General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Irish Bi fan
Amityville Addict

Post by Irish Bi fan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:04 am

Hi enjoyed the book Nightmare Continues..... make a great movie

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:00 am

The part of the book that got me was when the one kid's aunt (or whoever she was) was waiting on a train at a railroad crossing, and after it cleared, the gates stayed down. She went around the gates and was hit by another train coming on the other track. I fail to see how that would even be considered paranormal.

Kevin

Irish Bi fan
Amityville Addict

Post by Irish Bi fan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:20 am

I think I like the diary type feel to it......
At the time I read this book there was very little in the way of Amity stuff unlike now

msammons
Amityville Addict

Post by msammons » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:31 am

Hey Kevin,
Are those your kittens? They are soo cute.
Mary
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/spooks/

Jetstar3D
Shiner

Post by Jetstar3D » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:47 pm

KevinW wrote:The part of the book that got me was when the one kid's aunt (or whoever she was) was waiting on a train at a railroad crossing, and after it cleared, the gates stayed down. She went around the gates and was hit by another train coming on the other track. I fail to see how that would even be considered paranormal.

Kevin
Sounds similar to a scene in Amityville Horror II by Jones. George and Kathy are attempting to cross a street after wishing Father Ray a Bon Voyage (he's going on vacation). A moving van comes out of nowhere and nearly hits them as they try to cross. Kathy falls to the pavement and knocks her head on a car bumper. Not an unusual occurrence, but since George and Kathy both claimed they didn't hear any oncoming truck and the fact that the driver didn't even slow down, Jones makes this seem 'paranormal'...

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:38 pm

msammons wrote:Hey Kevin,
Are those your kittens? They are soo cute.
Yep. The dark one is Chessie, and the yellow one is Casey Jones. Chessie's 2 years old. Casey will be 2 in March.

Kevin

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:52 pm

KevinW wrote:The part of the book that got me was when the one kid's aunt (or whoever she was) was waiting on a train at a railroad crossing, and after it cleared, the gates stayed down. She went around the gates and was hit by another train coming on the other track. I fail to see how that would even be considered paranormal.

Kevin
OK, I read this scene in The Amityville Curse novel by Hans Holtzer. Brilliant book, by the way. So much better than John G Jones' if you ask me.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:10 pm

KevinW wrote:I fail to see how that would even be considered paranormal.
I don't mean to be anal, but your comment could be read two ways. You do realize that book is fictional, right? Are you just criticizing the story?

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:10 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:

Kevin
OK, I read this scene in The Amityville Curse novel by Hans Holtzer. Brilliant book, by the way. So much better than John G Jones' if you ask me.
Holzer actually had a different scene in his novel. In it, a detective was approaching a railroad crossing when the signals came on. He figured he had time to beat the train but stalled on the tracks.

Kevin

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:10 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
KevinW wrote:I fail to see how that would even be considered paranormal.
I don't mean to be anal, but your comment could be read two ways. You do realize that book is fictional, right? Are you just criticizing the story?
I do realize it was fiction. I was just criticizing the story. :)

Kevin

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:12 am

I thought that's what you were doing, but then there is that stupid issue with the book publisher marking most of those sequel books as "non-fiction" on the spine and all...

But yeah, I should have realized you knew all that and that you weren't using it as a reason not to believe in the haunting.

Irish Bi fan
Amityville Addict

Post by Irish Bi fan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:37 am

Is this book still in print ? Are any of them still in print other then the 1st one ?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:13 am

Nope, try Ebay.

CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Post by CMite » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:11 pm

It's been over a year since I've read the book, so I don't remember all the details; however, these are the things I seem to remember about it:

- The book is set in the 90's.

- It begins with a foreword explaining that the story is true, but that the author felt the best way to present the information was in the form of a novel. Please.

- Nobody has lived in the house or gone into the house since the Lutzes fled.

- Despite the fact that they only lived there for a month, 20 years later the house is referred to by locals as "the old Lutz place".

- Some lady's husband gets completely squished to death by a huge snake, which then vanishes (an epilogue explains that the lady was convicted of completely squishing her husband to death and now lives in prison).

- The whole "Amityville haunting" thing was caused by the ghost of a malformed child that some earlier family (earlier as in before the DeFeos) kept chained in the red room.

- A little boy sneaks into the house and is unwittingly killed when the deformed-child ghost somehow traps the boy's soul in its place, and the now-free deformed-child ghost goes off to wherever such ghosts go when they're freed.

- The last chapter of the book is "disconnected" from the rest of the book, in that it does not continue the narrative, but rather takes a "documentary-type" look at the book's events. It explains things like how "it is theorized that" the deformed-child ghost killed the trespassing boy (the actual switch is not described or even hinted at in the "novel portion", but only explained in the epilogue, which is good because if the epilogue didn't explain what happened, you as the reader would have no way of figuring it out; there isn't a single clue in the text).

I would say the book may not be as cartoonish as "The Horror Returns", but it is disjointed and contrived.

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

What is the plot of Amityville: The Nightmare continues?

Post by VampireKen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 am

Does anyone know the plot of this book and don't give me Wikipedia because that is what I need it for.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Post by Link the Labrador » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:03 pm

From what I understand, it's about a dollhouse that resembles the Amityville Horror House and the evil spirit that haunted the real house is in the doll house as well and it's unleashed.

I hope I got it right.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:21 pm

I guess that explains how the Amityville: Dollhouse sequel came about.

CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Post by CMite » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:39 pm

UFAlien
Amityville Addict

Post by UFAlien » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:20 pm

I just finished reading the first one...

But yeah, I've had thoughts about writing a little fictional story myself XD

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:21 am

There's actually a plot???
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Post by CMite » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:25 am

Brendan72 wrote:There's actually a plot???
No. The book has about three (maybe four) subplots that run concurrently; no main plot.