You ever see that movie? I won’t say what line it was in case you haven’t seen it and want to.

My theory on why the murders weren’t blamed is that the DeFeo family had just been murdered a year before, they were in the news for a terrible tragedy, in terrible grief.

Imagine how much more pain it would bring them to have people who moved into their house saying it’s haunted and paranormal experts imply their spirits are not at rest.

That would be especially upsetting to devoutly religious people like that family was.

By blaming long dead former tenants, Indians, a long dead “witch” and demons, not only do you protect the family but you make a much more scary story. And you don’t get any possible law suits since those people’s families are probably long gone.

At least I think this was Anson’s reasoning.

I sort of remember the blessing discussion, was it that you thought it was made up to add an authenticity to the story? I will have to go back and read the posts.
Yeah, I saw the original Poltergeist movie and remember the quote.

The priest was needed to start the whole thing. It's now the oldest "cliché" in the book as to hauntings & movies about paranormal. What better way to prove a haunting than have a priest show up and get attacked. The timing of his arrival couldn't be more perfect and blatantly obvious. He's there, he splits just as quick. Why does he never come back, bring another priest to try another blessing or investigate?

Interesting to note that George's & Danny's version of this blessing differ once again.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:20 am
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:57 am
Also, this wasn't a typical haunting where spirits were seen - the ghostboy photo was found after the book came out - which may be why Anson looked elsewhere.
What about the hooded demon at the top of the stairs? Or the demon in the fireplace? Or the spooky figure at the end of Chris's bed? The appearance of Jodie also?

lostinthe50s81 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:29 pm
They believed that the haunting caused the DeFeo murders, not the other way around.

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:08 pm
lostinthe50s81 wrote:
They believed that the haunting caused the DeFeo murders, not the other way around.
I know, which is what I thought was a little bit odd, at least as it was described in the book.

Example, Kathy says, “Do you think it’s haunted? By what?”

Maybe one or more of the six people murdered in their sleep?

Or the scene of George dismissing the bartender when he asks, “Do you think there’s something bad about the place? I mean, now after the murders?”

“George waved a hand. ‘No, no, I was just wondering if he said anything about the house before, er, that night’”.

To me it was just strange that the book immediately started pushing the “House was already haunted and that caused Ronnie to kill” theory and that George nor Kathy never thought it could be the murder victims.

The Villisca axe murders house had a similar story but paranormal investigators focus on the murder victims as the source. There was one mention of the obligatory Indians though.....

And just curious, for those who do believe the house was haunted before the murders, do you believe Ronnie was possessed? If so, by what?

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:07 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:08 pm
lostinthe50s81 wrote:
I know, which is what I thought was a little bit odd, at least as it was described in the book.

Example, Kathy says, “Do you think it’s haunted? By what?”

Maybe one or more of the six people murdered in their sleep?

Or the scene of George dismissing the bartender when he asks, “Do you think there’s something bad about the place? I mean, now after the murders?”

“George waved a hand. ‘No, no, I was just wondering if he said anything about the house before, er, that night’”.

To me it was just strange that the book immediately started pushing the “House was already haunted and that caused Ronnie to kill” theory and that George nor Kathy never thought it could be the murder victims.

The Villisca axe murders house had a similar story but paranormal investigators focus on the murder victims as the source. There was one mention of the obligatory Indians though.....

And just curious, for those who do believe the house was haunted before the murders, do you believe Ronnie was possessed? If so, by what?
I hope Ronnie one day is allowed to tell the story. Its a bit frustrating he is denied his parole almost every year. Rehabilitation doesn't seem to work too good in the US prison system.

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:12 pm
I admit I don’t know a lot about our justice system even though I am American. But I assume they think Ronnie is still a danger. If anything he seems like he would need to be in a psychiatric facility, at least from what I’ve seen. He probably ruined his mind with the drugs. I don’t know if I think he’d kill again but I don’t know he could make it in society, not on his own.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:33 pm
He'd have to be doing an awful lot of drugs to permenantly damage his mind. I do think he had issues which allowed him to become influenced by the energy in that house though. But also we can learn something from him as with all offenders. I think the gun laws in the US also need to be looked at. No one should have free reign to buy whatever gun they want.

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:17 pm
People can permanently damage their brain with drugs, I’ve seen it.

