Can't Log-In?

Having a problem with the board? Let us know here.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Can't Log-In?

Post by Dan the Damned »

Can't log-in to the board? Getting an "Access Denied" error? These might be the possible reasons:

You Entered the Wrong Username or Password

This is the most likely explanation. If you are getting a message like "invalid username/password" simply click on the "I forgot my password" link (in the "Log In" section). You will be sent an automated email with a new temporary password which you can then use to log onto the board (one that you can later change in your "Profile" page). If you no longer have the email account listed with us (the one in your profile -- which you probably used to sign up here), then just make a new account using your current email address.

If you really need access to your previous account, then email us and we'll try to verify your identity somehow.

We can't guarantee anything, though, as we don't want to risk handing over the reins of someone's account to another person by mistake.

If you created a new account between April 2019 and June 2020, your account has probably vanished. Some gremlins visited us, and we lost all data for that 14-month period. Sorry.

You Have Updated Your Email Settings on Your Profile

I believe the board automatically deactivates your account when you change/update your email in your profile. At least it did so years ago -- there have been many updates to the board software since then, so I'm not sure how it works now. In any case, if this has happened, and you are unable to log-in, shoot us an email at the above address.

The Board is Down

Websites go down every now and then. This is normal. But if this is the case, you wouldn't be able to read this page right now.

You Have Been Banned

If you are getting an "access denied" error, then this might be the culprit. Though we rarely ban anyone. If you have been a real jerk to people lately, or if you have been posting spam, then you may have been banned. Send us an email to the address above and we can discuss it.