MY VISIT TO THE HOUSE (Pix, videos, short talk with Brian).

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Who's the next ?

Post by Architect of light 75 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:16 am

Hey folks !

Who is the next going to take some shots ?

Evanguy2004 lives about 1 hour and a half of The House I believe.

Who else lives that close ?

Come on guys, Brian must be missing it :wink:

Have a nice day :idea:
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Re: Who's the next ?

Post by OldSoul70 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:59 pm

Architect of light 75 wrote:Hey folks !

You can say that I live close to the house, However like I have stated on this board I would feel weird taking pics of the house. Around here people dont really take pics of the house, I mean dont get me wrong some people do for the hell of it, but us babylonians tend to stick with the whole lets just drive by the house, but not stop and make a photoshoot out of it.

gmom
Amityville Member

Post by gmom » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:09 pm

Hello all!! These pictures are AWESOME
"I must speak to Father Delaney, I simply must!"

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:41 pm

Arch of Light,

Looks like I will be going back to the house in mid-April with my 15 year old son. We are going to see a concert and by the looks of the map the town the concert is in is like right next door to Amityville!! This will be his first visit to the house and he is a big fan of the AV Movies too. We will make a day of it having pizza at Mr. T's and then take a long stroll around the neighborhood!!

OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Post by OldSoul70 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:13 pm

evanguy2004 wrote:

Arch of Light,

Looks like I will be going back to the house in mid-April with my 15 year old son. We are going to see a concert and by the looks of the map the town the concert is in is like right next door to Amityville!! This will be his first visit to the house and he is a big fan of the AV Movies too. We will make a day of it having pizza at Mr. T's and then take a long stroll around the neighborhood!!
What concert you headed too?

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:07 am

Hey Evanguy!

Doing well ?

Nice to hear from you again. I'm going to answer your personal e-mail soon too.

I hope you will take some nice shots of The House and... try to do something great like, ring at the doorbell !!

I'm joking.. I'm going to have a lot of comments if I'm serious about it..

Do you plan to walk to The House or just pass by like a coward :wink:

Did your son read the Anson's book ?

Have a nice day, see you later :idea:

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:26 am

OldSoul70 wrote:
evanguy2004 wrote:

Arch of Light,

What concert you headed too?
Actually it is a purepwnage show. My son is a gamer and these dudes from Canada from purepwnage(.com) are coming to Bellmore, NY on Long Island. It is more of a show than it is a concert. According to the map Bellmore is very close to Amityville, NY!!! Can anyone confirm about the location of Bellmore, NY? How far is this from Amityville? I intend on seeing the house and having pizza at the Blue "T" pizza house that day with my son.

Long Island, New York - Tuesday Apr 17th 2007 6:00pm
Bellmore Movies

Location: Bellmore Movies, 222 Petit Avenue, Bellmore, New York. Tickets can be purchased in advance for $10 or at the door for $10 (cash only at the door)
Tickets purchased in advance will be picked up at the door on the night of the screening, please arrive early. We will need to know the email address used in the purchase of the tickets. NO CAMERAS OR RECORDING DEVICES

OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Post by OldSoul70 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:59 am

Bellmore is about 15-20 minutes away from Amityville. It all depends on traffic and how many red lights you hit. Esp on Sunrise Hwy. It will prob be even longer if you take Merrick Rd.
(but also depends where you are in Bellmore)
On Southern State Amityville is exit 32s, Im not too familiar with Bellmore so I couldn't really tell you where to go from that location you gave. Lol sorry I didnt give you too much to work with.

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:28 pm

OldSoul70 wrote:Bellmore is about 15-20 minutes away from Amityville. It all depends on traffic and how many red lights you hit. Esp on Sunrise Hwy. It will prob be even longer if you take Merrick Rd.
(but also depends where you are in Bellmore)
On Southern State Amityville is exit 32s, Im not too familiar with Bellmore so I couldn't really tell you where to go from that location you gave. Lol sorry I didnt give you too much to work with.
Thanks this is great info!! At least it is close

Salem
Amityville Member

Post by Salem » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:03 am

Hi, long time no visit by me to this site. Been very busy, and sick, so I now feel in the mood to get back into this forum.

