Give me your opinion:

No - he's "Doing fine" thanks.
36%
YES - MOVE ON, Swiss Guy!
64%

Total votes : 25

Should we ban Architect of Light?

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:54 pm

OK, I like Arch of Light as much as the next guy.

However, I also enjoy busting his balls.

So, for a laugh, let's make him sweat a little...

:twisted:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Mark Kwan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Banning seems a little extreme but it sure would be nice if he put all of his lookalike pics in the same thread instead of flooding the Amityville Photographs forum with new topics.
Mark Kwan
Ape shall never kill ape

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:36 pm

Wouldn't that make the post/thread kinda long?
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Wouldn't it be easier to navigate the photography section if there was just one thread for "lookalike houses" instead of one thread per house?

If someone sent me 6 photos of the DeFeos (taken a few months before the murders) should I put them all in one thread, or create 6 separate threads?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:00 pm

I see your point, but seeing the "lookalike houses" in separate threads didn't really bother me, though.

But than again, everyone processes information differently, so I can see how giving each house its own thread wouldn't work for others.
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby Mark Kwan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

It is not just the lookalike pics many of the pics are very similar and do not need a separate thread. This month alone he has started over 40 threads in the Amityville Photographs forum which to me personally is ridiculous especially since it forces so many previous posts to the next page of the forum and people might miss contributions from members other than Architect of light 75. I appreciate his efforts but there are other ways to display numerous pics such as Photobucket or Flickr. These services are free and allow people to share photo albums. Best of all we would not have to see those two pics that Architect of Light 75 has under his signature every time we looked at one of his photos.
Mark Kwan
Ape shall never kill ape

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Wow Mark -- you sure have changed! Is this the same guy who would eat week-old chocolate marshmallow sauce on cam if people asked you enough times? :shock:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Mark Kwan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:55 pm

I have not changed Dan I will still eat old chocolate sauce. If you want me to prove it to you please watch my show.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/r3load-webshow

R3load is a small show that was created by Mark Kwan to talk about everything from video games to computers. If you need help with your console or computer R3load will show you, R3load will also be reviewing the newest and upcoming video games and also be talking about the new and upcoming technology. So stay tuned for more information about our webshow R3load!
Mark Kwan
Ape shall never kill ape

Postby # 13 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:33 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to navigate the photography section if there was just one thread for "lookalike houses" instead of one thread per house?

If someone sent me 6 photos of the DeFeos (taken a few months before the murders) should I put them all in one thread, or create 6 separate threads?

Hey Dan

Is there anyway to do a "sticky" thing for look alike houses or pictures of the house, that sort of thing? I don't know how a message board works or if that can be done.
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:19 am

Sure, but if we sticky all of Arch's "similar looking house" threads, they'd still take up a big chunk of the first page of that section.

If we had the ability, we would merge the threads together into one...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby # 13 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:If we had the ability, we would merge the threads together into one...

I guess that is what I really meant to ask.
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby BellWitch74 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Mark Kwan wrote:It is not just the lookalike pics many of the pics are very similar and do not need a separate thread. This month alone he has started over 40 threads in the Amityville Photographs forum which to me personally is ridiculous especially since it forces so many previous posts to the next page of the forum and people might miss contributions from members other than Architect of light 75. I appreciate his efforts but there are other ways to display numerous pics such as Photobucket or Flickr. These services are free and allow people to share photo albums. Best of all we would not have to see those two pics that Architect of Light 75 has under his signature every time we looked at one of his photos.

You don't have to open the threads.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland
BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Postby astonio » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:55 pm

They do tend to be a bit rampant, but I respect the passion. I can't vote on a member like that unless they are causing harm...altho I would agree with an earlier post in this thread regarding bumping other posts to an additional page. You tend to have to go looking some.
astonio
Resident

Postby # 13 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:26 pm

BellWitch74 wrote:
Mark Kwan wrote:It is not just the lookalike pics many of the pics are very similar and do not need a separate thread. This month alone he has started over 40 threads in the Amityville Photographs forum which to me personally is ridiculous especially since it forces so many previous posts to the next page of the forum and people might miss contributions from members other than Architect of light 75. I appreciate his efforts but there are other ways to display numerous pics such as Photobucket or Flickr. These services are free and allow people to share photo albums. Best of all we would not have to see those two pics that Architect of Light 75 has under his signature every time we looked at one of his photos.

You don't have to open the threads.

OUCH!!!!! BURN DAT A$$

Your my new hero Bell!!!!!! That was great :lol: :lol:
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:43 pm

Do you think we should tell the guy in question that this thread exists? :lol:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby evanguy2004 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:05 pm

I appreciate Arch of Lights efforts to bring all of the Amityville Horror Pictures to our attention. He has really made an efort to keep the boards moving forward with his postings. True most of these pictures are found somewhere on the web but he has taken the time to search and post these images for us. For this effort I applaud him for these efforts. :)
evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi Evanguy !

Doing well ?

Are you one of thinking we are teasing the Arch of Light too drastically :?:

Take care :idea:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby fairlyodd_58 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:17 pm

lol
fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Postby evanguy2004 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi Dan,

Doing well I hope?

I had to do a double take on your post. You totally ripped off the legendary Arch of Lights trade mark saying "Doing well?" plus all of his avatars. LOL...Too funny....

I like Arch of Light. He absolutely amazes me on his globe trotting throughout the world. I guess I really appreciate his passion for this site and his efforts of keeping things moving.
evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:27 pm

We like Arch. Sherb was just teasing him by making this thread.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby evanguy2004 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:We like Arch. Sherb was just teasing him by making this thread.

Arch can take it too. Just wait like at 3:15 am this morning when we are all in bed Arch will be busting our b*lls with the come back of the century. He is resilient when it comes to busting his chops.
evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Next

Return to Amityville Coffee House