AMITYVILLE - The Nightmare Continues

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Monty2008
Amityville Member

AMITYVILLE - The Nightmare Continues

Post by Monty2008 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:51 am

What do people think of this book ?

I have to say I loved it when first read it as was so hungry for 'new' Amityville' info but felt so pissed when found out it was all fiction... I mean it claims to be 'whats now known as the second Amityville haunting / event ' but we know this was pure bull.. Still think it would of made for a good mini series rather then the other books that where turned into moives.

Maybe start a section on here to discuss the books & movies , artwork etc

So what was the last Amityville book to be published ?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:18 am

Is this a different book than "Amityville II: The Terror Continues" by John G Jones?

I don't even know all the names of the various Amityville books. I'm not saying its a huge list - just that I don't know.

With the movies its easy - just a quick visit to imdb.

Surely there must be a similar site for info about books. If someone finds one, make out a list of the various Amityville books, their authors and when they were first published.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:12 pm

Dan...here's a link to a page detailing "The Amityville Horror" book sequels, including Amityville: The Nightmare Continues. Book cover artwork from each novel listed is also included on this page.

In addition, all the sequels, with the exception of "The Amityville Horror" remake (2005) are listed and mentioned in order as well. Posters/original VHS box artwork/photos are also included.

http://chatanuga.org/Amitypt5.html

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:33 pm

Ah, yeah - that's KevinW's site. He's a member here.

So there's a list of books there - I wonder if its a complete or partial list...

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:10 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Ah, yeah - that's KevinW's site. He's a member here.
He is? I didn't know that. I wonder if after all this time (I believe he started the website in 2000) he still believes "The Amityville Horror" to be a hoax.

I have to admit that he put up a pretty good argument concerning the "hoax" scenario, and to be honest, his site and Ric Osauna's site almost had me convinced of it-until I found this fourm and became a little more open-minded after reading posts from other members.

At this point, I'm still not "pro-haunting" or "pro-hoax" just yet. There's so much convincing evidence leaning towards both sides.

I think, for the most part, no one, except for a very few select individuals, will ever REALLY know what happened in that dutch-colonial house in Amityville, so in my mind, I'm not sure it really matters whether there was a hoax or a legitimate haunting-I enjoy debating and exploring both sides of the matter, regardless of what the real "truth" is.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:10 pm

I think Kevin still believes it was a hoax. After all, he has "copyright 2008" on the bottom of his pages, which likely means he updated them this year. But this site was made for everyone on both "sides" of the issue. I know a lot of people think its just for believers of the haunting, but its meant for everyone to come, ask questions (esecially when George was here) and argue their points.

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:32 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I think Kevin still believes it was a hoax. After all, he has "copyright 2008" on the bottom of his pages, which likely means he updated them this year. But this site was made for everyone on both "sides" of the issue. I know a lot of people think its just for believers of the haunting, but its meant for everyone to come, ask questions (esecially when George was here) and argue their points.
I'm on the fence on the whole Amityville Horror story. Of course I know most of it was made up but I am a believer if there is a god then there is a devil. So for me it isn't that far fetched to think there might have been some supernatural event that took place during the Lutz's stay.

Dan, Bottom line since you were on a first name basis with George. Did he go to his grave totally believing in his story? If so then I have to think there was something to it.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Yes, George has always maintained that the haunting was real.

And its not just a matter of George always standing by the story, but Kathy and the kids as well. All of them, to the best of our knowledge, have always stood by the haunting as being very real and very frightening. And they've kept that point of view despite their personal problems with one another.

Just to clear up a couple of things, though - even though I seem to be the big-mouth on this board, I only knew George for his last couple of years. Sherb and BillyCigars knew him years longer than I did.

And I wouldn't say "most" of the story was made-up. In the book, most of it was real, but a lot of those real events were shifted around time-frame-wise. Aside from that, the only fiction in the book (off the top of my head) was:

--there was no slime oozing from the walls

--they didn't take Danny to the hospital when he hurt his hand

--George did not see a phantom face in the red room

--the slime didn't reappear at Kathy's mom's house

I'm probably forgetting something, but that's all I can think of at the moment...

