Having a problem with the board? Let us know here.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 »

I was updating my profile and I was trying to upload an avator photo, but it's not showing up.

I resized it to 100x75, which is below the maximum, but I keep getting the small red-x where the photo is supposed to be. I tried uploading it on photobucket and resizing it to 100x75 again, and I get an error "The specified avatar could not be uploaded because the remote data appears to be invalid or corrupted."

I hate to be a bug, but does anyone know how to fix this?
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!
Shawn
Been there, Done that

Re: Avatar Help =/

Post by Shawn »

Try clearing your internet cache and then try it from a fresh copy(re upload it). Sometimes that works. I use Ccleaner(free).
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 »

Thanks Shawn! But I actually figured out what it was before I read the reply... the file size was slightly larger than what is allowed. So I saved it was PMG instead of JPG and it works now! Thanks a bunch!
kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM »

Your avatar looks good!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 »

Thanks! It's one of the newer photos I took of my model, I wasn't sure what photo to put up but I thought that one would stick out and it's not a shot from the movie so it's one of my own =P
Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn »

I love it!!! I need to change my avatar too. i have a cool house one.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.
AutumnMaidenDove
Amityville Addict

Post by AutumnMaidenDove »

Is there a time period for having an avatar cause right now it says mine is disabled.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned »

Yep. All new members have their posts put into a queue, not to be seen until approved by a moderator.

This is to prevent spammers from creating fake accounts here.

Once approved, your posts are viewable on the board and you account is "normal" -- you should have all permissions available to you, including the ability to select an avatar.
AutumnMaidenDove
Amityville Addict

Post by AutumnMaidenDove »

Oh okay, thank you for answering my question.