I thought there were supposed to be background checks for guns. I’ve never bought one so I don’t know.

lostinthe50s81 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:58 pm
Back in the early 70's, I don't think you had to go through much to buy a rifle or shotgun. I think it was only handguns that required anything. I may be wrong though

jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:39 pm
"If you look on the moose ear you'll see a face". "Saint Padre Pio". ...George Lutz...

oh boy :lol: :lol: :lol:

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm

In the end, this tale of horror and demonic possession was debunked by the Catholic Diocese of Rockville Center, the Amityville Police Department, William Weber (Butch DeFeo's defense attorney), U.S. District Court Judge Jack Weinstein, and even George and Kathy Lutz, who ended up recanting certain parts of the tale.

Recant certain parts huh? Yeah its called damage control.

He arrived to perform the blessing while George and Kathy were unpacking their belongings on the afternoon of December 18, 1975 and went into the building to carry out the rites. When he flicked the first holy water and began to pray, he heard a masculine voice demand that he "get out". When leaving the house, Father Mancuso did not mention this incident to either George or Kathy. On December 24, 1975, Father Mancuso called George Lutz and advised him to stay out of the second floor room where he had heard the mysterious voice.

Uh, yeah. As we see here the stories don't actually match up on our friendly priest and the Lutz version.

After getting in touch with Father Mancuso, the Lutzes decided to take some belongings and stay at Kathy's mother's house in nearby Deer Park, New York, until they had sorted out the problems with the house. They claimed that the phenomena followed them there, with the final scene of Anson's book describing "greenish-black slime" coming up the staircase towards them. On January 14, 1976, George and Kathy Lutz, with their three children and their dog Harry, left 112 Ocean Avenue, leaving all of their possessions behind. The next day, a mover arrived to remove the possessions to send to the Lutzes. He reported no paranormal phenomena while inside the house.

What possessions? Lol I thought they left them behind? What's this next day stuff? I thought they held an auction later on to sell off their junk? Who was the "mover"? And yeah, the mover didn't report any activity while in the house. Hell, it had already moved out with the Lutzes to torment them at the next place. And so on and so on.

ridiculous

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Let's take a look at these statements.

Due to the property's grim reputation, a friend of George's suggests the house should be blessed by a Catholic priest. "I was a Methodist, so this was new and foreign to me at the time.", recalls George. "Father Ray showed up shortly after we were in the process of moving in. I waved, he waved, and he went on in the house and went about blessing it. When he was done, I tried to pay him but he wouldn’t take money. He said, ‘No, you don’t charge for this, and you don’t charge friends for this.’ I thought that was a very kind thing to say, and then he said, ‘You know, I felt something really strange in that one upstairs bedroom,’ and he described the bedroom. And we said that’s what we were going to use as a sewing room. We weren’t going to use it as a bedroom. He said, ‘That’s good, as long as no one sleeps in there.’ And that’s all he said, and he left."

So Fr. Ray shows up after you & family were already moving in. In another statement you (George) made the claim that the family were waiting outside for Fr. Ray to show up and do the blessing before you started moving in? "Something strange about the upstairs bedroom"? Like what? And why couldn't anyone sleep in there? George states that they were going to use it for the sewing room. How convenient! js

And most dramatically, Kathy claims that after waking from a deep sleep, her face was that of an old hag that took hours to dissipate.

Not going to a hospital and having a doctor look at you, even after it took hours to dissipate? Guess it wasn't that bad?js

Even the Lutz children began to argue more than usual, resulting in terrible beatings from their parents.

Were they worse than the beatings they got before moving in to the home? js

"I just didn’t want to leave the house.", George says. "We would invite people over instead of going to see them. There came a point when we would invite people over to see whether we were crazy or not. Because when our friends sat in the kitchen, they could hear the people walking around upstairs after the kids had been put to bed. We’d all go up and find the kids fast asleep. There was no way it was the kids -- and when your friends confirm that for you, you almost want to break down and say out loud, ‘I’m not crazy. They hear it too!’ That is such an emotional moment when someone else confirms for you what you’re hearing and that it’s not just you hearing it -- it’s not your imagination.”

