Ronnie's ever changing versions

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Ronnie's ever changing versions

Postby msmart112 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:25 pm

1974 ? Ronnie tells the police that a man named Tony Mazzeo was most likely responsible for the murders.

1974 ? Ronnie confesses to killing all six members of his family.

1975 ? Ronnie tells a jailer named James DeVito that he was in the house with Bobby Kelske, Mindy Weiss, and another man and woman. In this version, Ronnie claims that the other four people were responsible for murdering the family.

1975 ? Ronnie tells a fellow inmate named John Kramer that he killed his entire family.

1975 ? Ronnie tells Phyllis Procita (his aunt) that he was awakened by gunshots, hid in a crawl space off his bedroom, and later found his family dead.

1975 ? Ronnie tells Phyllis Procita that a friend of his came to the house, got high, fell asleep, and that he was unable to wake this friend up. Ronnie claimed he asked Dawn to wake this friend up in the morning, and that he then left. Upon his return home, Ronnie found his family murdered.

1975 ? Ronnie tells Phyllis Procita that Tony Mazzeo committed the murders.

1975 ? Ronnie tells Phyllis Procita that Bobby Kelske killed the family.

1975 ? Ronnie tells Phyllis Procita that a Mr. DeGennaro killed the family.

1975 ? Ronnie tells Phyllis Procita that Dawn killed the family.

1975 ? Ronnie makes a judicial admission ? telling the court that he acted alone.

1979 ? Ronnie gives an audio interview to Hans Holzer in which he admits to acting alone.

1986 ? Ronnie tells Bob Keeler of Newsday that Dawn killed Mr. DeFeo, and that Mrs. DeFeo then killed Dawn?and then Allison, Marc, and John?before putting one shot into herself. Ronnie claimed that he only shot his mother once.

1992 ? At his 440 hearing, Ronnie claims that Dawn had killed everyone, and that he only shot Dawn.

1993 ? Ronnie gives an audio interview where he claims that he was in the basement with a fictional brother-in-law, and how he and his ?brother-in-law? raced upstairs after hearing the shots. In this version, after Ronnie kills Dawn, he and his ?brother-in-law? are passed in the hallway by an unknown person who ?zoomed down the stairs and out the front door?.

1999 ? Ronnie tells the parole board that unnamed ?other people? committed the murders, and that he only killed Dawn.

2002 ? Ronnie tells the New York Post that he and Dawn were responsible for the murders.

2005 ? Ronnie tells the parole board that he killed his parents, left the house, returned to find that Dawn had killed Allison, Marc, and John, and then admits to killing Dawn.
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby dalnkel » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:27 am

no wonder he didnt get parole he has a good imaganation though how can someone change the story so many time a expect people to believe him

maybe he should take this test do you think he will pass

http://www.allthetests.com/quiz13/quizp ... 1&katname=
dalnkel
Amityville Addict

Postby beanbagbreath » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:41 am

Ohhhh goodie.... ANOTHER Ronnie thread. :?
beanbagbreath
TOWN DRUNK

Location: Ashy Larry... Marcy Projects... Marcy son... WHAT!!!

Postby Delci » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:06 pm

In the year of 1974, on the day of November 13, at 3:15 AM, Ronald DeFeo, Jr., a.k.a. 'Butch', used a .35-caliber Marlin hunting Rifle and fired eight times in one place or another at a big, rambling, three-story Dutch Colonial home with black shingles and white trim in Amityville, Long Island, New York. As a result, his parents, Ronald DeFeo, Sr., and Louise DeFeo, his two brothers, John and Marc DeFeo, and two sisters, Allison and Dawn DeFeo, died that night. The judge turned down his pleas for insanity and sentenced him to six consecutive life-terms, which he serves in (name changed for anonymity) Danemorra maximum-security prison. No matter how many times Ronnie changes his story, it remains evident, factual or skeptical, that he was the source and outcome of the murder of the DeFeo family.
Stop changing your story, Ronnie, if you ever want to make it out of jail.
When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily, joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible, logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable, clinical, intellectual, cynical...
Delci
Amityville Addict

Postby Stilch » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:59 pm

Nice timeline of Ronnie's excuses! I had wondered exactly how
many different stories he'd cranked out over the years...
Phyllis Procita must have been thoroughly confused to
have heard so many different stories.
Stilch
Amityville Member

Postby zzvampy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:02 pm

1979 ? Ronnie gives an audio interview to Hans Holzer in which he admits to acting alone.

1986 ? Ronnie tells Bob Keeler of Newsday that Dawn killed Mr. DeFeo, and that Mrs. DeFeo then killed Dawn?and then Allison, Marc, and John?before putting one shot into herself. Ronnie claimed that he only shot his mother once.

