JimmySmokes thread of Going Nowhere...

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Re: JimmySmokes thread of Going Nowhere...

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Guess I'm to blame for some of this. I should not have exposed the "Kongers" attack on here.

Instead now we have the Dan Attack. What can you do?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:58 pm

Jimmy! What do you make of this outrage?
Amityville faces second ‘horror’ as village poised to block cannabis sales

While the board appears set on opting out of weed retail and lounges, trustees hope to give voters the final say.

Amityville, Long Island, is probably best known for the 1974 mass murder of the DeFeo family and the subsequent explosion of books, movies and media attention on the supernatural horrors that allegedly followed.

Not only do the village’s residents have to contend with gawkers, tourists and wannabe ghost-hunters, now they may need to face another horror, depending on one’s views on cannabis, of course. It seems that Amityville may be the only municipality on Long Island where residents will be unable to buy weed legally.
https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-ne ... abis-sales :twisted:

Red Room
Amityville Member

Post by Red Room » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:17 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:58 pm

While the board appears set on opting out of weed retail and lounges, trustees hope to give voters the final say.

Amityville, Long Island, is probably best known for the 1974 mass murder of the DeFeo family and the subsequent explosion of books, movies and media attention on the supernatural horrors that allegedly followed.

Not only do the village’s residents have to contend with gawkers, tourists and wannabe ghost-hunters, now they may need to face another horror, depending on one’s views on cannabis, of course. It seems that Amityville may be the only municipality on Long Island where residents will be unable to buy weed legally.
That's a big let down for the owners of the horror house because they own an acupuncture clinic that sales cannabis products for medical treatment of their patients. I've seen them put out several ads to promote the product.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:25 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:58 pm

It's purely medicinal man!
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:25 pm

We have particular "free-dumbs" in this silly country.

Just the locals (town "elects") looking out for Amityville's best interests! They can't smoke anything but they're told to wear masks and "vaccinate" themselves, for the betterment of their neighbors. You know, "my body, my choice" right.

:roll:

I doubt Ronnie would've followed their coming ordinance though.

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:00 am

This thread is going nowhere

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:46 pm

devilbustedinct wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:00 am
This forum is going nowhere. The forum is dead Jim, and so is the story.

There is nothing left of interest thus the profound lack of traffic. Other than Ronnie's death this forum has been barely semi-active for years. I think the problem is what I call "hive mind": most regulars have long concluded the Lutz story is all but certainly not true, this means any meaningful debate is impossible which turns off newbies. Micky's and Danny's ludicrous claims about telekinetic uber warlock George have only further damaged the already paper-thin credibility of the AH saga. No one cares about a mystery many, nay a majority, consider solved. :(
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:30 pm

That's not entirely true, at least with the DeFeo murders are concerned.

We do not really need Butch DeFeo as he was unreliable anyway and a pathological liar from day one. So deceased or not makes no real difference to me in that regard, as cold as that sounds.

As far as the haunting goes the discussion has waned slowly over the years since George's death, with it spiking again with My Amityville Horror but then it waned again afterwards. I have the position now after two decades following this case that we will never really know what happened with the haunting but there are a lot of aspects that indicate strongly circumstantial towards something had happened. As to the origins we can speculate and that is the only reason perhaps that the debate is still alive today.

Back to the murders there are two questions in my mind about the murders themselves - how did nobody in the area hear the gunshots (but heard the dog) around the time of the killings and also was DeFeo the only one involved? Even re-reading High Hopes (for the fourth time) they do not even know for sure if he did act alone but just wrote the book based on evidence at the trial. The shots not being heard has baffled experts to this day.

