Have you experienced any hauntings yourself ?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Have you experienced any hauntings yourself ?

Post by Architect of light 75 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:33 am

Good morning.

How are you today ?

Have you personally experienced any kind of hauntings ?

Let's share it.

I wish you a nice day :idea:
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:48 am

Great question Arch of Light. I have never personally experienced anything supernatural. I think I'm very open to the possiblities and I certainly don't question the fact that it exists. However I have stood for instance at the Stepney and Easton Union Cemetaries here in Monroe, CT. The exact location which Lorraine Warren claims to be one of the most haunted areas in the world (At the corner of Rt. 59, Jockey Hollow and Rt. 25 because of the tragedy and deaths that have occured at this spot for 10's of years)!!! I have parked my car and sat alone after the bewitching hour of 9pm and waited to see the White Lady of Monroe and nothing. I drive past this section of my town alot late at night and although thousands of people through the years have experienced the White Lady starring into their cars, in their rear view mirror and even some claim they have hit her only to get out of the car to see no one. I have not experienced anything. I asked Lorraine Warren during her last Halloween Bash why is it some people see ghosts and some do not. She claims you have to be "Sensitive" and open to the entitiy. Apparently I am not. Which is probably good for me because if I did see The White Lady of Monroe lets say pulling up to a stop sign at the Stepney Cemetary (Minutes away from where Lorraine Warren lives) and I see the White Lady of Monroe starring into my side window of my car would probably scare the sh*t out of me.

Monroe is a town in Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 19,247 at the 2000 census.

The town was recently featured in Forbes' "Best Places to Live" feature article. Monroe, like its neighbors, is largely considered a bedroom community of New York City. Monroe's neighbors are Newtown, Easton, Oxford, Shelton, and Trumbull.

If you want to learn more about the White Lady of Monroe please click on this link. Note the Ed and Lorraine mention at the end of the article:

LINK

Pictures of the area of Monroe where Lorraine Warren claims to be the most haunted area in the world!! This is where the White Lady of Monroe has been seen countless times. Maybe I should come back and try shooting some pictures late at night?

Note that although I have not personally expored the area behind this famous old cemetary, Lorraine Warren has shown pictures of some old mansion that exists just behind the treeline directly behind this cemetary that she says is real haunted too. One day I have to wonder back there to check it out!! Lorraine showed pictures during her last lecture that looked very intereresting!!

halloween1972
Amityville Member

Post by halloween1972 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:50 am

YES.....
I posted a thread earlier asking for some help about my house. My family has always considered me 'sensitive'. I have had visits from relatives and friends that have passed.

When I was in my early 20's , one of my girlfriends bought a ouija board. I wanted nothing to do with it and specifically told her not to bring it around me or ask it any questions about me. She didn't listen. Before I knew it, weird things were happening and I was having terrible feelings of being watched and followed around.
Even telling this much of the story just scares the sh*t out of me. I eventually had a special blessing and started to deligintly(sp) read the bible. After what seemed like forever, things started to slow down and eventually stop.
It was one of the scariest times of my life. I have never felt something so evil and I hope to not feel that ever again.
I hope I can sleep tonight even bringing it up.....
you moved the headstones but you left the bodies...

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:07 am

My experiences (at least those prior to my baptism in 1993) are up at http://chatanuga.org/MyGhost.html.

Kevin

Lit de Justice
Amityville Addict

Post by Lit de Justice » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Once, and it was the ghost of an Indian in an old house on Eastern Long Island! Fortunately, he was nothing at all like the Indian chief that Hans Holzer says haunts 108. He was glowing with light and I didn't feel the least bit afraid of him.

I did have an odd experience in Paris. I was being a tourist and came to this one place, a plaza, when all of a sudden this very cold, desolate feeling came over me, a very depressed feeling. I really thought it was very weird.

Later that evening I found out that that's where the infamous guillotine hangings were held.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Hey Evanguy !

How are you doing pal ?

Thanks for your nice comment.