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:25 pm

chichibcc wrote:
He is? I didn't know that. I wonder if after all this time (I believe he started the website in 2000) he still believes "The Amityville Horror" to be a hoax.
Yes, I still believe the Amityville case to be a hoax. Granted, something could have happened to the Lutzes, and it was just blown out of proportion from what really happened. However, I haven't seen anything to lean me towards an actual haunting taking place.

As far as books and movies go, I have all of the books with seven printings of the original novel. The only book not listed is Ric Osuna's book. I also need to update the site with the remake.

I'm wanting to do a complete overhaul of the site, putting things into a more chronological order, citing references, etc., but I've been so busy with everything in my personal life over the past few years that I haven't had the time I need to do any work on it other than update the copyright at the bottoms of the pages and update links when necessary.

Kevin

Monty2008
Amityville Member

Post by Monty2008 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:05 am

Yeah Amityville The Nightmare Continues is different from Amityville II ,

On the fence these days myself with it.... I am interested in the who media stuff that surrounds Amityville but as for the haunting I am really not so sure .....

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:09 am

Well, if anyone has any questions to ask, or wants to discuss a particular aspect of the haunting which causes you to doubt, feel free to start a thread (or resurrect an old one). That's what this place is for. :D

sf_slayer
Amityville Addict

Post by sf_slayer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:37 am

Dan,

Tha's a partial list. There's a lot more books than just the ones he posted. I own 99% of the books ever written. Will compile a list for you.

So there's a list of books there - I wonder if its a complete or partial list...

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:37 am

Fantastic! :D

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:20 am

I stumbled upon this book by accident over a decade ago. I think two of the main characters were children. The book didn't keep my attention long enough to finish it.

kudzu
Amityville Addict

Post by kudzu » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:22 pm

i read (and still own) all of those terrible sequels because if it has Amityville on it, chances are I'm gonna buy it. Well, except for that "Amityville House of Pancakes" nonsense. i enjoyed most of them for what they were. I thought the haunted lamp one was a bit much. And the other one by Holzer..."Secrets of Amityville" or whatever it was called...was just silly. I started writing my own a few years ago but didn't get very far. I found that even trying to make it serious and avoid the cheese factor was very difficult to do.

As for the movies, I don't think I'll ever get all the sequels on DVD. Some of them are just unwatchable.

I am still waiting on one of us to actually build a replica house and then have a big house party we can all come to and spend the weekend screening the films and being nerdy. As soon as I win lotto I'll get started on my own.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:46 pm

kudzu wrote:i read (and still own) all of those terrible sequels because if it has Amityville on it, chances are I'm gonna buy it. Well, except for that "Amityville House of Pancakes" nonsense.
What is "Amityville House of Pancakes?"

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:01 am

Slayer... since we're in the same City, would you mind PMing me the list of books you have? Maybe we could do a borrowing trade? :)
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:55 am

kudzu wrote:As for the movies, I don't think I'll ever get all the sequels on DVD. Some of them are just unwatchable.
Well you say that, but judging on some of the more recent horror movies released, to me they are considered minor classics.

kudzu
Amityville Addict

Post by kudzu » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:42 pm

chichibcc wrote:
kudzu wrote:i read (and still own) all of those terrible sequels because if it has Amityville on it, chances are I'm gonna buy it. Well, except for that "Amityville House of Pancakes" nonsense.
Its a collection of weird stories. Here is the Amazon link.
http://www.amazon.com/Amityville-House- ... 300&sr=1-1

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:48 pm

kudzu wrote:
chichibcc wrote:
Its a collection of weird stories. Here is the Amazon link.
http://www.amazon.com/Amityville-House- ... 300&sr=1-1
Thanks....I'd never heard of this book before. Maybe I'll read it one day.

JODY FRIEND
Amityville Addict

Post by JODY FRIEND » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:28 pm

house of panckakes? it sounds good