"Our Haunted Lives" - with George interview

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

"Our Haunted Lives" - with George interview

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:02 am

Our Haunted Lives: True Life Ghost Encounters (Paperback)
by Jeff Belanger

Paperback: 224 pages

Publisher: New Page Books; 1st edition (July 11, 2006)

http://www.ghostvillage.com/legends/index.shtml
Ghostvillage.com's Our Haunted Lives theme is sponsored by Ghostvillage.com founder, Jeff Belanger's new book, "Our Haunted Lives: True Life Ghost Encounters"

A Look at Our Haunted Lives By Jeff Belanger

Since I began writing about the supernatural almost 10 years ago, I?ve had the pleasure of speaking with many hundreds of people about their brush with the unexplained. I?ve learned that just about everyone has a ghost story -- something they?ve either witnessed personally or a ghost experience they know about that has been told to them by someone close.

Last year I embarked on a mission to document significant ghost encounters. My objective was to speak with people from many different walks of life and find out not only what supernatural phenomena they experienced, but how it has affected their lives. I wanted to present these encounters in the words of the witnesses, leaving the nuances and language of the conversations as intact as possible -- because this is how people talk.

I also wanted to look closely at one of the most famous hauntings of all time: the Amityville, New York case from 1975. There have been many books and movies made based (often very loosely) on the events that happened to George Lutz and his family. Some claimed Lutz to be perpetrating a fraud. Others said the house on Ocean Avenue was home to something truly evil. To get the whole story, I spoke with George Lutz himself. We spent several hours going over everything that happened to him from the summer of 1975, right up until present day. Here?s a short excerpt from George Lutz:
There were a number of times I would think a clock radio or something went off downstairs. I heard what I can only term as a marching band tuning up, and at one time it had sounded like they had rolled up the carpet there were so many footsteps down there. So much noise. And you go running downstairs to see what it is or what caused this, and you get to the landing halfway down and there?s nothing, and the dog would be asleep. And he was a young black lab and they?re hyper -- they just don?t sleep through stuff, they wake up?
In May of 2006, George Lutz passed away unexpectedly. He was 59 years old. This interview was one of the last major interviews Mr. Lutz gave on his Amityville experiences. I?m honored to be able to pass on his story in his words in Our Haunted Lives.
Some of the interview can be read here: http://www.ghostvillage.com/legends/200 ... 2005.shtml

Jeff Belanger will also be on Coast to Coast tomorrow http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=3828

See also http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20060713/ ... eb409377_1

Thanks to Max!
Last edited by sherbetbizarre on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

COUNTRY HAM
Amityville Addict

Post by COUNTRY HAM » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:49 pm

Wow! Thanks for sending this. I'll have to look for it. :D
"HOT DAMN! I'm a COUNTRY HAM!"

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:31 am

Thanks for the head's-up Sherb! I'll definitely be checking this one out, the partial interview posted was interesting.

littlemissfitz
Mother of TWO horrors

Post by littlemissfitz » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:40 pm

You want some REAL horror? Spend a day with my kids................

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:18 pm

littlemissfitz wrote:Does anyine know what the stories are? Apparently Linn Nonnewitz (from info on Tracey's site) says the haunting is rubbish & didn't happen. I've often thought that she could know more information than she has let on. She is probably one of the last surviving people who was close to the family.

Close to the family?

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... 6&start=21

As far as I'm aware, she was the housekeeper for the DeFeo Family, not the Lutz Family.

Therefore, how could she be aware of what went on in that house while the Lutz Family occupied 112 Ocean Avenue?

littlemissfitz
Mother of TWO horrors

Post by littlemissfitz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:38 am

Er....I think you need to re-read the post dear - we ARE talking about the DeFeo family -

He told us a number of strange stories about the housekeeper for the DeFeo family, and different events that had taken place over the years that he had heard.

Where are you getting the idea I was talking about the Lutz's?

I think it's perfectly rational to think that the housekeeper was, and still is one of the closest (not necessarily best friends with Louise 'close') but nearest to what was going on as she spent a lot of time in the house.

I think she probably knows more than anyone what went on in the house.

COUNTRY HAM
Amityville Addict

Post by COUNTRY HAM » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:15 am

Is there a hardback edition to the book?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:08 am

COUNTRY HAM wrote:Is there a hardback edition to the book?
Softback only.

My short review has got lost! :?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:11 am

littlemissfitz
Mother of TWO horrors

Post by littlemissfitz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:49 pm

COUNTRY HAM
Amityville Addict

Post by COUNTRY HAM » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:26 pm

I just got a copy of the book about a few weeks ago. I tried to tell you guys about it, but something went wrong where I couldn't get to the forums.
But i'm back now, and I thought I would tell you guys.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Here's an interview with Jeff, where he talks about George and the Warren's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdgZavI91Fo

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:34 pm

This is interesting...I never knew the DeFeo family had a housekeeper. I'm surprised more hasn't been mentioned about her.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Jetstar3D
Shiner

Post by Jetstar3D » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:59 pm

And knowing is half the battle...

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:28 pm

Great find!! Thanks for posting this piece. I think this is the best interview from George I had ever read!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:35 am

It's worth getting the book for the full interview :wink:

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:23 am

With George now gone it is a treasure to have these interviews to go back and review.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:54 pm

Strange though... In that interview, he says he interviewed George "for hours and hours," but the interview doesn't seem long enough for that.

That would point to it being edited, but he says "the book contains the full interview"... :?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:50 am

White Noise Paranormal Radio Show
Special Guest: Jeff Belanger

Host: Famously Haunted's White Noise Paranormal Radio Show
Start Time: Friday, June 19, 2009 at 10:00pm
End Time: Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 12:00am
Phone: 07827424656
Email: kellywhitenoise@aol.com

DescriptionJoin the White Noise Paranormal Radio team for the thirteenth instalment of the second season of their acclaimed guest based talk show.

Jason and Kelly will be joined this week by author Jeff Belanger.

Things take a academic turn this week as the team are joined by American author and paranormal researcher Jeff Belanger.

Jeff has written nine books on the paranormal and continues to be one of the USA’s leading authorities on the subject. He also founded one of the internet’s first online paranormal resource and community websites (www.ghostvillage.com) back in 1999 which is still going strong 10 years later. Jeff has also made numerous television and radio appearances, including such shows as ‘Maury Povich’.

Join us LIVE to find out his latest discoveries, theories and ghostly stories.

Questions for Jeff and the team can be sent in by email to:

Kellywhitenoise@aol.com

prior to the show commencing at 10pm (GMT) or you can text your question to:

UK Listeners: 07599 595 742

USA Listeners: 44 7599 595 742

Alternatively you can ask your questions in our Blogtalk Radio Chatroom live during the broadcast.

White Noise Paranormal Radio broadcasts live every Friday night from 10pm (London) until midnight, exclusively on the BlogTalkRadio network.

** Visit our BRAND NEW website at: http://whitenoiseradio.webs.com **

To Join The Forum Visit FACEBOOK

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:38 am

Interesting. The guy who interviewed George right before he died. A pretty lengthy interview, it seems.

I wonder what questions I'd ask him...