I believe it's possible that this cemetary is kind of haunted by a Lady in White for exemple. I don't believe that going to the place very often will show you what you're expecting. I think you should pass by sometime naturally and then you will maybe see something.

Do you know what I mean buddy ?

You can still try to visit the old Mansion that is behind also.

Give us some news if you do please.

Have a good night :idea:
evanguy2004 wrote:Great question Arch of Light. I have never personally experienced anything supernatural. I think I'm very open to the possiblities and I certainly don't question the fact that it exists. However I have stood for instance at the Stepney and Easton Union Cemetaries here in Monroe, CT..

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Hey Halloween1972.

How are you ?

Thanks for your comment man.

I do remember your thread and I believe I replied to you..

Can you please give some details about what you said like "I have had visits from relatives and friends that have passed" ?

I agree, that Ouija thing is not safe and not smart to do.

Is it over now, can you sleep and live well ?

I hope so.

See you man, take care :idea:

halloween1972 wrote:YES.....
I posted a thread earlier asking for some help about my house. My family has always considered me 'sensitive'. I have had visits from relatives and friends that have passed.

When I was in my early 20's , one of my girlfriends bought a ouija board. I wanted nothing to do with it and specifically told her not to bring it around me or ask it any questions about me. She didn't listen. Before I knew it, weird things were happening and I was having terrible feelings of being watched and followed around.
Even telling this much of the story just scares the sh*t out of me. I eventually had a special blessing and started to deligintly(sp) read the bible. After what seemed like forever, things started to slow down and eventually stop.
It was one of the scariest times of my life. I have never felt something so evil and I hope to not feel that ever again.
I hope I can sleep tonight even bringing it up.....

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Hey KevinW.

How are you ?

Thanks for your comment 2.

I'm going to read your link when I have more time.

See you then.

Cheers :idea:

KevinW wrote:My experiences (at least those prior to my baptism in 1993) are up at http://chatanuga.org/MyGhost.html.

Kevin

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Hey Lit de Justice.

How are you doing Lady ?

Thanks for your comment by the way.

So you meant that the ghost of the Indian you saw was not scarying you at all ? How was it like, what was he doing ?

Can you give us some details please ?

I understand what you felt in Paris. I have been in Paris 3 times but I don't think I saw the place you're talking about. Can you also give us some more details about that experience please ?

Of course, a lot of innocent persons have been killed with these "guillotines" years ago. Another dark part of France's history.

Thank you Lady, have a good night :idea:

Lit de Justice wrote:Once, and it was the ghost of an Indian in an old house on Eastern Long Island! Fortunately, he was nothing at all like the Indian chief that Hans Holzer says haunts 108. He was glowing with light and I didn't feel the least bit afraid of him.

I did have an odd experience in Paris. I was being a tourist and came to this one place, a plaza, when all of a sudden this very cold, desolate feeling came over me, a very depressed feeling. I really thought it was very weird.

Later that evening I found out that that's where the infamous guillotine hangings were held.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:54 am

I've never experienced a haunting. I've had a couple of slightly strange things happen, but one could be explained away as a mere coincidence, and the other wasn't very exciting - just a weird scratching sensation coming from the floor during my first meeting with George Lutz in a restaurant in Vegas. The closest I've come to coming up with a natural explanation was that we were sitting there for 2 hours or so (George liked to sit and gab in restaurants), so maybe the circulation wasn't running so freely to my foot. But even that doesn't seem like it would cause the same sensation (which was as if someone was in a room underneath me and scratching a knife on the ceiling above his head (which would be under my feet).

The other incident came not too much later. When I told Lisa Marie about the scratching incident, she said she'd sent me some blessed candles or something. Around that time, my neighbor told me that supposedly the ladies who lived in my place before me moved out and said it was haunted (I think he was pulling my leg, though). All the same, I actually bought a crucifix for my wall to see if it would spin around, or cause a reaction.

It didn't.