I must say Arc of light, they are really great pictures. It is good that someone finally saw Mr Wilson, as regardless of what others say, he is/was a mystery. There is no point denying it. Its really good that you respected his privacy too. Privately, he probably appreciated that. Thats a good thing, you can take a couple of photos, yet not harm anyone.

I loved your commentary; its just a pity for me that yet again, (and I spent a lot of time rolling my eyes :roll: reading some of the pedantic, petty and sarcastic responses) someone who did something as harmless as taking a few pics of the outside of the house, is made to feel bad for doing that. :evil: I apologise to you for that, because you shouldn't be made to feel bad. :x You did nothing wrong. I feel that some simply can't help themselves. Those who have a problem with this practice (taking photos) perhaps should not visit the threads that contain them, that way they can keep their opinions to themselves. And allow us to enjoy this harmless pastime in peace. Sorry if I sound hostile; but really, if you don't like it, don't read the threads - I would have thought. Let those who do enjoy this very common (and harmless) practice, enjoy the threads, commentary and pics without someone coming in raining on the OP's parade and being petty. Amityville goes with the territory, so if some here aren't used to it by now, after all this time, perhaps its best not to open the threads if it upsets you that much. There is no need to ruin a thread with such negativity. Those of us who cannot get to the house and in all probability, never will, such as myself because I live so far away in another country, I'm sure appreciate it. Perhaps for locals in America, they don't realise how much others that don't have the travelling/location distance advantage actually enjoy seeing something they will NEVER get to see in real life.

Arc did nothing wrong, but as usual, some have to be so negative and such spoilsports and ruin it for the rest of us who are interested. There is nothing forcing you to enter a thread that you know will contain something you don't agree with. I find nothing wrong with someone taking pictures of a landmark. People do it ALL the time. The leaning tower of Piza, the Vatican, the Grand Canyon, even Hollywood stars homes on the tours I heard they conduct (which are also private property). Every property or building belongs to someone or some organisation. However as long as that person doesn't loiter or attempt to vandalise the property in anyway, or cause a nuisance, whats the harm (get over it is another thought that entered my head). Its a shame that others that what to share something that goes with Amityville like bread goes with butter, have to bare the brunt of silly and mean-spirited pettiness. This is what has annoyed me for awhile now. As I said, if you don't agree with what is in the thread......you don't need to open it.
Just don't spoil it for others.

Arc, great work. I feel excited for you, and happy for you. Good on you! Congrats on the photos and commentary. You should be proud of yourself. Its great to see a bit of what American rail stations look like, too. From someone who'll sans winning lottery will never ever get to even step foot in America, its like sharing history in the global internet world. Thumbs up, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad. Thanks so much for sharing! :applause:
I used Sabrina's diary as my kitty litter. She still doesn't know.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:51 am

Hey hello Salem!

How are you doing ?

Thank you very much for your nice comment.

I appreciate your support and view about my topic and my pix.

I wish you could go to The House one day, it's a nice and chillin' experience :wink:

I hope you have a nice day, take care Salem !

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:26 am

Architect of light 75 wrote:Hey hello Salem!

How are you doing ?

Thank you very much for your nice comment.

I appreciate your support and view about my topic and my pix.

I wish you could go to The House one day, it's a nice and chillin' experience :wink:

I hope you have a nice day, take care Salem !
Arch,

I went back to the house yesterday with my son. We took a ton of pictures plus videos. I plan on posting them later this week when I have more time. We even came back to the house at night and took some cool night time pictures. One particular picture had these odd orbs floating around the house plus a red eye peaking out from the bushes. Note we did not use a flash to take these pictures so we found it rather odd to have orbs and red lights reflecting back at us!!! Stay tuned I will post up soon. Also what I noticed was new and not in your pictures is that Wilson has purchased some bamboo type shades that now cover all of the bottom windows in the sunroom facing the street. I had never seen these before. No sign of anyone outside however. We did see Wilson's Landrover in the back of the house so it would appear he was at home. The night pictures were really cool to take.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:26 pm

After hearing that the east coast was being drenched by a storm, and that there was severe flooding in Long Island, I was wondering how Ocean avenue weathered the storm. Did the creek behind 112 overflow? Is the red room now an aquarium? Does Jodie need an aqualung?

