Reding too much?

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
NCPilot
Amityville Addict

Reding too much?

Post by NCPilot » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:23 pm

Maybe yall are just reading too much into this Newsday picture? I mean yall see faces and stuff like that, but all I see are reflections of lights and trees. It's the same as looking at the clouds, you just see what you want to see. If you want to see "faces", then you're going to see "faces".
"Young Puritan girls and toadstools are truly a deadly combination." John Proctor, 1692

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:41 pm

Can anybody please post a link to this Newsday picture? I do not think i have seen it.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:43 pm

DUH...alert.
Never mind. I saw the link after i posted the above.
Call it a "blond moment". :roll:

Holly
Amityville Addict

Re: Reding too much?

Post by Holly » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:37 pm

NCPilot wrote:Maybe yall are just reading too much into this Newsday picture? I mean yall see faces and stuff like that, but all I see are reflections of lights and trees. It's the same as looking at the clouds, you just see what you want to see. If you want to see "faces", then you're going to see "faces".
i can usually never make anything out unless someone circles it, then i can see it. Maybe everyone is reading too much into it but it sure is fun! :D

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Re: Reding too much?

Post by radiomixer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:35 am

NCPilot wrote:Maybe yall are just reading too much into this Newsday picture? I mean yall see faces and stuff like that, but all I see are reflections of lights and trees. It's the same as looking at the clouds, you just see what you want to see. If you want to see "faces", then you're going to see "faces".
I dunno if that's right. Some who are totally skeptical of the haunting have also pointed out *many* strange aspects of this photo. I don't think it's fair to generalize everyone with 'you're all seeing what you want to see.' Who told the skeptics to find anything in that photo? See what I mean?

When others have posted certain photos, I've often remarked that I felt it was a reflection of light, trees, etc. So speaking for myself, I don't "look" to find things; my posting history alone shows I observe each article on it's own merits. I don't think I'm alone in this aspect; I think many posters and readers here do strive to keep an open mind about the things presented here, IMHO.

Gee, PR -- we missed you too! :lol:

HellboundGreaser
Amityville Addict

Post by HellboundGreaser » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:43 am

There's a psycological reason why you nuts(No offense) are seeing stuff in these pictures.
Perception is a very complex process, and when our brains try to find patterns, they are guided in part by what we expect to see or even hear. If you are trying to hear your friend while conversing in a noisy room, your brain automatically takes snippets of sound and compares them against possible corresponding words, and guided by context, we can often ?hear? more clearly than the sound patterns reaching our ears could account for. The brain puts together the visual cue and the auditory input, and we actually ?see? what we are informed is being said, even though without that information, you could discern nothing.
It's all power of suggestion. You see what you want to see.
I tried to commit suicide by crucifying myself, but I couldnt figure out how to get the last nail in."

tortured skull
Amityville Addict

Post by tortured skull » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:31 pm

couldnt someone just take the photo to a place that can analyze it? ya know like the ufo pics and stuff?

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:26 pm

Well, HB, you refer to an actual scientific *possibillity.* But fact remains, humans retain Free Will. Just because an explanation for something is offered, does not mean it must be the only correct one.

BTW I'm nuts-free, I assure you. Never had them, so I can't empathize with your errm .. situation. Or alleged situation ...
:P

Morris
Amityville Member

Post by Morris » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:45 pm

I can tell you that when I saw George last fall he had this pic with him and other views from inside the house. He spent a great deal of time zooming in on these pictures so everyone could point out what they saw. Some I could plainly see and some were a bit far fetched.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:12 am

Morris wrote:I can tell you that when I saw George last fall he had this pic with him and other views from inside the house. He spent a great deal of time zooming in on these pictures so everyone could point out what they saw. Some I could plainly see and some were a bit far fetched.

Howdy Morris! Welcome to ATB! Thank you for joining us :D

Am so happy you posted, have not heard from many people who have been to one of George Lutz' programs, so this is cool!

Referring to my earlier post, when a friend of George's and I were discussing the same pic, I too saw some of what [GL] saw, and on at least one occasion could not, but the conversation was on phone .. kind of hard for my friend to pop out a pointer on me! However, I also pointed some 'new' things out as well.

It would be interesting to see this same pic via different means; for example there are two TV's in my home ... if i have the same program on both TV's, I notice that the color and grey-scales can really vary from set to set. I assume you saw this pic blown up fairly large, yes? That would be so Cool. Unfortunately I'm a coast away from Cali.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would really like to hear about your seeing George and your opinions about what you heard and were shown. I'll start a new thread in the "Amityville Discussion" area, I know some others here have seen him too -- hope you'll take a moment to share some of your thoughts with us. Welcome aboard!

HellboundGreaser
Amityville Addict

Post by HellboundGreaser » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:13 am

But fact remains, humans retain Free Will.
To a point, yes. But humans are also suckers for the power of suggestion. What you all are expierencing is Pareidolia. It's a type of illusion or misperception involving a vague or obscure stimulus being perceived as something clear and distinct.
I tried to commit suicide by crucifying myself, but I couldnt figure out how to get the last nail in."

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:05 am

The hallmark of scientific behavior is a certain scepticism even towards one's most cherished theories. Blind commitment to a theory is not an intellectual virtue: it is an intellectual crime.

?Imre Lakatos

NCPilot
Amityville Addict

Post by NCPilot » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:00 pm

Five bucks says that if those shadows and trees wern't there, the "faces" wouldn't be there either.
"Young Puritan girls and toadstools are truly a deadly combination." John Proctor, 1692

Autumn Cook
Amityville Member

Post by Autumn Cook » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:03 am

well I think that it is imagination, because ya'll really do expect to see something. I haven't seen anything yet thats credable on this site because it all looks like reflections. The Warren pics aren't credable because they aren't credable people. I just think we need to get some good legit pics on here.
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit." Translation "Nobody Provokes Me With Impunity." -Edgar Allan Poe- The Cask Of Amontillado