In the course of seven years, he basically remained silent until he once again, decided to become vocal with the " Dawn did it / was an accomplice" allegation , yet eventually he would decide to name his own MOTHER as a murderer! :shock:
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Postby msmart112 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:36 pm

1996 Pulitzer Prize Winner, Bob Keeler, reported in 1986 ( the very same year Ronald DeFeo first claimed his "marriage" to one Geraldine Gates/DeFeo)...

"DeFeo now claims that his sister, Dawn, 18, shot his father, Ronald Sr. Then, he says, his distraught mother shot Dawn and her three youngest children, Allison, 13, Mark, 11, and John, 9. He claims that his mother finished by shooting herself. DeFeo admits flying into a rage when he came on the scene - firing one rifle bullet into his already-wounded mother."

Full article can be seen here?

http://amityvilletruth.freeservers.com/newsday.htm
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:32 am

msmart112 wrote:"DeFeo admits flying into a rage when he came on the scene - firing one rifle bullet into his already-wounded mother."

OMG - if the situation wasn't so tragic, that excuse would be downright comical...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby dalnkel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:01 am

if that is the case did he ask her what had happerned how did he know that she had killed the kids he just walked in did she say anything to him before he supposed to have shot her
so he said he just come in saw what had happerned and shot her. i think the first thing i would have dont was to call 999 to get the ambalance she was still alive she needed help not to be shot. i cant see what this man is about he needs help.

but we all know this story was just in ronalds head the same as the other stories but i must say that this was the worst of them who would kill there injured mother he had no proof at the time unless she told him she killed them but you would still help her she would have been bleeding and in so much pain if this story would have been true he would have been more evil than a thought he was. she wasnt an animal who need to be put out of its misery she was his mother for godsake why make up all these stories.
someone must really know the real truth about what happerned.
dalnkel
Amityville Addict

Postby Delci » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:46 pm

He knows what happened.

M
u
r
d
e
r
e
r
When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily, joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible, logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable, clinical, intellectual, cynical...
Delci
Amityville Addict

Postby msmart112 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:24 pm

zzvampy wrote:In the course of seven years, he basically remained silent until he once again, decided to become vocal with the " Dawn did it / was an accomplice" allegation , yet eventually he would decide to name his own MOTHER as a murderer! :shock:

ZZ,

Great point!

If there was ANY truth to Ronnie?s ?current version? that Dawn killed Allison, Marc, and John?why in the WORLD did Ronnie tell Bob Keeler in 1986 that LOUISE killed the kids? Not only that?but Ronnie even told Bob Keeler that Louise had put one shot into HERSELF with a handgun!

A few years ago, I asked Geraldine about this?and she stated that Ronnie never told those things to Bob Keeler.

Last year, on TNE, I asked Tracey the same question. She also stated that Ronnie never told those things to Bob Keeler.

Within a few days?all posts that Tracey had made about Bob Keeler were deleted! Imagine that!

Personally?I highly doubt that a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist such as Bob Keeler would have made the story up. To me?it was more than likely a case of Ronnie lying?once again (as he always has and continues to do so).

There is only ONE way the murders went down?so why the NUMEROUS versions?

Take care,

Maxwell
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby zzvampy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:43 pm

Wow, the posts were all deleted? Gee, imagine that !

Maybe it's a Wive's Club kinda thing? ;)

Three decades in America's harsh penal system haven't had a positive effect on DeFeo's state of mind, seeking attention for diversions sake his story has changed frequently. In a 1986 interview with Bob Keeler of Newsday he claimed his mother was partially responsible, out of her mind due to years of marital abuse she snapped, Dawns behavior being the catalyst. He claimed she'd say "you're all better off dead" in moments of depression and that after a vitriolic fight between Dawn and her father she shot him, her distraught mother snatching the rifle and shooting her in retribution before killing her children and shooting herself in despair. He claims to have been in the basement with his mysterious friend Richard Romondoe and upon stumbling on the carnage picked up the rifle and shot his wounded mother dead in anger, "everybody was dead" he told Newsday, "there's no doubt in my mind that Dawn killed my father. My mother killed Dawn and the kids." Fearing he would be blamed he tried to conceal his presence in the house, he also claimed he was pressured by relatives into taking the wrap, to cover for his mother because her elderly Mafiosi father worshipped her and wouldn't have been able to suffer the truth.

"It's preposterous," said Gerard Sullivan, former assistant District Attorney of Suffolk County who prosecuted DeFeo in 1975, "the new story is inconsistent with key physical evidence". Detective Robert Dunn, who investigated the homicide agrees, saying "DeFeo's new story is almost literary".
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Return to DeFeo Discussion