Eventually, I got around to taking the crucifix off my wall, taking it to the local church and having a priest bless it and myself. Soon after returning home, I got a phone call that my mom was in the hospital ER with chest pains. My mom is fairly health, and even in her mid-60s, she's never gotten chest pains before. But she got them today - at the same time I was being blessed.

My mom turned out to be okay. She thought she was having a heart attack - she was struggling to breathe. They were going to admit her to the hospital, but she passed the stress test fine and all her tests came back fine and she was back to her old self again just hours later - so she got sent home and nothing ever became of it.

So that could be a coincidence. Ya never know.

Coincidences abound. Tonight I went to a play with some family members, and we talked about how Vegas has plays, but they chop them up and make them shorter. That led me to remembering the price of gas in Vegas when I was out there for Lee's memorial service. I remembered it because it was lower than it was in LA. The price didn't strike me as being odd at the time, but the coincidence hit me tonight: The price of gas in Vegas when George's memorial service was conducted was $3.15...

Now that probably doesn't mean anything - but still, its one cool coincidence...

halloween1972
Amityville Member

Post by halloween1972 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:00 am

Hey Arch-

You did reply to my post about my house. Thank you for the information.

My experienes with friends and family who have passed have all been pretty much the same. It is in a dream and I am on a hill in a grassy field.
The first person I saw was an Uncle who had passed 10 years before and he was on a hill aout 100 feet away. Than about a year later I had another dream that I was in the same place except this time--another Uncle-who had passed about two weeks prior-- was in front of me on a hill and behind him was my other Uncle from the previous dream. Make sense?? Than about 9 months ago--I dreamt about this place again except I saw a girlfriend that had passed the previous year. This time she spoke to me. She told me that others wanted to visit with me as well but they were on different levels and were unable to come to this level but she could pass along messages for me.
I have noticed that I have these 'dreams' when I am struggling with things in my life and they always are a comfort.
The most vivid experience that I have had was with my Grandmother who had passed when I was a baby. I woke up one night when I was 15 and she was standing at the foot of my bed. She had on a blue dress and looked so happy and healthy. She motioned for me to follow her and I got out of bed to do that and than I thought 'what am I doing? I'm dreaming' and I got back into bed. As I was getting back into bed, I watched her walk out of my room and down the hallway. I will always wonder what she wanted. I wish I would've followed.
I've had other experiences. They are usually wonderful and leave me feeling content.
I haven't had any problems since the ouija board experience. UGH! That was horrible.
you moved the headstones but you left the bodies...

sarah1826
Amityville Member

Post by sarah1826 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:32 am

I have had similiar dream experiences as Halloween1972 but being the skeptic I am have never considered them as actual visits or hauntings.

My father passed away suddenly when I was 21 years old on Father's Day of all days.

I consider myself to be an insomniac 80% of the time & with the small amount of sleep I do get I very rarely remember my dreams. Yet there have been a handful of instances over the past 13 years where I have had very vivid dreams where my father is talking to me. In these dreams he is always talking about current situations in my life, usually reassuring me that things will be alright. So it is safe to say I tend to have these dreams at emotionally charged times in my life.

I would love to think it is my Dad's way of letting me know he is there with me but my rational side says it's just my sub-conscious trying to deal with hard times. I guess I am still on the fence, but the idea of it truly intrigues me.

Lit de Justice
Amityville Addict

Post by Lit de Justice » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:13 pm

[quote="Architect of light 75"]Hey Lit de Justice.

How are you doing Lady ?

Thanks for your comment by the way.

So you meant that the ghost of the Indian you saw was not scarying you at all ? How was it like, what was he doing ?

Can you give us some details please ?

I understand what you felt in Paris. I have been in Paris 3 times but I don't think I saw the place you're talking about. Can you also give us some more details about that experience please ?

Of course, a lot of innocent persons have been killed with these "guillotines" years ago. Another dark part of France's history.

Thank you Lady, have a good night :idea:

Hi Architect, hope all is going well with you!