Who were these friends? Not much mention of any of this in the book! js

I was lying in bed and everyone was asleep, and Kathy lifts up off the bed and starts to slide away from the bed and away from me,” Lutz said. “I feel something get in the bed with us. I’m unable to move, I hear the kids beds continually slamming up and down on the floor and being dragged. We heard these pigeons on the air conditioner top overhead from the master bathroom, and they’re fluttering all night long and yet there are no pigeons there the next morning -- or any nest or anything like that. The lights flickered. We brought the dog up to stay right by the bedroom. We tied him right to the doorknob and he’s up, going in circles, and throwing up all night.

You woke just in time to find Kathy levitating. Amazing timing I'd say! Were the kids still sleeping when the beds were slamming and dragging on the floor? Pigeons on top of the air conditioner making noise but no pigeons? That's a new one on me? "We brought the dog up to stay right by the bedroom and tied him to the doorknob"?? Uh, who's this we? I thought everyone was sleeping through this? How were you able to get out of the bed to go get the dog when you were unable to move? So the dog gets tied to the doorknob and he's going around in circles, (making noise), and he's puking all night? js

You were able to go back to sleep, I guess, with that noise and a dog vomiting? The vomit didn't keep you awake or awake Kathy? Wheew wee that would stink! Could one really sleep through this or not awake? js

The boys came down in the morning absolutely frightened. They were unable to get down to me, and I was unable to get up to them. Missy came in and just asked what was that all about? And Kathy had no memory of much of it. That day we spent trying to get a hold of Father Ray, and he said all the right words.”

Hmm, Danny said y'all left the house that night? You were also unable to get out of bed but managed to get up from bed and get the dog? Incredible. Fr. Ray you got a hold of and he said all the right words. Yeah, I'm sure he does. Without him from day one, you don't have a selling point but he always saves the day for you. js

Mr. Dan? Can you explain any of this to me, help me out here? I see contradictions in this aplenty.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:43 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pm
In another statement you (George) made the claim that the family were waiting outside for Fr. Ray to show up and do the blessing before you started moving in?
What's the source for this one?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:57 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm
Uh, yeah. As we see here the stories don't actually match up on our friendly priest and the Lutz version.
That's because you quote from an article which states "The next day, a mover arrived to remove the possessions to send to the Lutzes" when know he wasn't a "mover" and it didn't happen "the next day".

Also, it's hard to know whe you are quoting someone, but putting those quotes in italics would help!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:57 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:57 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm
That's because you quote from an article which states "The next day, a mover arrived to remove the possessions to send to the Lutzes" when know he wasn't a "mover" and it didn't happen "the next day".

Also, it's hard to know whe you are quoting someone, but putting those quotes in italics would help!

Well it says so right here. And you weren’t there the next day so how do you know.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:58 am

Dan the Damned wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:43 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
In another statement you (George) made the claim that the family were waiting outside for Fr. Ray to show up and do the blessing before you started moving in?
The source would be George. I’ve brought this up before in here and compared it against Danny’s version.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:16 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:57 am
Well it says so right here. And you weren’t there the next day so how do you know.
Who says? You didn't even name the source!

I wasn't there. but Kaplan was, two months later... If George's arch-nemesis said the sale happened then, and George said the sale happened then, where's the dispute?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 am

Not talking about two months later, talking about someone going in the next day and getting the personal stuff they wanted. That makes sense because what if they waited and the house burned down or someone broke into it, they would’ve lost it.

I guess the source would have been a friend of the family? You can look it up online.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:18 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 am
Not talking about two months later, talking about someone going in the next day and getting the personal stuff they wanted. That makes sense because what if they waited and the house burned down or someone broke into it, they would’ve lost it.
They always said they intended to move back into the house, so no need to rescue anything until later.

The "they went back the following day and held a yard sale" has always been a misrepresentation of really happened two months later. The "mover" quote is just a variation of the same false information. Unless you can trace it back to someone actually claiming to be there.
I guess the source would have been a friend of the family? You can look it up online.
Throwing up any old unsubstantiated quote from the internet will not do your arguments any favours!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:38 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:58 am
Dan the Damned wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:43 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
The source would be George. I’ve brought this up before in here and compared it against Danny’s version.
If "George was the source" that would mean you got the information directly from George.

By "source" I mean where was this information (about the family waiting outside for Father Ray to show up) published. Did you read it in a newspaper article? Hear it in an interview?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Yes, I heard George speak about it in an interview. No, I wasn't standing with a mic to his mouth when he said it.

