General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

February 14, 1976 Newsday article

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:11 pm

The following posts were deleted from this thread due to an accident:

msmart112 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:17 pm
Here is the first newspaper article that ever mentioned the Lutzes and 112 Ocean Avenue.

I may have posted it years ago...but it would have been Photobucket ( :roll: )...so here it is again for anyone who hasn't seen it...

msmart112 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:36 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:12 am
Thanks Max.

Here's a clearer picture of the damaged storm door:

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:57 am
Never seen that before. Knowing the story of how that happened and now seeing it, that's scary.

I've never seen a storm do that before so I have my doubts over the "official explanation".

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:04 pm
Thanks for the clearer photo, sherbet.

I see newspapers piling up. My neighborhood has houses like that even when people are living there to pick up the papers. :D

msmart112 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:52 pm

henry_kaney wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:30 pm
Sherb, that would coincide with what George said happened on the morning they fled the house (according to Anson's account), that he reportedly saw the storm door was ripped off its hinges again...

msmart112 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:38 pm
If you right-click and save this article (as well as the previous ones)...the downloaded image(s) will be larger.

secondoon wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:44 am
Wow!

However, you will note that what the Lutz's state occured is very different from the Jay Anson book. Why? Because Anson was only interested in making money. Of course the Lutz's were exploiting their situation, but who wouldn't ? The lies in the book were Jay Anson and the lawyer's making. Weber, a lawyer (does anyone trust lawyers? I trust law enforcement more than lawyers and that says a lot), saw an angle for his client , DeFeo, plus an opportunity for more publicity (read more money). I worked for a number of years with pro bono lawyers doing community work in Chicago. Even the best-intentioned of these lawyers never failed to perceive longer-range money making opportunities in their pro bono work (not from the families and youth they represented, but from civil suits filed on behalf of these people, their clients). George and Kathy Lutz, like most people, saw no wrong in making money (they made a pitiful amount compared to film and book producers). However they both passed expert lie detector tests (unlike "Fire in the Sky" where some local yokel, subject to bribery, passed 6 people).

If you can, find the Lutz's polygraph transcript ... it was no cake-walk. Skeptics focus on the book and fil ...Lutz's told the truth, at least initially.