I really can't say too much more about the Indian ghost I saw. He was brightly lit up though--he did not look like a normal person, it was more as if he was made of light. He was just standing in the doorway, and I just had the feeling he meant no harm at all. An enlightened soul, I suppose. I wasn't afraid at all.

As for my Paris experience at the gulliotine spot who knows, maybe it was just a coincidence? I did feel VERY cold at that spot and I had no idea the history of it. It was just a bad feeling, like the bad feeling I'd get at my cousins' house in Massapequa (next to Amityville). I think my cousins' might have even gone to school with some of the DeFeos. THAT Massapequa house always gave me the creeps.

By the way, that panda bear at end of your messages is mesmerizing. Where the heck did you get that thing? A strange mixture of creepy and cute!

BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Post by BellWitch74 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:29 pm

I have. I don't want to give massive detail, but something was in my house when I was a teenager. It beat on the walls around my living room, kitchen, and outside my bedroom for a few weeks. First couple of times I talked myself into thinking I'd really been asleep, but it kept happening and I was not asleep. It would knock/beat in a circle around my living room, coming around to my bedroom and it would pound the loudest over my bed, right over my head. The last time it happened, I slipped out of bed and went to my door and waited until I heard it knocking in the kitchen again. When I did, I flung the door open and ran down the hall. Instantly I heard pounding footsteps right on my heels. Scared the daylights out of me. I flipped the switch for the hall light, it didn't come on. I ran into my mom's room, slammed the door, told her someone was in the house. She got up (she'd heard nothing, never did any of the nights it happened), turned on the hall light, which came right on, and of course nothing was amiss. Very very scary for me. I thought I was going crazy at the start. It stopped when my mom, who thankfully believed I was telling the truth, went from room to room and said the Lord's Prayer one day while I was at school. It never happened again.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Mon May 05, 2008 9:10 am

As some of you know, I moved into this house at the end of May of last year.

There's been quite a bit of remodeling, painting and even the removal of a non-supporting wall.

In the course of the last year, I can't say that I've encountered any sort of strange or unexplained instances. I mean all old houses have their own noises and this one is no exception. Especially with the days being warmer now yet the nights still cooling down. But, you become accustomed to the sounds and know what they are.

However, last night something I heard, something very distinct, disturbs me... and although I was asleep when I began hearing it, within a matter of ten minutes I was fully awake and alert...eventually sitting straight up in bed.

I wasn't sleeping very well last night, I think I kept waking up sweating. It was rather warm upstairs. Anyhow, around 3:30 a.m. I woke to the sound of some kind of thumping. At first I assumed it was one of my dogs itching on the floor and perhaps her leg was thumping as she scratched, but when I looked around I saw that both dogs were fast asleep and not moving at all. The sound continued with a pause every 15 seconds or so. Kind of like "boom" 10 - 15 second pause..."boom" another 10-15 second pause..."boom"...etc. And this went on for around ten minutes ( seemed like ten hours to me at the time). I was almost too afraid to move so I laid there (on my stomach) listening. Finally I raised my head up off of my pillow and propped my upper body on my elbows and continued to listen. Then I realized what it was that I was hearing. One of the recliners downstairs was opening and closing...and NO ONE was downstairs!!!

When I finally got up enough nerve to move, I sat straight up in bed ...and the noise completely stopped. And no, I did NOT come downstairs until daylight!

Yes, there might be a rational explanation...but I know the sound of a recliner opening and closing. Especially the one I'm thinking it was, as it has a very distinct sound.

I've got the chills just writing this. I think I'll spend the day outside...

BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Post by BellWitch74 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:02 am

:shock: Thinking of getting rid of the recliner?
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon May 05, 2008 4:43 pm

Wow - freaky experience, Krissy! :shock:

I think I've mentioned here before that I used to experience the sensation of someone sitting on the edge of my bed (when nobody was there). I haven't had it happen in a long time. It seemed to happen maybe twice a year or so, and always when I was not fully awake.

