Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9559
Contact:

Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:21 am


Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict
Posts: 295
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:03 am

From my point of view, the things Didio says between roughly 40:00 - 50:00 are very damning. Her words appear to confirm Weber's side of the story about the Amityville Horror being a hoax or at the very least greatly exaggerated. Lee always skittered this question with me when he was alive (about the alleged Weber tape). He would claim Weber is a lair but not get into details.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 590

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:27 am

Funny she only came out with this now isnt it! Like theres some sort of motive or something.

How many adverts are in this interview should give you a hint.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict
Posts: 295
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:27 am
Funny she only came out with this now isnt it! Like theres some sort of motive or something.

How many adverts are in this interview should give you a hint.
It isn't her video. The host is a third party "ghost hunter" group that does podcasts. Maybe she was paid for the interview maybe she wasn't (I doubt she was from what I understand most of these groups don't pay much if anything for interviews).

It is interesting she waited until both of the Lutzes and Warrens were dead to tell this part of the story. She's given several interviews before (including her role in "My Amityville Horror") yet never once mentioned the Weber Tape in any fashion, until now. Make of that fact what you will.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 612

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:45 pm

OH MY GOD! First off, a big thanks to sherbetto for posting this! One wonders if he actually listened to this entire thing from start to finish? The interview is very revealing and as it progresses, it (Laura) becomes more damning with the details she provides! There is so much to go off on here about, I'm not sure where to begin.

She states that her local tv station was going to go with this story regardless to whether it was true or not. Even repeats this several times during the interview. :clap:

We're not proud of this (the whole book & movies deal thing) not until we split with Weber, then it's A-OK! :rotate: Btw, Laura did talk of this before in other interviews (the Weber tape) but at least we seem to have got the entire scoop this time around. Kudos, Laura!

Tell you what, I'll shut up here and invite you all to listen to this from start to finish. Hey Dan! Take a listen as well and keep your ears open towards the final minutes of the interview. It only gets better! Jesus, she basically spills the beans on this whole deception. Absolutely one of the best posts I've seen on here!

p.s. And certain people in here claimed that Weber was "controlling"? Lol. You know, eventually, the truth always comes out.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict
Posts: 295
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:18 pm

I don't have much respect for Didio because in the second half of her interview (not the part posted by Sherb but the one I link below) she tries to say the house is still haunted. She promotes some BS stories of other families being allegedly "affected" since the Lutzes by the horror. The thing is these stories are nothing more than Internet rumors we've all heard, such as the real estate agent who felt a "cold spot" in the basement. Didio does not seem to realize she thoroughly debunked the Amityville Horror in the first part of her interview. :fp: :lol:

Special Guest Star

est. 1999

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 590

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:04 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:27 am
Funny she only came out with this now isnt it! Like theres some sort of motive or something.

How many adverts are in this interview should give you a hint.
It isn't her video. The host is a third party "ghost hunter" group that does podcasts. Maybe she was paid for the interview maybe she wasn't (I doubt she was from what I understand most of these groups don't pay much if anything for interviews).

It is interesting she waited until both of the Lutzes and Warrens were dead to tell this part of the story. She's given several interviews before (including her role in "My Amityville Horror") yet never once mentioned the Weber Tape in any fashion, until now. Make of that fact what you will.
I know its not her video but she probably just wants to cause drama.

By the way she made some comments on another podcast last year saying the same thing. Its one persons account and not heard others say the same so...
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9559
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:49 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:45 pm
OH MY GOD! First off, a big thanks to sherbetto for posting this! One wonders if he actually listened to this entire thing from start to finish?
I didn't - and still have not. But as me and Dan keep telling you, we're not here to just present one side of the story!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 612

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by jimmysmokes » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:47 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:49 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:45 pm
OH MY GOD! First off, a big thanks to sherbetto for posting this! One wonders if he actually listened to this entire thing from start to finish?
I didn't - and still have not. But as me and Dan keep telling you, we're not here to just present one side of the story!
Well, that's what I was wondering. And I understand you and Dan aren't here to promote just the haunting. But I'm confused on why you would post this interview and not listen to it? She drops some bombs in this interview.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 612

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by jimmysmokes » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:55 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:18 pm
I don't have much respect for Didio because in the second half of her interview (not the part posted by Sherb but the one I link below) she tries to say the house is still haunted. She promotes some BS stories of other families being allegedly "affected" since the Lutzes by the horror. The thing is these stories are nothing more than Internet rumors we've all heard, such as the real estate agent who felt a "cold spot" in the basement. Didio does not seem to realize she thoroughly debunked the Amityville Horror in the first part of her interview. :fp: :lol:

You make some good points here. Could be she feels she owes The Lutzes a little support being she was involved with them at the beginning (after they left the house etc) but you're correct that she debunked it in the first video? Even when listening to her over the years, I kinda felt she was a fence-sitter and didn't really buy their claims. She was a young reporter just wanting a story.