So there are parts of the case that still have me very curious and why I still come here today.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:38 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:46 pm
most regulars have long concluded the Lutz story is all but certainly not true
:think:

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:24 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
devilbustedinct wrote:
Drama alert!
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:37 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:24 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
devilbustedinct wrote:
Drama alert!
How so? If DBC and I had not posted what we did you guys wouldn't have reacted, which is the most activity this forum has seen in MONTHS. Face facts, interest in Amityville is dead. Other than endless trashy movies there is nothing left. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. :lol:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Red Room
Amityville Member

Post by Red Room » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:06 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:37 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Amityville Rock wrote:

Drama alert!
How so? If DBC and I had not posted what we did you guys wouldn't have reacted, which is the most activity this forum has seen in MONTHS. Face facts, interest in Amityville is dead. Other than endless trashy movies there is nothing left.
I have no doubt that Ronnie's death marked the end of almost all interest in Amityville. When I first heard of this case exactly 3 years ago, I became overwhelmingly curious to learn more about the family and the haunting. I can't tell you why I became curious, but the story gave me weird vibes that made me want to learn more. The tragedy that happened at 112 Ocean Avenue 47 years ago will once be forgotten by all, expect for those living in Amityville, of course.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:12 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Amityville Rock wrote:

Drama alert!
How so? If DBC and I had not posted what we did you guys wouldn't have reacted, which is the most activity this forum has seen in MONTHS. Face facts, interest in Amityville is dead. Other than endless trashy movies there is nothing left. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. :lol:
I've called out the inactivity on this forum before, truth is many posts get removed as this is now a heavily controlled forum. I've been one of the more active posters for years.

Maybe we need another forum? Who can set one up?
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:03 am

Red Room wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:06 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:

Drama alert!
How so? If DBC and I had not posted what we did you guys wouldn't have reacted, which is the most activity this forum has seen in MONTHS. Face facts, interest in Amityville is dead. Other than endless trashy movies there is nothing left.
I have no doubt that Ronnie's death marked the end of almost all interest in Amityville. When I first heard of this case exactly 3 years ago, I became overwhelmingly curious to learn more about the family and the haunting. I can't tell you why I became curious, but the story gave me weird vibes that made me want to learn more. The tragedy that happened at 112 Ocean Avenue 47 years ago will once be forgotten by all, expect for those living in Amityville, of course.
Nah, Amityville Horror will be with us forever even if all the books and movies disappeared off the Earth. :)

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:20 pm

With no new information on the case, it’s not surprising there will be little activity on a forum about it.

believer
Amityville Addict

Post by believer » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:12 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:20 pm
With no new information on the case, it’s not surprising there will be little activity on a forum about it.
What's funny is that on facebook, I keep having the ad for this constantly popping up....

And there's a ton of comments on it....not about the product....but about the haunting and the murders. I think it's more that the whole forum concept is dated.....more people are satisfied with social media.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:18 pm

believer wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:12 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:20 pm
What's funny is that on facebook, I keep having the ad for this constantly popping up....

And there's a ton of comments on it....not about the product....but about the haunting and the murders. I think it's more that the whole forum concept is dated.....more people are satisfied with social media.
That’s a good point.

I think that also we have exhausted all conversations about this case.

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:51 am

This thread has gone somewhere.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:09 am

Well, there is a new Amityville movie coming out. It’s about a demonic pig that can apparently change its “shape” and “form”??

It’s entitled… Amityville Tranny

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:40 pm

lol jimmy. :)

I think unless we hear of the current owners or owners in the future having paranormal activity, we won’t hear anything we haven’t already discussed.

Also we would need new members. I’d recommend my sister, a believer, but I think she’d be too sensitive.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:23 pm

I seriously doubt that we'll be hearing from any of the new owners considering anything regarding any "activity", in the house ever again. I know that certain people in here are dying for any sliver that might leak out to satisfy their morbid desires for the house to be haunted, but, sorry it ain't happening.

You see, we have technology now and ways to prove activity of these sorts! One would think that given the houses' sordid/morbid past, someone there (by now) would've gotten something on film, camera, phone, etc, to give to the freaks to (once and for all) say, YES - and here it is, finally!!

Until that happens, it remains wishful thinking.

And do have your sister come aboard! It's always nice to have another believer on here. Works both ways....