gd134 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 pm
I thought she was already dead.

Dan the Damned wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:15 pm
Will she arise on the third day?

KevinW wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:28 am
While I may not have agreed with her and Ed's views on their cases, I am sorry to hear that she's passed. :cry:

Kevin

Victoria Principles wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:19 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:19 pm
Looks like Danny Chris and Missy are the only ones left.

Rest in peace
William Weber, Laura Dadio, Marvin Scott as well as probably a few others are also still around.

underthegarden wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:28 pm
She might have been a fraud, or she might have been truly gifted. Most likely she was a bit of both, and either way, she was a legend. Most anyone who has ever had an interest in the paranormal knows her name and some of her history. She always seemed approachable, even if most of us had no way of meeting her. She had great style too, can't say she fell into the t-shirt and jeans set of ghost/demon hunters.

Rest In Peace, Lorraine. Hopefully her afterlife is free of demons, pigs named Jodie, and malevolent dolls, and filled with happy spirits, beautiful weather, and truth.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:29 am
There's no evidence to suggest she was a fraud. She probably said a few things that exaggerated claims, to increase awareness in her profession. But her work on Amityville was incredible as was the Peron haunting. Without them many hauntings would probably never have been transparent to the public, and we wouldn't be able to enjoy them.

devilbustedinct wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:06 pm
With all due respect, there is a lot of evidence to prove she was a fraud. While no one can really prove or disprove the evidence of ghosts or demons, you can follow a paper trail of lies, deceit, fraud and shrewd business negotiations that has followed the Warrens for decades. And what work did she do in Amityville that was “incredible?” They came along after the fact, just like they did in Enfield. They had nothing to do with either until after the fact, yet they claim to be the cheif investigators. They should be happy their Chevy could keep up with the ambulances. Dig a little deeper and you may find the truth. But if you ACTUALLY believe Lorraine had a telepathic conversation with a wounded Bigfoot in the deep woods of Tennessee, you are right, I can’t prove that to be fraudulent — but I have a little common sense. You have to truly ask yourself how much BS will you believe?

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:57 am
The common sense argument does not apply because the subject is the paranormal, most of it is beyond human comprehension. Like I said, I don’t doubt they said a few white lies here and there to give attention to the story. As a profession, I would love to do something along the lines of ghost hunting, demonology, but where is the money? You have to be devoted to the subject to want to do it outside a normal 9-5 job. Lorraine and Ed lived a reasonable lifestyle and were able to afford to live, 90% of that was done using good honest graft and being good at what they do. Because they said one or two half truths to get attention doesn’t mean they are frauds!

devilbustedinct wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:47 pm

“Honest?” “One or two half truths?” Again, with all due respect, I don’t think you know what you are talking about. You obviously haven’t researched the hundreds of outright lies spoken by both Ed and Lorraine that can be proven false. I’ve done this rant before a dozen times on this site and tried to give as much info and facts as possible to help enlighten those who just don’t know...so don’t take it too personally if I refresh my feelings on the matter.

You can believe Lorraine had a telepathic conversation with Bigfoot and just consider it a “half lie,” but when hundreds of “half lies” start piling up, you should be able to start doing some basic math. It’s worse when the “half lies” involve innocent people instead of Bigfoot, and are twisted into “full lies” that can be devastating to people’s lives, literally — emotionally and financially, some cases even ending in suicide.

In my opinion, the Warrens were guilty of fraud, deceit, cons, outright lies, emotional abuse, and worse. Ambulance chasers forever on the hunt for a story good enough for a book/movie deal. One close associate of Ed, a prestigious individual “in the know” accused Ed of pedophilia, as this was confirmed by numerous sources, including the victim herself, Judy Penny, Ed’s mistress for decades (she was 15 when they began a relationship). I’m assuming you already know their marriage was a business sham, and never a true marriage, right? If you don’t know what I’m talking about you can look it all up in author Gerald Brittle’s lawsuit against the Warrens (who he sued for fraud among many things), because basically (like the other authors) he was paid to make up scary fairytales for the Warrens, and when they screwed him over decades later by re-publishing one of his books he wrote for them and gave him zero royalties, and then he saw Hollywood (and Tony Spera) making freakin BILLIONS off of some of the BS he wrote, he rightfully sued for a piece of the crap.

