MY VISIT TO THE HOUSE (Pix, videos, short talk with Brian).

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

MY VISIT TO THE HOUSE (Pix, videos, short talk with Brian).

Postby Architect of light 75 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:02 am

Hello folks :)

How are you all doing ?

I'm finally showing you the results of my visit to the Amityville House.

It was Sunday, December the 31 2006. We took the train at Penn Station (NY) and it took about 1 hour and a half to get to Amityville. Then we walked..

No more talks, let's the images relate you all..

Track 16 to..
Babylon ? What a name.. No wonder why Amityville has a sad history :?

Here we are..

No doubts

We're close..

First, let's have some slices at the Blue "T" Pizza (thanks Evanguy2004 :wink: )

It's right beside the Dollar store where was... we know the story..

Ok, let's enter..

The view when you're inside

I had 2 slices of that Chicken barbecue pizza

Ok enough, let's have a walk!

On this Avenue..

You can see some nice houses on that Avenue, look at these..

Mmm.. that house reminds me something, but it's just another one without any interests..

Damned.. that one too reminds me something but it's not the good one..

Let's walk a little bit more...

The numbers on my left show 90....100...then... then...

The House..

Beautiful.. Let's take some more pix

Suddenly a Range Rover arrived quickly, parked beside The House and Mister Brian Wilson who drove got out with a young man of about 20 years old. They entered The House very quickly. You can see the Range Rover on the next pix. I did not take a picture of them since I knew it was not the thing to do.
So I just took some pix of The House since he did not say a word to me even if he saw me..

Your servant, Architect of Light, in front of The House..

Some more pix..

Ho.. somebody is looking at me.. I'm not kidding folks. Look at the bottom windows, the one in the middle, on the right, look closer.. I swear you can see "it" but it's not big enough here

Yes it's him, mister Brian Wilson. He saw me, he was looking at me with his hands on his shoulder and I told him "Good morning" my right hand waving. Then he walked inside The House.

On that one too, you can see him. Still at the bottom window but the one at the right now, on the left side

One more

Then he opened the door and made a step out and told me (this is the short talk) :

"Don't you think you have taken enough pictures ?"

Then I walked to him and I said : "Sorry Sir but I'm from Switzerland and I just wanted to see your house so much".

Brian : "It's okay but it's not a main attraction, it's a private place and you have taken a lot of pictures".

Me : "You are right Sir, I'm not going to stay, I'm leaving now".

Brian : "Ok, move on Swiss guy"

:P

He looked like James Brolin to me :lol:

I should have asked him if I could come in but I knew I could not bother him anymore so I left. His voice was polite, he did not seem nervous at all but just explaining.

Now you can see you 2 short video films that I did with my cellphone. I was doing all the pix (except the one I'm on), and I did the video shots, so the videos are short and not great but you still can see The House..

There is no sound at all on that video, sorry..

:wink:

Here you can hear a dog barking and see a shape on the ground :shock:

See you next time big House :P !

That's all folks !

I hope you enjoyed my report :)

If you want any pictures, then write me in private and give me one of your e-mail adress. The 2 pix where you can see Brian are no jokes, I swear you can see him where I told you. I can send you the original pix so you can see him, there are a lot bigger than the ones posted (but please show some patience).

I wish you all a very nice day :idea:
Last edited by Architect of light 75 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Millergirl#4 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:02 am

Hey Arc,

Thanks for showing us your pics, they are awesome and I loved the commentary that went along with it!
Millergirl#4
668 - The neighbour of the beast

Postby Dan the Damned » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:36 am

I agree with MillerGirl - good job Swiss guy. Funny conversation with Mr Wilson. I think you were right in not asking to go inside - that might have gotten him angry.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby OldSoul70 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:02 pm

THanks for the pics. Im glad to see that Wilson didn't get all crazy on you. Im also glad to see that the nieghbors didnt do anything, usualy they like to come out and tell people to leave if they are taking pics of the house. Good work though.
OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:42 pm

Yeah. And again, its probably best that you didn't meet up with anyone beforehand. You probably would have gotten a worse response if it wasn't just the two of you.

Two is a couple. Three can be seen as a group - a threat...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby BillyCigars » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:52 pm

Great pics & story Architect!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."
BillyCigars
American Psycho

Postby Clockwork » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Yeah they are amazing, and you got to meet the infamous Mr Wilson! I bet you were nervous! :D
Come and play with us Danny..
Clockwork
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:15 pm

You took the mystery out of Brian Wilson. You were about the only one who met him.