Is this document true? :lol:

http://amityvillemurders.com/wp-content ... _small.jpg

Yeah I bet he was concerned over the publicity! Leave of absence for personal reasons? :lol:

"Get Out" while the gettin' was good. You can also check out the court papers on the above site dealing with this reprobate, I mean priest. Of course some in here will try and discredit the source by saying the papers are doctored I'm sure.

btw, A one, Will Savive, lists in his book the top 5 Amityville Truther sites one can go to find info. He puts Ric's site at #2!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:18 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 am
They always said they intended to move back into the house, so no need to rescue anything until later.

The "they went back the following day and held a yard sale" has always been a misrepresentation of really happened two months later. The "mover" quote is just a variation of the same false information. Unless you can trace it back to someone actually claiming to be there.
Throwing up any old unsubstantiated quote from the internet will not do your arguments any favours!
I didn't say they had a garage sale the next day! I'm saying that (it appears) that the Lutzes had a friend go back the next day and get the personal stuff they wanted or needed. The sale came later! And I buy this theory 100%. No way they'd leave behind everything in that house and not get some of the personal stuff immediately.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:38 pm
Yes, I heard George speak about it in an interview. No, I wasn't standing with a mic to his mouth when he said it.

You still haven't told me what interview so I can check it out for myself. And yet you ask a new question.

Can you see why your questions don't get answers? You keep jumping from one question to another like a bunny rabbit in heat, and you seem to abandon your previous questions.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:09 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 pm
I didn't say they had a garage sale the next day! I'm saying that (it appears) that the Lutzes had a friend go back the next day and get the personal stuff they wanted or needed. The sale came later! And I buy this theory 100%. No way they'd leave behind everything in that house and not get some of the personal stuff immediately.
He later sent friends into the house to retrieve stuff, just before the "sale" - up until then, George stated the plan was to "fix the house" and move back in.

Unless you heard otherwise!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
btw, A one, Will Savive, lists in his book the top 5 Amityville Truther sites one can go to find info. He puts Ric's site at #2!
Good for him. Why should we care? Is Will Savive a god to you?

Will Savive is a plagiarist and a hack. He went around to various Amityville websites (including this one), copied a bunch of information, and released it (a lot of it word-for-word) as "his own book."

He is a lowlife scum. Surprised that I don't give a toss about his opinions?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:17 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Good for him. Why should we care? Is Will Savive a god to you?

Will Savive is a plagiarist and a hack. He went around to various Amityville websites (including this one), copied a bunch of information, and released it (a lot of it word-for-word) as "his own book."

He is a lowlife scum. Surprised that I don't give a toss about his opinions?
No, he's not a god to me. I don't worship idols. But it seems like you worship George Lutz? You defend him when he and his claims have been discredited over the years? Even by some of his own his own family members.

That's interesting that Savive copied a bunch of info from Amityville websites, and released it as his own book.

That anything like George & Kathy going to Weber for information about the Defeo's, using crime scene pics and suggestions from Weber to run off and get another publisher and author for that book of fiction they had their names on?

No, I'm not surprised you claim you don't give a toss for his opinions. But it sure appears that you're bothered by them! But that's you. Anyone you're at odds with in the world of Amityville, usually resorts to name calling and whining about them with attacks.

I don't believe in the Lutzes claims, however I have nothing against them and have no reason to attack them with verbal assaults.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:33 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:

You still haven't told me what interview so I can check it out for myself. And yet you ask a new question.

Can you see why your questions don't get answers? You keep jumping from one question to another like a bunny rabbit in heat, and you seem to abandon your previous questions.
Dan, I once did a whole breakdown of this "blessing" thing. What I found was that George's version did not match up with Danny's version. I just read a bit of Ric's original draft of the book he was working on with George. The part about Fr. Ray and the blessing, once again, did not match up with George's or Danny's claims. Especially the time frames of this so-called meeting. So, once again, I'm questioning this whole thing. The reason I listed the link about Fr. Ray & the letter is because it ties into this. If the above link is TRUE, well that says it all.

I guess I'll have to get this interview/source/link to satisfy you. It's just like the Rick Moran call. I have no choice but to finally see/agree with your claim that he outright lied in the phone call.

But as not to piss you off, I'll give you what you were trying to convince us all of in here.

You're right and everybody else is wrong!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm

and according to George, the Lutz family was unpacking their stuff from a rental van when Father Pecoraro went inside the house by himself.