Let’s not take into account that two of the Warren’s other authors, most prominently Ray Garton, has said for years that the book he wrote for them was complete b*llsh*t because that’s what he was paid to do. “Make up scary sh*t,” because as Ed said, “everyone that comes to us crazy” — go ahead and Google his name and read everything he has exposed about this apparently sincere, devout Catholic couple. Or maybe the lawsuit by the Glatzel family for their lies and re-printing a book about them without their knowledge or consent — not to mention the book was a complete fabrication to begin with (and is being refabricated yet again as you read this).

When you have various authors, the clergy, people involved in their cases, alI saying many of the same things and proving many of Ed and Lorraine Warren’s “facts” to be lies (not untruths, but purposeful lies), one has to seriously consider if these half truths are even true at all. Maybe quarter truths? Nope. Not even a fraction.

I’m not trolling or trying to start an argument, the information is out there for you to find. This forum has a lot of it. A lot of it is not yet publicly known, but plentiful enough for you to do some research (besides James Wan’s movies) and make a more rational decision on the validity and character of the Warrens and their motives and ethics.

Just a simple example — you are at an Amityville Horror forum, and the person you are defending, who is supposedly the most famous investigator on the case, an expert, has publicly stated on numerous occasions the entire DeFeo family was killed with a “high powered shotgun,” which I’m sure you know it completely false, and there isn’t even such a thing. Wouldn’t you expect this person, not to mention she is supposedly psychic, would at least know what type of gun killed them?

I could go on and on - Bill Ramsey was really a werewolf? G.I. Joe was really Ronald DeFeo’s ghost (even though he’s not even dead)? A moose’s antler is Padre Pio? Paul Bartz is the ghost boy? Maurice Theriault was not guilty of raping his own stepdaughter, but it was really his evil doppelgänger doing it instead — even though he had a criminal history of pedophilia? (He killed himself too not long after after being exploited by the Warrens).

They were not only protecting and enabling murderers, child molesters, and werewolves, but making a nice profit from it as well as damaging the entire field of parapsychology by giving honest investigators a bad name. As Joe Nickell said “The Warrens have never investigated a house that didn’t have a demon in it.”

And you don’t question any of this? You can believe in the paranormal and the unknown, but don’t you see any red flags here? They have sensationalized every case they’ve worked on. They had nothing to do with Amityville or Enfield as they got involved long after the supposed incidents took place. Chasing ghosts and trying to take credit from other, more legitimate researchers. Crushing skeptics and disbelievers by doing the work of God and hiding behind the church; the perfect strategy that have served them and so many other religious charlatans and criminals as well (please don’t make me start naming them).

After you contemplate the possibility of actually communicating with Bigfoot using your mind, please consider if “a few half truths” are really harmless.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I value yours, this is mine. I hope my opinion influences you to take a deeper look into what you believe and who you chose to support. The few that know me here know the efforts I have made over the years providing as much information and evidence as I could about a topic I am passionate about. Some will say I hold a grudge, have vendetta, or I’m just a hater. That’s fine. I’ve got my reasons.

On Sept 11, 2020 you will see BS from Brookfield, Connecticut break box office records with THE CONJURING 3, but the BS will be shortly wiped away with one swift stroke. I personally can’t wait to see this movie, but I won’t be giving paying one damned penny to do so. Karma is coming around, and it’s going to be quite a show.

devilbustedinct wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:04 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm
Rest in peace Lorraine.
Yes. RIP. I don’t mean to speak ill of the dead. Regardless of my opinion, I take no pleasure in the passing of anyone.

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:03 pm

I can understand your position because I no longer believe in the validity of Amityville as a genuine case of paranormal activity. I still, however, am fascinated by the personalities involved and by extension other cases "investigated" by Ed & Lorraine Warren. Please continue to share whatever info you have.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:21 am
To be fair although the Bigfoot thing sounds like bonkers to me I have no idea about that kind of unexplained mystery, nor have any interest. I would say go find a proper mystery.

