1999 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

1999 parole hearing transcripts

Postby msmart112 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:25 pm

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:10 pm

Thanks Max - these are great to see! :D

Interesting to note: his story here is that he was downstairs in the basement and suddenly heard the shots. He ran upstairs, saw Allison was murdered, then ran up to Dawn's room. "Oh my God, Butch, you are not supposed to be here," Dawn exclaims just before she grabbed the rifle, causing a fight for the gun between the two of them - a fight Ronnie won - which ended with Ronnie shooting Dawn to death.

Ronnie states he did not kill any other family member.

We see on page 8 how Ronnie states clearly that Dawn grabbed the gun (which led to them fighting over its control). And also on page 4, Ronnie describes the altercation as, "...I took the gun away from her, threw her down on the bed and I shot her."

And yet on page 12, Ronnie states, "...if I wasn't using any of this [drugs], I would have definitely done things entirely different. I would not have picked the gun up. I might have got in a fight, but I would not have picked that gun up."

So this seems confusing to me. At one moment he describes wrestling with Dawn over control of the gun, and eventually taking it away from her. So at what point did Ronnie "pick up the gun"?

I know, I know - Ronnie is saying the only time he touched the gun was when he killed Dawn - but I'm thinking the phrase "picked that gun up" is coming from his subconscious, referring not to the supposed wrestling match with Dawn, but possibly to the truth, when Ronnie first picked up the rifle that night and walked to his parents' bedroom.

And I wonder if the parole board viewed it the same way - like he was giving conflicting information.

Ronnie's version also seems conflicting when on page 7 he states that he was in the basement, heard a loud muffled noise, and ran upstairs to see what it was (discovering his dead little sister and then wrestling/killing Dawn). Later (on page 9) Ronnie says he heard the one shot (the only shot he heard that night), and THEN he went downstairs, and came back upstairs later on. :?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

proven?

Postby Tim » Fri May 08, 2009 11:42 am

Was it ever proven that there were other people in the house? He says it was proven...... He's gotta know that the paroll board can go back and verify any/everything, that'd their job. It seems to me as if he's trying to cast doubt by saying there were others. Then of course you can't subpeona the friend in question because he has passed away......So if there's doubt it stops there....This transcript flies in the face(No pun intended) of the video testimony I watched where he describes first-hand shooting his father after Dawn handed him the rifle.The interviewer was a psychologist.
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri May 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Yes, I saw that show, too. It was an interview with Ronnie in a program called "First Person Killers" which first aired in 2006.

The parole board won't subpeona someone that Ronnie claims was in the house that night. That's something to be done during a re-trial or appeal. The parole board, just like the prison, treats the prisoner as if they were guilty of the crime in which they were convicted.

Their guilt is not in question. If/when they ask "did you do it," they do so in part to see whether the prisoner has accepted responsibility for his acts. Its part of judging whether or not he feels remorse for his crimes. They are not asking in order to judge whether or not he was wrongly convicted.

But as you could probably tell during that interview, Ronnie is not too bright. He treats these parole hearings as if its a trial. But what they are looking for are things like remorse, the seriousness of the crime, and whether he poses a threat to the public (not good when you claim during your trial that you felt cheated from killing more people)...

Ronnie is not as infamous as Charles Manson, but I think he holds the same chance at getting a parole...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Dutchcolonial » Fri May 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:..........Ronnie is not too bright.......... not as infamous as Charles Manson, but I think he holds the same chance at getting a parole..........

“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975
Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri May 08, 2009 2:19 pm

LMAO! Yes, sorry to break the news to ya!!! :D
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Shawn » Fri May 08, 2009 2:49 pm

LMFAO!!!!!

Bad dutch! Naughty Dutch! LOL ;)
Shawn
Been there, Done that

Postby Dutchcolonial » Sat May 09, 2009 12:49 am

From The Night Exposed Board:

Nevada Bound wrote:I've found over the years that there's a group that's intractable and will not budge out of a black and white area while everyone else sees varying degrees of grey and will give a bit one way or the other. If it's wrong, it's always wrong and you can talk until you're blue and it won't change.

I couldn't agree more. It's called a jury.
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975
Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat May 09, 2009 10:48 am

If it's wrong, it's always wrong and you can talk until you're blue and it won't change.

I agree. If something is wrong, then it is always wrong. Why would someone change their mind about that (unless it wasn't really wrong to begin with)...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: 1999 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Jacobmarley1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:53 pm

On page 5, Ronnie is talking about his drug use, past and present, but it is blacked out. I wonder why, and I wonder what he as telling the board.
Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Re: 1999 parole hearing transcripts

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:06 pm

He might be talking about his hepatitis. Perhaps they censored out personal health details...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Return to DeFeo Discussion