Read More: https://www.grunge.com/

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm
and according to George, the Lutz family was unpacking their stuff from a rental van when Father Pecoraro went inside the house by himself.

Once again I wrote an entire post regarding this quote and it deleted everything only putting up this just now.

When I submitted it just now, it said you can no longer make any new posts to this thread or edits.

I give up

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:45 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:17 pm
But it seems like you worship George Lutz? You defend him when he and his claims have been discredited over the years? Even by some of his own his own family members.
I defend him when the situation calls for it. Other times not. As an example, George feels the "ghostie boy photo" is a genuine photo of a ghost. I think it is an accidental photo of Paul Bartz. Would I do this if I worshiped the man and defended him at all costs, as you suggest?

Again, you know better. You've thrown this false accusation at me before, and you refuse to accept that you are wrong about it.

jimmysmokes wrote:
That's interesting that Savive copied a bunch of info from Amityville websites, and released it as his own book.

That anything like George & Kathy going to Weber for information about the Defeo's, using crime scene pics and suggestions from Weber to run off and get another publisher and author for that book of fiction they had their names on?
You can google the word "plagiarism" or ask your mommy what it means if that will help you understand.

jimmysmokes wrote:
No, I'm not surprised you claim you don't give a toss for his opinions. But it sure appears that you're bothered by them! But that's you. Anyone you're at odds with in the world of Amityville, usually resorts to name calling and whining about them with attacks.

I don't believe in the Lutzes claims, however I have nothing against them and have no reason to attack them with verbal assaults.
I'm bothered that Savive plagiarized my research. For that he deserves the verbal attack.

Regarding name calling and whining, take a look in the mirror at your own posts!

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:33 pm
Dan, I once did a whole breakdown of this "blessing" thing. What I found was that George's version did not match up with Danny's version. I just read a bit of Ric's original draft of the book he was working on with George. The part about Fr. Ray and the blessing, once again, did not match up with George's or Danny's claims. Especially the time frames of this so-called meeting. So, once again, I'm questioning this whole thing. The reason I listed the link about Fr. Ray & the letter is because it ties into this. If the above link is TRUE, well that says it all.
It's very simple. You stated that George "made the claim that the family were waiting outside for Fr. Ray to show up and do the blessing before they started moving in." You said you heard this in an interview, and you want me to comment on it.

You have a history of misrepresenting events and misquoting people. So I would like to see (or hear) this interview before I comment. Because I fully expect to come back at you with "that's not what was said." Because that's how these things go -- you make :) flower :) up and we call you on it and then you stomp your feet and say, "well I still think it's all fake" and you go away for a little while thinking everyone will forget you and your dishonest tactics...

jimmysmokes wrote:
I guess I'll have to get this interview/source/link to satisfy you.
Yeah, that's generally the way it works. I can't give you an opinion on an interview if I haven't read it, can I? And I sure as hell can't take your word on anything -- you've shown us how dishonest (or at least how conveniently forgetful) you can be time and time again.

jimmysmokes wrote:
It's just like the Rick Moran call. I have no choice but to finally see/agree with your claim that he outright lied in the phone call.
That's what the article was for -- to show that Rick Moran frequently lied. And that is a help when you have two conflicting stories -- you tend to believe the source which doesn't have a history of telling falsehoods.

jimmysmokes wrote:
But as not to piss you off, I'll give you what you were trying to convince us all of in here.

You're right and everybody else is wrong!
About time you see it my way!

But yeah, this is a good example of why I treat you with contempt -- all your little digs sprinkled throughout your posts. Sherb is a lot more professional with you, but even then you talk sh*t about him.

I'm sure it won't take long before you piss me off enough to get banned. But before that, I'll probably change your rank to "Annoying Troll."

jimmysmokes wrote:

That link takes me to the homepage of grunge.com. I see no article about Amityville on there, nor do I even see a search button. Link to the actual interview or article, lamebrain.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:

Once again I wrote an entire post regarding this quote and it deleted everything only putting up this just now.

When I submitted it just now, it said you can no longer make any new posts to this thread or edits.

I give up
Users can edit their posts up to 20 minutes after posting.

This thread is not locked, so there is no reason for you to get a message saying you can't make a new post.

When you make a post, the board doesn't allow another post for 60 seconds.