I liked it better when no one saw him and he was a man of mystery and intrique.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:47 pm

Thanks!

James Brolin, really?

From how he looks now?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby thecount » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:57 pm

Thanx for posting this Arch! Great pix! I bet everyone on the board has been looking forward to this post. :D

I'm sure someone will ask for the pix with Mr. Wilson in the window, just to blow it up to see his face there, haha.

And a damn fine weather there too!! Where I live, which is in Bergen - Norway, we have had rain for 73 days straight now! Oh man, I miss the summer....
-Death is a final for only the living, the spirit will always remain.
thecount
Amityville Addict

Postby shank » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:07 pm

:D Arclight!...You rule! Definetly worth the wait!........Thankyou for sharing those pictures and story. It's kinda like we all went with you. Again, Sorry I was so impatient. :D .....Shank

P.S.
I am going to convince my wife that we are now naming are first born...."Arclight" in your honor :D
Whatever.

shank
Carpe Diem

Postby Secrets » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:56 pm

Great stuff - thanxs a lot for sharing! :D
Secrets
Do Angels Talk?

Postby tedbot » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:38 pm

That was very cool! Loved the running commentary that went along with it. Excellent job!
Are you looking at me?
tedbot
not the face!

Postby evanguy2004 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:59 pm

tedbot wrote:That was very cool! Loved the running commentary that went along with it. Excellent job!

Dang Arch of Light!!!! I must say having been to the house two times myself that these pictures are the best I have ever seen! You did it buddy!!!! Very, very nice job indeed! You took some great pics of the house that will be cherished forever! The only other view you might have taken was from the rear of the house. Did you go across the river and view the house from there? You can get some pretty good pics from that angle too. Did you go up Ireland and see the old house that once stood on the property? I too enjoyed your commentary and your great sense of humor!!! You came through for us Arch of Light!!! I declare the first Friday the 13th of 2007 "Arch of Light Day" in your honor!! Cheers!!!
evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Postby liebesspiel » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:01 pm

How old is Mr. Wilson?

I'm planning to go there in April. I just hope Mr. Wilson doesn't see me through the windows lol

:lol:
liebesspiel
Amityville Addict

Postby bobbo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:58 am

Archlight, you bold son-of-a-gun! In all of the years I've been lurking and learning on this site, you're the first to have had the pleasure of speaking to Mr. Wilson in person...

I've been following your other thread concerning this trip for quite some time, and I've been "pulling" for you silently, pard...and you came through famously! Big, big congratulations are in order, hoss. Very good, thank you so much for a great experience! "A+" in my books, everyone agree?

Okay,
Bobbo
What the Hell are we standing here listening to?
bobbo
Amityville Addict

Postby evanguy2004 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:01 pm

Arch,

I'm curious did you see anyone else looking at the house the same time you were there? Was there a lot of traffic and other people walking by the house? Can you really see Brian Wilson looking out the window in these pics? My monitor is rather on the dark side and I can't see anyone. Am I alone on this or does anyone else see him?
evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Postby Architect of light 75 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:08 am

Hi Millergirl#4, Dan the Damned, OldSoul70, BillyCigars, Clockwork, Victoria Principles, sherbetbizarre, thecount, shank, Secrets, tedbot, evanguy2004, liebesspiel, bobbo !!

How are you all doing band of crazy afficionados ? :o

Thank you for all your comments and questions. I'm going to answer to them all here. I thought it would be better to wait for some questions to answer them all in 1 mail. So here they are.

Yes I was a little nervous when I saw the Range Rover arriving to The House. First I thought I had to leave but then since Brian looked at me and did not say a word, I stayed. After all, it was the early afternoon and I was on the sidewalk which is a public way and I was almost alone since my wife was already looking at other houses.

Kids I saw in the Blue T Pizza were walking in my direction so I asked them if they knew where was the place where the small house that was originally on the "112" was standing but they could not give me the answer. I think I did not tell them the right place but did not really care, The House was the goal of my visit and my wife did not want to stay more than 25 minutes.. :? (I guess the best way to go is only 2 people or alone).

Sorry Victoria Principles that I met Brian, but what could I do ? I knew it was going to happen since I always do something different and I thought it was time for someone to finally meet him and have a short talk :wink: So why not the Architect of Light who always tries to build some positive things ?