Since it always happened when I wasn't fully awake, I thought maybe these are related to dreams in some way. I say that because reading your story, it seemed like it took you a little while to recognize the sound, and once you did you sat up in bed - perhaps coming to full awareness at that time (waking up fully when sitting up, and when the sounds stopped).

Just a thought. But my experience was with touch, and yours was with sound.

I did have a weird sound experience once. Back in 2004 I had a very close friend die. I forget how much later it was - I think 2 or 3 months later - but one day I clearly heard his voice say, "hey Dan." And it sounded just totally normal, in his voice, just saying a casual "hello."

Unfortunately, looking back on this incident, I can't remember if I was half-awake or fully conscious. I very well might have been half-awake, as I do remember I was in my bedroom at the time. And the fact that his death hit me very hard might well have played a significant role (as to this being more of a psychological experience instead of something paranormal).

I'm not trying to debunk everything - just thinking out loud. Whether things are supernatural or psychological - its all still very interesting...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon May 05, 2008 6:01 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I think I've mentioned here before that I used to experience the sensation of someone sitting on the edge of my bed (when nobody was there). I haven't had it happen in a long time. It seemed to happen maybe twice a year or so, and always when I was not fully awake.

Since it always happened when I wasn't fully awake, I thought maybe these are related to dreams in some way.
Dan, would you put that down to Sleep paralysis?

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Mon May 05, 2008 6:10 pm

BellWitch74 wrote::shock: Thinking of getting rid of the recliner?

GREAT idea BW!!!

Maybe I should place a small piece of powdered donut on it, call it "ghost poop" and see if it sells on E-Bay! :lol:

:wink:

Seriously though, THAT was a very strange thing to hear in the middle of the night knowing that all five people in the house were fast asleep (including the two dogs...even though they are spoiled brats who won't stay off the furniture, I would be totally amazed if they knew how to recline the chairs!)

I am actually thinking about setting up my laptop tonight with the motion detection turned on...just to see what it picks up.

If you guys don't see or hear from me for a few weeks, you know it picked something up and I made a serious Scooby Doo outta here! :P

HoneyBe24
Amityville Member

Post by HoneyBe24 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:30 pm

I did in my own house. The strangest thing happened and i had asked a catholic priest about it and he told me what to do. My sister's ipod went off at 9:30 and she was in another room and i had asked her if she turned it on it was blasting load she said no and came to check it and it was on lock everyone knows that an ipod can't be played on locked. Right away we though maybe something mechanical went worng with but we had it checked out and it was fine and so were the speajers. Also there are inicentds when our lights are left on in the apratment when they were shut. We had more incidents that i'm not saying.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon May 05, 2008 6:41 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Dan the Damned wrote:I think I've mentioned here before that I used to experience the sensation of someone sitting on the edge of my bed (when nobody was there). I haven't had it happen in a long time. It seemed to happen maybe twice a year or so, and always when I was not fully awake.

Since it always happened when I wasn't fully awake, I thought maybe these are related to dreams in some way.
Dan, would you put that down to Sleep paralysis?
That's interesting. There are some differences, though - I didn't notice any paralysis and I don't think I was fully conscious.

The reason I don't think I was fully conscious is because this experience never scared me - it always felt calm and reassuring, kinda like being a kid again, home from school with a cold, and having my mom come in and sit on the edge of the bed while she gives my medicine or brings me a snack or feels my forehead.

I think if I was fully conscious this would scare me, much like Krissy's experience. That is what I'm basing my state of consciousness as being - based on my reaction to the experience.

But it was always very different than a regular dream. It was more of an experience than a dream.

And another odd thing about it was the fact that the sensation of someone sitting on the bed felt the same, even when I switched from a normal bed to a waterbed. I was experiencing the sensation of being on a regular mattress, and someone sitting on the side of that regular mattress (even though in reality I was on a waterbed during some of those incidents, which wouldn't feel the same as a regular mattress).

That's another reason why I think it was some weird memory recall, and all in my mind - even though the experience felt so real...

But again, I'm not trying to be Mr Debunker here. I don't know if Krissy's experience is along the same lines as mine or not.