Amityville Movie Houses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
AmityWSFL
Amityville Member

Amityville Movie Houses

Post by AmityWSFL » Tue May 25, 2021 8:28 am

Already posted on the "Discussions" Part.

Here are Google Maps Links to the houses that played 112 Ocean Avenue:

Toms River, NJ House (Amityville Horror, Possession, and 3D/The Demon):
https://www.google.com/maps/place/18+Br ... 74.1889723

Wilmington, CA House (Amityville: The Evil Escapes):
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7889773 ... 384!8i8192

Horror Geek
Amityville Member

Re: Amityville Movie Houses

Post by Horror Geek » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:41 am

Thanks for this! Im a nerd for movie locations

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:14 am

Over the years, a number of locations have been found from the series. Some of the board members managed to find some of the locations and then I have a FB friend who looks up filming locations and managed to help me find some of the Amityville 4 locations - including the "cliff" where the house was in the film and where the lamp lands at the end. Fun stuff, I've been to some of the places in CA, I need to get around to visiting the ones I havent been to yet.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

AmityWSFL
Amityville Member

Post by AmityWSFL » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:03 pm

antny000 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:14 am
Over the years, a number of locations have been found from the series. Some of the board members managed to find some of the locations and then I have a FB friend who looks up filming locations and managed to help me find some of the Amityville 4 locations - including the "cliff" where the house was in the film and where the lamp lands at the end. Fun stuff, I've been to some of the places in CA, I need to get around to visiting the ones I havent been to yet.
I Actually found more Movie Locations from the series, including the fake sequels too. (Even though I found two.)

I managed to find the house used in The Asylum's "The Amityville Haunting" from 2011.
It has been renovated since 2015.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4268 ... 4625_zpid/

And also the exterior of the "Amity" House from "The Amityville Terror" from 2016.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2430 ... 4664_zpid/

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Not sure if you noticed, but the interiors for "Terror" are the same interiors they used for "The Evil Escapes" - even though the two films aren't connected lol

I've been to the house, it's really big. Some of what you see in "The Evil Escapes" were sets (the basement and the attic) or were filmed in another house/location. They actually used 3 different locations for the grandmother's house in that movie!

AmityWSFL
Amityville Member

Post by AmityWSFL » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:02 pm

antny000 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:26 pm
Not sure if you noticed, but the interiors for "Terror" are the same interiors they used for "The Evil Escapes" - even though the two films aren't connected lol

I've been to the house, it's really big. Some of what you see in "The Evil Escapes" were sets (the basement and the attic) or were filmed in another house/location. They actually used 3 different locations for the grandmother's house in that movie!
Oh Yeah, I forgot to mention that.
I know that the Woodbury-Story House (the interiors) were used in "Evil Escapes" and "Terror."

Oh and here is the 3d tour of the "Terror" House's real interiors.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=VH3xk1XxEQs&brand=0

The house was recently sold, and I noticed that these interiors are similar to the real 112 Ocean Avenue in Amityville.
Speaking of Ocean Avenue, if you go to the bathroom on the Third Floor, you can see a familiar window.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:27 pm

It honestly looks closer to the layout from the real house, or even the movie house, more than the Woodbury house does. I mean I love that house, it's fun to visit, but definitely doesn't resemble the Amityville house much, or at all, really.

I wish I could get inside the house they had used as the Amityville house in "The Evil Escapes" - I've tried, but no luck. Someone pointed out in my pictures of the outside that the shades in the window are the same ones you see in the film, so I wonder how much the inside has changed, if at all.

AmityWSFL
Amityville Member

Post by AmityWSFL » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:43 pm

antny000 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:27 pm
It honestly looks closer to the layout from the real house, or even the movie house, more than the Woodbury house does. I mean I love that house, it's fun to visit, but definitely doesn't resemble the Amityville house much, or at all, really.

I wish I could get inside the house they had used as the Amityville house in "The Evil Escapes" - I've tried, but no luck. Someone pointed out in my pictures of the outside that the shades in the window are the same ones you see in the film, so I wonder how much the inside has changed, if at all.
Aside from the "Amityville Terror" Filming Locations,
I attempted to find the House that Dimension Films used in "Amityville: The Awakening", aside from the replica House they built in Eldorado Park,
the filmmakers used a House also in Southern California,
according to the Set Decor article about the movie's production design,
they said that the interiors they used were filmed in a house that looked "exactly" like the movie house's interiors.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:49 pm

I sort of liked the interiors in that movie, but I also had issues with it because the inside didn't 100% match the outside.

The sun porch doesn't exist in the interior, which bugged me the most lol instead there are two windows on each side of the fire place.

The house also didn't look big enough to me. The rooms looked way smaller than in the first 3 films.

However, compared to many of the other "sequels", it wasn't THAT bad and quite frankly I'm happy they finally used an exterior house that looked like the original movie house and also, had a decent plot that somewhat stayed canon.

AmityWSFL
Amityville Member

Post by AmityWSFL » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:18 pm

antny000 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:49 pm
I sort of liked the interiors in that movie, but I also had issues with it because the inside didn't 100% match the outside.

The sun porch doesn't exist in the interior, which bugged me the most lol instead there are two windows on each side of the fire place.

The house also didn't look big enough to me. The rooms looked way smaller than in the first 3 films.

However, compared to many of the other "sequels", it wasn't THAT bad and quite frankly I'm happy they finally used an exterior house that looked like the original movie house and also, had a decent plot that somewhat stayed canon.
I noticed the missing Sunporch as well, that issue existed ever since Amityville 3D.
Heck, I saw the same mistake again in the Amityville Scene in The Conjuring 2.

AmityWSFL
Amityville Member

Post by AmityWSFL » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:25 pm

Picture Time!

(Amityville 1, 2, 3) Toms River Movie House:

(Amityville 4) Wilmington Movie House:

(Amityville Curse) Canada Movie House:

(Amityville Haunting) Toluca Lake Movie House:

(Amityville Terror) Los Angeles Movie House:

saintlaz1
Amityville Member