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:15 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:After hearing that the east coast was being drenched by a storm, and that there was severe flooding in Long Island, I was wondering how Ocean avenue weathered the storm. Did the creek behind 112 overflow? Is the red room now an aquarium? Does Jodie need an aqualung?
Dan actually Ocean Avenue was dry!! The street behind the river (Behind the house) had a lot of free standing water on it. The house appeared to be safe and dry!! At least from the outside. The river although high did not appear to be overflown. I will post up my pictures and movie clips soon. I tried to take different pictures this visit including night time shots along with a trip to the Amityville Historical Society where they had on display a small wooden miniature version of 112 Ocean Avenue!! I took some nice pictures of this model and will post them too. Has anyone ever posted pictures from inside the historical society before? 99.99 percent of the stuff in there did not pertain to the house, movie, murders or hauntings (surprise, surprise!!!)

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:54 pm

I've seen a few pics from inside the Historical society, including the tiny replica of the house. I don't remember which website I saw them on, though. IIRC, the replica of the house was in a glass case alongside replicas of other Amityville houses.

Still, be nice to see your images. :D

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:38 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I've seen a few pics from inside the Historical society, including the tiny replica of the house. I don't remember which website I saw them on, though. IIRC, the replica of the house was in a glass case alongside replicas of other Amityville houses.

Yup...Those are in fact the pictures that we took. You would laugh at how cool my son (15) and I tried to act when we walked into this place (Amityville Historical Society). We were the only ones in the entire museum. We signed in as residents of Amityville and tried to act like we were not tourists trying to find out more stuff just about the house. This was my 15 year old son's first visit to the house and he was very excited to go! He is up on the history of the case and has seen all of the movies. A 2nd generation fan. A knock off the old block sort of speak!! I bought a new navigation system (Garmin) that took us door to door without any problems! I'm telling you these new battery operate portable Garmin's are great!!! It took us all throughout New York without any sweat or worry!! I first took my son to Mr T's pizza where I had the standard buffalo chicken pizza and he woofed down two slices of plain cheese. We then went by foot down ocean avenue (sidewalk) and he carried the digital movie camera by his side. I sort of wish now that I was carrying the moive camera because he was jerking it around alot to the point of dizzyness. It was very cool walking down Ocean Avenue. It was my first time by foot also! I felt a little more comfortable I guess because I was with my son not alone walking it by myself. We then walked back to the strip mall area (Mr T's Pizza) where we took the car through several trips past the house for more pictures and movies. We then forgot to take a picture of him in front of the house for his myspace site in which we then reparked the car at Mr. T's Pizza and walked back down Ocean Avenue for the money shot of him standing in front of the house. We then left to see Pure Pwnage (Gaming Group from Canada) live at the Bellmore Movie House which was only 6.2 miles away from the house. After the show we went out for some White Castle Hamburgers (To die for!!! We don't have these in Connecticut and I grew up eating these late night as a kid) and then drove back to Ocean Avenue for some night time pictures and movies. The street was very quiet and we were the only ones standing in front of the house!!! Wait until you see some of my night time pics of the house!!! I swear I see orbs and red eyes looking at me through the bushes. Very creepy! You are going to love em!! All in all a great visit again (My 3rd) back to Amityville!!
PS: We are working on the pictures now and hope to have them up by the weekend. I'm leaving for some RnR to Boston tomorrow so hopefully by Saturday or Sunday I will try to post.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:44 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I've seen a few pics from inside the Historical society, including the tiny replica of the house. I don't remember which website I saw them on, though. IIRC, the replica of the house was in a glass case alongside replicas of other Amityville houses.