Yes I thought he looked like James Brolin as he is now. Even if Brian was smaller than me (and Brolin is taller than me), I thought Brian looked like Brolin. Maybe because he has white hair and my memories directly connected Brian to the handsome Brolin who gave an interview about the first movie in my collector dvd of the movie. I guess the first "man" who comes to mind as the owner is "Mister Lutz" and then James Brolin since it was my first step into the "Amityville world" back in the early 90.

Yes The Count, you really can see Brian on the pix I said, it's not a joke at all. He was looking at me through the window and I told him "Good morning" waving with my right hand (even if it was the early afternoon.. I guess it was a reflex.. :lol: ) I tried to post them at the real size I took them but even Photobucket or any other photo hosts did not give me the possibility. I don't know how to do it..

Thanks Shank for your son's first name, make sure it does not bring problems into your couple, it's not worth it :wink:

I know Evanguy2004, pix of the rear of The House could have been good. I thought about it when I was there, but believe me, when I saw Brian arriving and him through the windows I thought that the rear side was already seen and that I should focus my mind on the moment and the possibility to catch him through any windows and I did. My wife also wanted to leave as soon as it was done since she did not feel comfortable.
Thanks for the first Friday the 13th, I hope Mister Voorhies won't come to me to claim his rights :wink:

I would say that Brian is in his 50. So he looked younger than James Brolin who is 67 years old now (answer for Liebesspiel).

No evanguy2004, nobody else was there to look at The House like me. And maybe only one person walked there while I was taking pix. The kids who where in the pizza restaurant walked on the other side of the street. But it was funny because once a car came and was full of young guys and girls in their 20 and since they knew why I was there they looked at me, smiled. The driver shows me his fist and waved at The House and laughed, I found it funny :lol: Others cars drove through the streets, some persons looked at me, just did not smile and just passed. Nobody (except Brian), told me to leave or nothing.

That's a point actually. I was acting normally, I mean I was standing and taking pix during the day. Nobody can tell you to leave since you don't look like a burglar. It's during the afternoon, you're discreet but not enough to be dubious looking like a burglar, come on, you just are an Amityville afficionados, a specie who came all the way to shot a house :P

I did not scream, talked loudly to my wife or jumped of joy, I was just standing on the sidewalk. As you can see on the pic where I'm, I don't look like a punk but just like a man with a camera. By the way I always stood on the sidewalk, except when Brian talked to me, I walked to him and was into the property but he was talking to me, so..

I was thinking while he was talking to me. He seemed to be a little bit impressed by me. My wife and friends often tell me I'm impressing since I'm tall and well built (I do a lot of sport), so that's maybe why he was impressed. I was also thinking that I should have asked him more things or that I should have walked more to him like "I can't hear you, let me come closer" just to see more details :wink: But I knew it was maybe not a thing to do for a man who must be really tired of visitors. But again, he did not talk to me in a nervous way.

Ok don't hesitate to give me your e-mail adress if you want the 2 pix where Brian is on. The 1174 pix is the best of both, you can clearly see him with his gray sweater. It's more difficult to see him on the 1175 pic. You'll see him but he looks like a ghost actually, I'm not joking, he really does :o

So ask me for the pix, I'll send you the original size ones where you can clearly see him.

Alright, see you later guys, I wish you all a great day and night :idea:

P.S: I saw The House and spoke to Brian, have you ? :P
Last edited by Architect of light 75 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:18 am

I just want to add - if anyone has a photo of Brian Wilson, please do not post it. He's just a guy. There's no reason for us to see what he looks like, and its really a violation of his privacy.

This guy is just the current owner of the house. He is not connected with the murders or haunting. There is no mystery surrounding him.

Sorry - just wanted to make my position clear on that before we start seeing photos pop up in the near future. :)
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:37 am

Thanks, Dan!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby LilJuicedCoupe » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:40 am

Wow those are some great pics! The area still looks the same as i remember it but the house just doesn't look scary anymore without those windows. I'm glad Mr. Wilson was so understanding but i would immagine there is not much onlookers like there used to be. I couldn't fathom being the Cromarties. But for $35,000 for that house i would learn to deal. :D
LilJuicedCoupe
Kats 12 inch hotrodder

Next

Return to Amityville Discussion