I did some quick research and didn’t find much on this Judy Penny, apart from some allegations she made against Ed after he died in 2006. He was never around to defend himself. It’s amazing what people will say once a person passes over isn’t it. Not to mention disrespectful. Why not make the allegation when he was alive? Or 30 years ago? Now with a guy like Michael Jackson you could have said there were past allegations and “there’s no smoke without fire” etc, but this isn’t the case with Ed from what I know.

I’ve not heard about anyone committing suicide from dealing with the Warrens, but also this is generally a mental health problem that we can’t directly link others to causing. There was a girl in my office who committed suicide, as she was under pressure at work and for whatever reason wanted to end her life. Unfortunately she was having a war with her mind and my workplace wasn’t responsible for those internal problems.

In general shotguns are enough to cause a lot of damage so calling a gun high-powered isn’t exactly completely incorrect. It’s quite subjective. I have no knowledge on firearms though as guns have never been an issue in my country.

Now, let’s stop with spreading these shady rumours, and keep this thread to a memoir of Lorraine Warren.

devilbustedinct wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm
I apologize. I didn t realize this thread was a memoir to Lorraine. I thought it was a place to discuss the paranormal. Facts aren t shady rumors. The problem could be quick fact checking by just using the Internet. It takes a lot more that that. Please believe whatever you like. The things I reference I have clearly provided facts and links for further reading numerous times on this site, including suicides you never heard of (Maurice Theriault for one). But I am not wasting more time repeating myself trying to convert another person who chooses to believe the ridiculous. That s your business. I m really only trying to help. I will now leave this topic as I didn t read the part where it was to memorialize her. How rude of me. I won t bump one of my own old threads, but maybe there will be a new thread at some point to intelligently discuss the things we touched upon. Until then, load your silver bullets, get a statue of Padre Pio, and say hi to Bigfoot for me =ÿM‹ (all in good jest).

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:20 am
I've only just heard about this (been very sick and in hospital for a while)

While I never bought into what the Warren's did professionally, I'm respectful of them as people and I'm sad she's gone. She seemed like a very classy lady.

I hope she's been reunited with Ed someplace.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 pm
Classy huh? Respect? You're in a world of hurt!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/amityvill ... n-has-died

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:53 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:21 am
To be fair although the Bigfoot thing sounds like bonkers to me I have no idea about that kind of unexplained mystery, nor have any interest. I would say go find a proper mystery.
Actually “Bigfoot” is no more silly than anything paranormal.

Many people of sound mind have seen these animals and it’s very possible it’s a believed to be extinct species of ape.

Cryptozoology is very interesting and is most likely animals that weren’t extinct as believed. There’s also a theory of a “wrinkle in time”, i.e. where some places are magnetically charged and can somehow give people a glimpse into the past.

Some are also believed to be government experiments that escaped.

All credible theories. Just because they get silly nicknames doesn’t make the field silly.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am
Wondering what happens to the Warrens' room of haunted objects now they've both passed on?

My bet is Zak Bagans will buy it all.

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 am
Probably her daughter and son-in-law will keep it open. Don’t they also have a newphew who is in the paranormal business?

underthegarden wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 pm
Yes - his name is Chris McKinnell, and he's on Twitter (Facebook too, if you still have a Facebook account). Looks like museum won't open for a while, but perhaps wouldn't hurt to tweet him in a few months to see if there are any updates.

@ChrisMckinnell

For the many people asking, the museum remains in the family and is closed indefinitely due to new zoning laws. There are no plans to open it in the near future.

5:32 AM - 26 Apr 2019

believer wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 pm
underthegarden....

Chis McKinnell is Lorraine's grandson....not son-in-law. Tony Spera is married to Lorraine and Ed's only daughter, Judy.

And the nephew you're referring to is John Zaffis.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 am
The New England Society for Psychic Research Continues the Work of Ed & Lorraine Warren

Now, decades later, their legacy lives on through their son-in-law, Tony Spera, and his team at the New England Society for Psychic Research (NESPR)...
https://vivaglammagazine.com/the-new-en ... ne-warren/