Dan, weren't they on the History's Mysteries doco's?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:52 pm

Might be. No doubt its been featured in one or two documentaries. But I've also seen it at this link:

http://www.amityvillehistoricalsociety.org/Tour.htm

OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Post by OldSoul70 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:26 pm

evanguy2004 wrote:

Yup...Those are in fact the pictures that we took. You would laugh at how cool my son (15) and I tried to act when we walked into this place (Amityville Historical Society). We were the only ones in the entire museum. We signed in as residents of Amityville and tried to act like we were not tourists trying to find out more stuff just about the house. This was my 15 year old son's first visit to the house and he was very excited to go! He is up on the history of the case and has seen all of the movies. A 2nd generation fan. A knock off the old block sort of speak!! I bought a new navigation system (Garmin) that took us door to door without any problems! I'm telling you these new battery operate portable Garmin's are great!!! It took us all throughout New York without any sweat or worry!! I first took my son to Mr T's pizza where I had the standard buffalo chicken pizza and he woofed down two slices of plain cheese. We then went by foot down ocean avenue (sidewalk) and he carried the digital movie camera by his side. I sort of wish now that I was carrying the moive camera because he was jerking it around alot to the point of dizzyness. It was very cool walking down Ocean Avenue. It was my first time by foot also! I felt a little more comfortable I guess because I was with my son not alone walking it by myself. We then walked back to the strip mall area (Mr T's Pizza) where we took the car through several trips past the house for more pictures and movies. We then forgot to take a picture of him in front of the house for his myspace site in which we then reparked the car at Mr. T's Pizza and walked back down Ocean Avenue for the money shot of him standing in front of the house. We then left to see Pure Pwnage (Gaming Group from Canada) live at the Bellmore Movie House which was only 6.2 miles away from the house. After the show we went out for some White Castle Hamburgers (To die for!!! We don't have these in Connecticut and I grew up eating these late night as a kid) and then drove back to Ocean Avenue for some night time pictures and movies. The street was very quiet and we were the only ones standing in front of the house!!! Wait until you see some of my night time pics of the house!!! I swear I see orbs and red eyes looking at me through the bushes. Very creepy! You are going to love em!! All in all a great visit again (My 3rd) back to Amityville!!
PS: We are working on the pictures now and hope to have them up by the weekend. I'm leaving for some RnR to Boston tomorrow so hopefully by Saturday or Sunday I will try to post.

AHHH you should have gone to All American. Awesome burger joint. Its an old fashion place. Its on Merrick Rd in Massapequa. Way better than white castle. lol. Anyway hope ya had a good time hurrr on the longest of Islands.

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:09 am

I will have to try All American during my next visit to Amityville. You have to understand growing up in Chicagoland White Castles were the staple joint you visited after a hard night spell at the bar. I realize it isn't the type of food you would eat everyday. It is just something special from my teens and twenties. Since moving to Connecticut 10 years ago there are no White Castles in the state. Since I had my Garmin fired up I was able to locate one close by and we ate there. My son gets a kick out of buying a sack of the Whitey One Bites as we call them and kicking backing and chowing down! We had a blast on the Island. We hit the trifecta:

1. Amityville House (Mr. T's pizza and a total walka dn drive through of the area fron and behind the river views). Plus a day and night time visit to the house!!

2. Pure Pwnage at the Bellmore Movie House

3. White Castle Burgers

The_Haunted_Atheist
Amityville Member

Interesting post

Post by The_Haunted_Atheist » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:26 pm

I love the pictures. Very good.

As far as the conversation with "Mr. Wilson", I have to say I don't have much sympathy for any owner of the "Amityville Horror" house who wanted to "maintain their privacy."

Please...

You buy one of the most notorious places on the planet and actually think you are going to live a normal life? Get real, pal!

As I see it, if these people wanted privacy, go move into a house in the woods somewhere.

If you purchase the most popular "haunted" house in the world, and then believe that all the chaos is just going to magically disappear, you're a complete and utter fool who deserves ridicule instead of sympathy.

:roll: