New Feature Available: Amityville Article Archive

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

New Feature Available: Amityville Article Archive

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:47 pm

We recently put up a bunch of articles from newspapers, magazines and the like (from over the years), all about the murders and the haunting. Its stuff that might help you research the case.

As you read them, you'll notice a common theme is that basically every article gets at least one thing wrong. Sometimes its even humorous how much they get wrong. So read this stuff with a grain of salt -- they still contain valuable information, despite the various errors.

www.amityvillefaq.com/research

The articles are orgainized by date. Most link directly to a PDF or JPEG (with the occasional DOC or TXT text files). Links that take you to another directory are marked [FOLDER]. That means they contain either multiple pages or different copies of the same article.

The duplicates you'll see are there because one file might be a jpeg, and the other a PDF or something (one might be easier to read while the other might have a better photo, etc).

If you have an article that doesn't appear, let us know. And we'll be adding articles as they become available, or as we bump into them.

If you come across any mistakes in the dates or duplicates of the same file type, please let me know so I can fix it (either PM me or reply to this thread).

Thanks to everyone who helped put this together! Enjoy your weekend reading! :D

And next week we have another surprise lined up for you...

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:23 pm

This is a great idea....now everyone can find all the articles in one place. There sure are a lot of them, but they should make for some interesting reading.....
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby BillyCigars » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Dan - this is an epic effort, thanks for your hard work putting all of this together in one spot!

We oughtta sticky this thread - as well, I'll go ahead and add the link for this thread to the "Case Related Information, Interviews, & Links" thread.
Last edited by BillyCigars on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."
BillyCigars
American Psycho

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:15 pm

Oh yeah, good idea.

The reason I didn't sticky this was because I think some people just ignore all the stickies at the top. That reminds me -- we were gonna reorganize and condense some of those stickies, too...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby BillyCigars » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:16 pm

Not a bad idear :wink:
BillyCigars
American Psycho

Postby BillyCigars » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:25 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:The reason I didn't sticky this was because I think some people just ignore all the stickies at the top.

Yep, good point.
BillyCigars
American Psycho

Postby stephanie71 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:11 am

Great stories......good research......I am also getting a kick out of all of the old ads for clothing and TVs!!! $500 for a 25 inch TV????
stephanie71
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:22 pm

A major part of the thanks goes to Max, Sherb and Krissy. They found the majority of the articles you see listed. I found some others and a dozen or so came from Eric & Blaine's cool Amityville Files website.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby evanguy2004 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:29 am

BillyCigars wrote:Not a bad idear :wink:

Billy I laughed so hard about how you said "Idear"!! Living here in the Northeast I hear people say that word as if there is an "R" at the end of Idea. I'm sure that is what you were striving for with your spelling IdeaR...LOL
evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Re: New Feature Available: Amityville Article Archive

Postby csullivan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:59 am

csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Return to Amityville Discussion