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9559
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:28 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:47 am
But I'm confused on why you would post this interview and not listen to it?
Been busy! Will get around to it.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict
Posts: 295
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:47 am

I think the bit about the D'Antionioes (sp?) Didio mentions in the second part is an outright lie. I've talked with Mrs. D'Antionio (she's a nice very polite lady) while doing my research after they bought the house. She never mentioned "evil" or Daniel Lutz when I said I had known the late Lee Lutz. She doesn't like Lee and has a rather low opinion of the family but I can't blame her for that being a longtime Amityville resident. I still have her contact info. I'll see what she says about Didio's latest outrageous claim.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 590

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:58 pm

Don't think thats the only lie she's ever told Rock!
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict
Posts: 295
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:02 pm

I chatted with Mrs. D'Antionio this afternoon (on the phone). She is outraged by Didio's comments about her and her late husband. Mrs. D'Antionio states she has never talked with Laura Didio. She didn't even know who Didio is until I reminded her. The poor woman wishes she "never bought that house", because of all the bad luck and drama it has caused in her life. It's sad because when we first spoke she was happy to have the house. So, someone is either lying or misremembering. :think:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9559
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:19 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:02 pm
The poor woman wishes she "never bought that house", because of all the bad luck and drama it has caused in her life.
Can you elaborate on the "bad luck"?

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict
Posts: 295
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:35 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:19 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:02 pm
The poor woman wishes she "never bought that house", because of all the bad luck and drama it has caused in her life.
Can you elaborate on the "bad luck"?
As we know, her husband died and she had to sell the house under less than ideal circumstances. Also, there was that frivolous lawsuit by the guy who claimed she gave him "first dibs" on the house (there were a couple of posts here about it I believe). I don't think she'd want me sharing any other more private details, this forum isn't exactly popular with current and former residents of Amityville. :lol:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

User avatar
Brendan72
Forest Giant
Posts: 2959
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:12 pm

It is extremely difficult to prove or disprove whether there is still paranormal activity in the house, mainly because nobody has gone public (we would know already) and if there was then who would want to after what happened last time?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 590

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:50 am

She says theres loads to the haunting that is true, so that puts a stop to anyone claiming this is a game changing interview lol.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 590

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:58 am

Laura says some really disturbing things in the 2nd half. The fact she returned to the house with her dog and he becomes spooked sends chills down my spine. Its not like anyone told that dog the house was incredibly haunted!

And how did she know George was passing away in 2006? All very crazy.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9559
Contact:

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:42 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:18 pm
Didio does not seem to realize she thoroughly debunked the Amityville Horror in the first part of her interview.
Not for me she didn't. George always mentioned Weber wanting the house put into escrow - with a chance they could lose it before they ruled out going back - however the real revelation is George and Kathy apparently willing to add some BS to Weber's project. But the fact they played the tape for Laura after coming to their senses says a lot, and so does Laura saying she still found them "on the level".

Yes, this does sound damning, but for me has no bearing on the overall haunting. If they were just about money, why refuse to sign Weber's contract and hide from the media? This was their best bet!

I think we need to hear that tape ourselves before making any real judgement. But if Laura remembers it correctly, then the Lutzes were very silly in going along with it, even if it were only for a few days.

It's also worth noting that Weber never bought forward his copy of the tape as evidence in court ;)

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 590

Re: Real Ghost Stories Online : Laura DiDio

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:08 am

Anyone know the incidents of the haunting continuing after the Lutz's fled? The scary episode where the estate agent experienced the cold in the basement was really interesting.

I'd say this interview was very pro-haunting, and I'm really happy I put my ad-block on so I could ignore adverts every two minutes.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Post Reply